Names you'd actually name your child

Hi berries!

This is a thread to share what you would actually want your child to be named, or plan to name your children. I have all sorts of names on my UC, but I’d never really name my son [name_m]Eliseo[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] or my daughter [name_f]Isolt[/name_f] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f].

Names I would name my child…

Boys: [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Robinson[/name_m] [name_m]Wayne[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]

Girls: [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Saphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Lytle [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
and maybe [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f]? [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f] is a bit daring for me.

What are your names?

4 Likes

I would

I would actually use:

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Eurydice[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f]
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_f]Helisent[/name_f]
Others…

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]

my taste in girl names is so much more out there than my boys!

2 Likes

All of the names in my UC! :joy:

As of right now, my favorites from my list are:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]

4 Likes

@rosepip you’re a lot braver than me :sweat_smile:
@may.rose Yay! Someone else likes [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Freya [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f] is my favourite of yours, it’s just so beautiful!

I’d use all in my UC, but they’re separated into the Spanish themes which I’ll use, and the others which I’d love to use but just wouldn’t match

Rosalia [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Dianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_m]Leandro[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Elio[/name_m]

Amalia [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you!

Vera or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

2 Likes

Elliot, [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] for boys.

Eve, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] for girls.

I’d love to use [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] irl but I’ve accepted that it sounds awful with my last name…

2 Likes

I feel like I’d use most of my UC combos!
With some changes, like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] Sunflower, maybe. Still thinking about how weird I can actually go with middle names in real life lol.
There are also some combos that I love but wouldn’t use because of popularity ([name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_m]Angus[/name_m] [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]), or because of pronunciation issues ([name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Honor[/name_u])
Would use:
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_f]Lettie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Honey[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Posey[/name_f]
Oh + I have [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] in my UC, but I’m more likely to use [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or a longer An- name with the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] in real life

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]

Realistically a boy would probably have the middle name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] after my dad, unless it didn’t sound good with the first name (so obviously not [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] or [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m])

6 Likes

I’d use [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. And for a boy [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Will[/name_m]’.

3 Likes

Caro, [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Ines[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and maybe [name_u]Hero[/name_u] (:broken_heart:) or [name_f]Mabli[/name_f] for a girl.

Sasha, [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_m]Florin[/name_m], [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] or [name_u]Rafa[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_m]Tor[/name_m] or [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] for a boy.

9 Likes

All of my names in my UC (well… [name_m]Napoleon[/name_m] is a bit much, and [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] might not make it on to a real baby, but we’ll see)!

Ophelia [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] are my top two choices. That probably won’t change (though [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]’s middle name might).

1 Like

i had ozzy christopher in my UC before!! but someone said christopher felt too plain as one of my middles and i was too lazy to explain the honour name lol
fern diana and claude ellerbe are so you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I like family names, so there are loads that I’d love to use, but probably won’t unless they’re connected to my future kid’s dad’s family in some way.

Today, with no paternal input:

Brigid [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Susan[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Essie[/name_f]/Sunshine”
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] “[name_f]Bee[/name_f]”
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] “[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]”

Robert [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_u]Bobby[/name_u]”
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] “[name_m]Wim[/name_m]”
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]”
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] “[name_u]August[/name_u]/Gus”

4 Likes

Ozzy [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is darling!

3 Likes

The only name on my list I wouldn’t use is [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] (cry forever and ever) as [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a supermarket in my home country. (keep crying)

I’d use all other names. :heart_eyes: :rose:

3 Likes

Your names make me so happy :yellow_heart::sunflower::honeybee::honey_pot::rosette:

3 Likes

that’s so so sweet! thank you so much!

3 Likes

I’d probably use them all to be honest. I think the only one I don’t really feel 100% on anymore is [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (Not a huge fan of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] nowadays). If I limited it down to six per side (that’s my max limit if I ever did have kids), boys would definitely be: [name_u]Toryn[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Night[/name_u], [name_m]Kayne[/name_m] [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] (I’d maybe change [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]), [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Hale[/name_u], [name_u]Kemper[/name_u] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] [name_u]Layne[/name_u]. Girls would be down to: [name_f]Olwyn[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_u]Laken[/name_u] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], Heulyn [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_u]Salem[/name_u] [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Nevara[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] & Arwyn [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] (I’d probably switch [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] out for something that I like more)

4 Likes

Pretty much my whole UC. [name_m]Just[/name_m] about every combo I make has an honor name woven into it, so they’re all very usable in real life. But the ones that especially have my heart are:
[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_m]Albie[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Kindred[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
And [name_m]Linus[/name_m] [name_m]Elwood[/name_m]… but I already have a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]… so I probably wouldn’t ever actually use it😭

5 Likes