Names you should like but don't

What are some names you feel like you should like but can’t seem to be into?
Maybe they’re the same style you prefer, have lettering you like or prefer, etc.

3 Likes

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] names, Archie/Archer, Finley/Finlo/Finnian, Tabitha/Tabula, [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_m]Maxfield[/name_m], Diane/Dianna, Estelle/Estella, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f],

1 Like

For girls
[name_u]Palmer[/name_u]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Unisex
Seven/Sevyn
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]

For boys
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]. It’s a classic case of “it’s not you, it’s me.”

7 Likes

Nereida!

[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f].

Jane! My goodness, why can I not like Jane?! She is exactly my taste, but it just seems bland and uninspiring to me. For a boy, I really do like Hugo, but I can’t picture myself using it. I’m sure there are many more, but these come to mind first.

1 Like

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] I really don’t like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] either.

delfina-

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] jump out to me, but I’m sure there’s more. I don’t even know why but I can’t come around to them

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I do like it but I heard it called aloud once and it sounded kind of cold. It’s cute though I’ve just never added it to my list.

1 Like

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

To me, it looks like imagine spelled wrong

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. It feels like it should be up my alley, but all I can think of is the character from Monk, which isn’t necessarily a bad association, just a strong one for me.

Same with [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. All I can think of is [name_u]Ren[/name_u] and Stimpy.

1 Like

I also thought of:

Margot
Willa
Bonnie
Penelope

Felix
Arthur
Laurence
Theodore

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. It seems like it would be my style, but something about the sound just doesn’t appeal to me.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_u]George[/name_u] (along with his variants [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] etc)

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] I should like she’s a classic choice easy to spell nice meaning but just sounds like the word loose to me which is unattractive

[name_u]George[/name_u] and his variants I should also love they are classic names, I like the connection to nature through the meaning ‘farmer’ and OH father is [name_u]George[/name_u] but just can’t to me they just sound so unattractive!

As @bertha_bernard said it’s the classic ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ but instead of with [name_f]Claire[/name_f] it’s [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_u]George[/name_u]!

1 Like

Fin- names. They’re so popular and so well liked. I’m literally the only person I know who actively dislikes them.

3 Likes

Girls:
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (and most Mad- names)
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
Augustine/August
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]

(I’m sure there are more but these stuck out)

[name_u]Avery[/name_u]!