Naming a boy is hard!

[name_f]Babe[/name_f] #2 is a boy! Not feeling as inspired with this one. Here are the names currently being thrown around.

Our last name is very similar to [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. Middle name will probably be [name_u]Michael[/name_u], but that’s not set in stone.

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

Would love to hear your feedback on these four… and suggestions I may like!

What is [name_f]Babe[/name_f] #1 called?

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] - [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] a cool name. I think of the guy from Lost.
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - Out of all the classic names like [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_u]Michael[/name_u] etc. I like this one still.
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] - I just think people will constantly ask, [name_m]William[/name_m]?
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] - Great name as long as the huge jump in popularity doesn’t bother you.

[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] (not as popular as [name_u]Finn[/name_u])
[name_m]Ryder[/name_m]

I agree, it is difficult. Regarding your list so far…

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] - It’s not terrible, but not really my style.
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - A timeless classic. You can’t go wrong with this one, though it’s not one of my personal favourites.
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] - Prefer [name_m]William[/name_m].
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] - My favourite of your choices. It’s simple, handsome and not one I encounter too often.

Some additional suggestions: [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_m]Damien[/name_m], [name_m]Zachary[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Clement[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Colin[/name_m]…

Forgot to mention, older sister is [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. (Yes, like Frozen, but born 2 years before…)

I’m not too concerned with creating a nice-sounding sibset.

Honestly I think all of the names listed work with [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] and with [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. And (I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] BTW) I don’t find myself hearing any of them on tons of little boys.

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] feels like the most classic, traditional one to me. I think I like it the least with the middle name [name_u]Michael[/name_u] - they don’t flow that well [name_f]IMO[/name_f] - but the middle name usually doesn’t get much use anyway, so that may not bother you.

This may not apply to you depending on where you live, but in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] I would expect a [name_m]Willem[/name_m] to be mistaken for [name_m]William[/name_m] a lot of the time and have to correct people often. Not a crime against naming, just an issue that comes to mind.

[name_m]Willem[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Callum[/name_m], which reminds me of [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] - all would work with [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] as a surname. You might also like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], Aidric, [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], and/or [name_u]Everett[/name_u].

I really like [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. All of them sound nice with your last name.

I know you say you aren’t concerned with matching siblings, but it would be nice for your boy to have a name with a bit of spunk like [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. I find [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] a bit boring (plus so popular.) [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] is a good choice, I like that it’s just stuffy enough, but could be freshened up with a nn on a young boy. [name_m]Willem[/name_m] would constantly get mistaken for [name_m]William[/name_m]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is popular where I am. One of my very faves, but it’s popping up more and more.

Would you like:
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]. It’a my favorite from your list. I’d avoid the middle [name_u]Michael[/name_u] with it though, since they rhyme. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] sound awesome together.

Wondering how [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sounds with your last name ;-). [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] is strong, handsome, and accomplished, though.

My favorite is [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a great combo, and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] & [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] are so cute together!

[name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

I feel that [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] (even tho a great name) doesn’t pair well with your surname with the ‘muel’ and ‘new’ sounds competing. Perhaps not such an issue if you plan on calling him [name_u]Sam[/name_u] but just thought I’d say what came to mind

I am warming up to [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] more and more. [name_m]Dez[/name_m] and [name_u]Desi[/name_u] are great nn.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] is fun and spunky, sometimes I wonder if it will age as well as others but I think that’s just because I haven’t ever met an older [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] has good flow.

[name_m]Willem[/name_m] will def get confused with [name_m]William[/name_m] so if yr unsure on this one to begin with, I think the confusion would start to get old quite quickly. I love [name_m]William[/name_m] tho!

Here’s some others you might like:
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] / [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ted[/name_m]/[name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Ned[/name_m]/[name_m]Jed[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilson[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Raymund[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]

My first response to [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] was “ick!”, but the more I see the more I love it.

Some other names to consider:
Strother
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]Hallam[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]
[name_m]Eames[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Faulkner[/name_m]
[name_m]Sayer[/name_m]