Namesake names

[name_f]My[/name_f] three kids are all named after someone.
[name_f]My[/name_f] oldest son is named after my dad. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle son is named after my grandma who passed away. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughters middle name is the same middle name as my mom and me.

Here’s my question. I’ve always wondered. If I had another girl should I think of someone else to name her after or give her the same middle name as my mom, me, and her sister? I think because it’s such a special one part of me would feel bad if she didn’t share it too??

I think I would want to use a different name because I’d want a different name than my sister. Maybe there’s someone on SO’s side you could honor or maybe they could have SO’s middle name/variation of?

Id use the same one! Its a tradition and very sweet! I do think she might feel left out otherwise.

1 Like

I like the sweet connection for two sisters. [name_f]My[/name_f] siblings and I all share my mom’s maiden name as our middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] one recommendation would be to ensure she has her own first initial, especially if she and her sister will share a last name.

1 Like

I would try to use another family name or name with a meaningful connection

I have a friend who gave all her daughter’s the same middle name, [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], because it was a family tradition. If you would like to name her after you, your mom and her sister I don’t think it matters too much, it’s actually kinda cool.

1 Like