Names you loved as a teen

What names did you love as a teen that you can’t imagine using now?

I LOVED [name_f]Cherry[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], and [name_f]Samuela[/name_f]. But my number one favorite was a misspelled word that came up using the old T9 texting, Kindrex. I definitely can’t see myself using any of these names now as an adult.

My favourite girls names was [name_f]Ria[/name_f] because wherever I came across it, it meant rainbow. But I’m not much of a fan of it now, also it doesn’t mean rainbow.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite boys name was [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], but now that feels too religious for me to ever use.

Oh, I love [name_f]Clover[/name_f]! :four_leaf_clover:

I loved [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] as a child and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as a teenager. I wouldn’t use any of them now but my taste is definitely closer to my teen self!

1 Like

I remember in high school loving the name [name_u]James[/name_u] for a boy (especially with the nn [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]) and the full combo AnnaClaire [name_f]Elise[/name_f] for a girl. I wouldn’t use either now, but I do still like the names [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] individually.

I still have a tattered old copy of Beyond [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] and [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Montana[/name_u] from when I was 13. :laughing:

I circled [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Moses[/name_m], [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f], [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_u]Dream[/name_u], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Dante[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]

To be fair though I’d still use most of them if given the chance.
The only name I used to like and definitely wouldn’t use now is [name_u]Dakota[/name_u]. Hmm…wouldn’t use [name_u]Dream[/name_u], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] or [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] now either.

1 Like

I loved [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]. The first combo I remember considering for a future child was [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] - ([name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] being my mn). I was drawn to [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] from Scripture and saw the nn [name_u]Rae[/name_u] or [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]. I hope someone somewhere finds a use for [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] one day but it won’t be me.

I remember watching the [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] films and becoming obsessed with [name_u]Embry[/name_u] for a boy, as well as Roran from the Eragon books.

@floatinthesky I had a name crush from the Eragon books too! Mine was Murtagh. I still think the name is really cool, but I wouldn’t necessarily use it, it’s a GP. There were some great names in that series.

1 Like

I kept a list of my favourite names ever since I was a pre-teen, and here are some of the winners :stuck_out_tongue:

For girls, I loved Olessya, [name_f]Mackenna[/name_f], [name_f]Alexina[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
For boys, [name_m]Roman[/name_m], [name_m]Dominic[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m], [name_u]Sky[/name_u]

At 22, I wouldn’t use any of these now lol

I also had [name_u]Sky[/name_u] on my boys list! I think it was after watching Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f]! Haha

1 Like

Fun question!

For reference, these were names that I loved around twenty years ago.

I had a couple good ones that are still on my favorite list now-

Girls:

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Estella[/name_f]

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]

[name_f]Lilie[/name_f]

And a few that I still kind of like now:

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

And a few that I really dislike now:

[name_f]Amber[/name_f]

[name_u]Brinley[/name_u]

[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]/Nickie

Boy names that I still love:

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_u]Finlay[/name_u]

[name_m]Julian[/name_m]

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

Boy names that I still kind of like:

[name_m]Alec[/name_m]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

[name_u]Austin[/name_u]

[name_m]Brandon[/name_m]

[name_m]Colin[/name_m]

[name_m]Luke[/name_m]

[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]

[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

[name_u]Reilly[/name_u]

[name_m]William[/name_m]/Billy

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]

And a few that I really don’t like at all anymore:

[name_u]Blake[/name_u]

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]

I was so ahead of the trends w/Adeline, [name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], huh? :grin:

me too! hahaha

I used to love [name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], [name_f]Savanah[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u], Raena, [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_u]Lake[/name_u] and so on. Definitely wouldn’t use any of these names now!

Almost forgot my absolute girl and boy favorites: [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m].

I loved [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]. I thought it was the prettiest name in the world for a lot of my childhood / early teens.

In my teens I used to say I’d have twins called [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_u]Logan[/name_u]. Both really nice names, but not ones I’d use today. I loved the name [name_u]Scout[/name_u] for a girl, I thought it was too cute. Loved [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] for obvious reasons :joy:

I really likes the names [name_u]Emlyn[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Lorilyn[/name_f] for a girl - obviously i really liked lyn endings

Oh man — [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (I feel like everyone interested in names went through a HUGE [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] phase), [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]. So, so classic & heavily influenced by [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]-- and while I appreciate them all, I don’t know that I’d use any of them now. Maybe [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], occasionally [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ("[name_u]Allie[/name_u]"), [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] too.
I think nowadays my taste is much wilder. :wink:

For girls: [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Akila[/name_f], [name_f]Amara[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Amaya[/name_f], [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariella[/name_f], [name_f]Aysel[/name_f], [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Elysia[/name_f], [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Iolana[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], Isabis, [name_u]Ivory[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Kailani[/name_f], [name_f]Kiera[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lillith[/name_f], [name_f]Lucette[/name_f], [name_f]Lynette[/name_f], [name_u]Lynx[/name_u], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Mariella[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_f]Myra[/name_f], [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_u]Nikita[/name_u], Nohealani, [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Nuria[/name_f], [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Rajani[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_f]Sakura[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], Serephina, [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Zarina[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Zira[/name_f], [name_u]Zuri[/name_u]

For boys: [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], Andreois, [name_m]Azreal[/name_m], [name_m]Damien[/name_m], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_m]Finian[/name_m], [name_u]Fionn[/name_u], [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], [name_m]Hyperion[/name_m], [name_m]Jamal[/name_m], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_m]Kier[/name_m], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_m]Lonan[/name_m], [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m], [name_m]Marius[/name_m], [name_m]Obsidian[/name_m], [name_u]Oleander[/name_u], [name_m]Orran[/name_m], [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_m]Zane[/name_m]

Names I might still use : [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Lillith[/name_f], [name_f]Lucette[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f], Serephina, [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]; [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m], [name_m]Hyperion[/name_m], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_m]Marius[/name_m], [name_u]Oleander[/name_u], [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

Can you tell I like floral names? Lol

October and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] are the names of my angels I had as a teenager. The other top names I liked were [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_m]Jason[/name_m]. The two sets couldn’t be more different lol but they all mean something personal to me.

I still am a teenager (only for one more year) but I’ve been a namenerd since I was about 14 or 15 and I LOVED the name [name_m]Kaeden[/name_m] for a girl and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] for a boy. I was convinced I was going to name my children that. I also liked [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] “[name_m]Harry[/name_m]” (I’m pretty neutral on this name now), [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] “[name_u]Sully[/name_u]” (not really a fan of it anymore), [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] “[name_u]Ash[/name_u]” (I prefer [name_u]Asher[/name_u] “[name_u]Ash[/name_u]” now), [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] “IJ” (I like them but I’d never use the names), and [name_u]Arya[/name_u] (I still really like it but it’s a bit too popular for me).

I used to love [name_f]Kirsty[/name_f] & [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] for girls and [name_m]Zac[/name_m] - just [name_m]Zac[/name_m] not [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] or [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]. I wouldn’t really consider them now.