Naming a cast of characters (1)

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

For my latest book, I have a lot of background characters that need names. So, obviously, I decided to ask you writerberries (?). Is that what the berries of writer’s corner go by?
So… I won’t make this any longer then it already will be.

NOTE: Preferably no ‘trynndeigh’ ‘modderrynn’ ‘kre8tyve’ or ‘yooneek’ spellings or names.

The MC’s name is [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]. LMK what you think of her name!

(These are all important but minor characters)

Character 2: A short and wispy sort of girl, she is the type of person who doesn’t often get noticed unless she’s talking, which happens a lot. With her social, LOUD personality, people tend to find her amusing and surprisingly fun to be around. A real chatterbox.
I was thinking [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] for her. Preferably, a longer, classic name with a shorter modern nn.

Character 3: With his black hair and almost golden eyes, this boy is sadly manipulative for his age. While he never pays the price for his own actions, many face others do. He plays mind games with people to manipulate them.
Basically, not the nicest guy. His, for lack of a better words, accomplice is C4.
For him name wise… well, I have no ideas. Maybe [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u], even though that doesn’t really appeal too me.

Character 4: The accomplice/partner in crime of C3, looks surprisingly innocent. With her curly brown hair and pale blue eyes, most people believe that she can do no wrong. Unfortunately… she can.
I was considering names that sound cute and sweet, but have dark meanings and history, i.e. [name_f]Lilith[/name_f].

C5: With her amber colored hair and dark eyes full of joy, it’s unsurprising that this girl is well liked. The surprise comes when you find out that she’s the best friend of C6.
I saw the name [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] yesterday and thought that I HAD to use it for a character. Maybe this will be the one?

C6: The stereotypical ‘quiet girl’. Once you get to know her, she’s talkative and friendly, but since she hardly ever talks, her social skills aren’t very good. Because of that, people think her slightly cruel and uncaring, which she isn’t.

[name_f]Tia[/name_f]!
(I’ll be back tomorrow with more, lol!)
-jasmine

2 Likes

I have no idea if we call ourselves writerberries but we totally should! And I love Cecily Kerensa.

For C2: I thought of Lisbet but maybe that’s too short? Elisabeta nn Lisbet? Josephine nn Josie, Felicity nn Fliss or Fee, Seraphina nn Sera, Sepharina nn Seph, or Leanora nn Nora could work too!

C3: my first thought was Isidore? Maybe Constantine.

C4: Delilah comes to mind right away. Maybe Circe because it sounds sweet but is connected to someone who could perform great deeds when she wanted to.

C5: I really like Avalon for this character! Other ideas include Araluen, Arcadia, Aphra, or Thea.

C6: Maybe Juno? I also thought of Isla, Beatrix, Sybil, or Jessamine.

Hope this helps! LMK if you have any more specifications and I’ll try to find names that fit those.

1 Like

Here are some ideas!

C2: [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexie[/name_u]), [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]), [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] ([name_u]Abby[/name_u])

C3: [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u] (means dark)

C4: [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] (means dark), [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] (dark challenger) [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] (dark), [name_f]Kenna[/name_f] (born of fire)

C5: Maylea, [name_f]Amara[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]

C6: [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Desiree[/name_f], [name_f]Lora[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f]/ [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], Bodil

Good luck!

1 Like

C2: I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for her because of the nn. I also quite like [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Lyssa[/name_f])

C3: I like the suggestion of [name_m]Damien[/name_m] and the name [name_m]Cashel[/name_m].

C4: I quite like the names [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], both having darker histories. But especially [name_f]Pandora[/name_f].

C5: Maybe [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], both meaning light.

C6: [name_f]Mikaela[/name_f] is honestly my favorite of her out of the names I’ve been looking at. But there’s also [name_f]Zoei[/name_f] and [name_f]Nidia[/name_f].

1 Like

MC2: [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Carol[/name_f]
MC3: Theophilius
MC4: [name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
MC5: I love [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], also [name_u]Ember[/name_u].
MC6: [name_u]Julianne[/name_u]?

Also:

• We are totally writerberries!
  • We are not writerberries

0 voters

1 Like

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] is magical and grounded at the same time, LOVE!! (and no, not just because [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] means love)

C2: I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] for her, and I feel like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_m]Zeb[/name_m], or [name_f]Bizzy[/name_f] would fit her as a nn for either.

C3: [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Carson[/name_u], [name_u]Casey[/name_u]…something about those hard C names, though I don’t like many of them usually, feel right to me apparently. Also [name_m]Sid[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but probably just because they remind me of other characters like him with those names. Maybe [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Vinny[/name_u], or [name_m]Victor[/name_m]??

C4: [name_f]Layla[/name_f]/Leila(night), [name_f]Delphi[/name_f](hollow, which is perfect!), [name_f]Kiera/name_f

C5: [name_f]Joy[/name_f]! Also sounds like my friend [name_f]Joy[/name_f] :wink: [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] would work!! [name_f]Faye[/name_f] or Erelyn, maybe [name_m]Per[/name_m]

:heart_eyes: I have been in love with [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] since hearing it…literally…it’s been my top girls name every day since I first found it!!! :grin:

1 Like

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] is great!
C2: first name that came to mind was [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or [name_f]Dora[/name_f], also works.

C3: [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Austin[/name_u], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u] I think could work.

C4: I like [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and the suggestion of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] may work as well.

C5: [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] is pretty. I think you are right that this name fits best with the description.

C6: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] was the first name that came to mind. [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], or [name_u]Halle[/name_u]/Hallie also seem to fit in my mind.

Good luck!! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :blush:

1 Like

The final list of characters…

C2: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]

C3: [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]/Austin/Idk which

C4: [name_f]Layla[/name_f]

C5: [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]!

C6: [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]

5 Likes