Namesake Stretch

So DH’s favorite uncle was [name_u]Terry[/name_u] [name_u]Gene[/name_u]. He would love to honor him but I don’t like either name and neither fits our naming style.

Is [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] a stretch? [name_m]How[/name_m] far is too far a stretch when it comes to honor names?

Honestly, to me it seems like it stretches as far as the parents/namers are comfortable with. Honoring someone is all about thinking of them when you come up with a name – whether it’s their favorite flower, last name, first name, rearranging of letters, etc. This doesn’t even seem like that much of a stretch, considering some others I’ve seen. I didn’t know that was a name, but I do love the idea of honoring someone and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] sounds pretty darn awesome. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion. :slight_smile:

What she said. :slight_smile:
I also think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Gene[/name_u] sounds handsome as well.

I considered [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] as a first name but know it would end up as [name_f]Gen[/name_f] ([name_f]Jen[/name_f]) or [name_u]Gene[/name_u] as a nickname.

And I am glad others agree it is the spirit of the name. He would know [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] was after his great-uncle and why we wanted to honor him.

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch. If you like it, use it :slight_smile: