Naming a Cast of Characters (help)

Hello everyone!! :wave:t2::wave:t2: I’m new here!

I’m currently writing a book that has a whimsical, surreal tone (think ghibli studio film) though it’s still contemporary and set in modern times. I want names that reflect this and am hoping that you guys can give me some suggestions. :blush::blush:

[name_f]My[/name_f] MC is named [name_f]Cocoa[/name_f] [name_m]Neko[/name_m] (last name is still a WIP) and I’m looking for names that fit in with that vibe.

[name_f]My[/name_f] characters are as listed:

[name_f]Cocoa[/name_f]'s estranged best friend & 2nd MC - She’s 3rd generation Latina and still close with her culture so I’d like something that reflects her roots. She plays the upright bass and is going to university for a degree in the arts. On the outside, she’s tough and comes across as standoffish but once she gets comfortable with someone, she’s very intelligent and a bit shy. Looks like she could kill you but is actually a cinnamon roll would be an accurate description.

[name_f]Cocoa[/name_f]'s current friend - She comes from a wealthy family as [name_f]Cocoa[/name_f] does and is going to university for a degree in [name_f]English[/name_f] with the intent to be a journalist. She’s a part of the debate team and current valedictorian of their high school. She’s not afraid to speak her mind will call you out if she thinks you’re in the wrong somehow. Her overall personality is intense; those achievements didn’t come from her being shy, that’s for sure.

[name_f]Cocoa[/name_f]'s 2nd current friend - She’s the daughter of two celebrities and is a v famous Instagram influencer. She’s going to university for a degree in fashion and has her own beauty/fashion related Youtube channel. She could be described as prissy and is definitely bougie. Mostly, she’s content as long as she’s being properly pampered but is also wickedly cunning and shouldn’t be underestimated.

2nd MC’s new best friend - They’re nonbinary and Latinx/Afro American so I need a gender neutral name though it doesn’t necessarily have to reflect their culture. They’re going to university for a degree in the arts and plays the viola. They’re sarcastic and have a dark sense of humor but secretly they just have a lot of feelings and are pretty gaurded with who they share them with.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :sparkling_heart:

2nd MC: [name_f]Mila[/name_f]! or [name_f]Camila[/name_f] called [name_f]Mila[/name_f]. [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] called “[name_u]Ari[/name_u]” ([name_m]Ah[/name_m]-ree). Or [name_f]Elena[/name_f] called [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lena[/name_f] (“lay-na”).

Cocoa’s Current friend: [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] or McCall

Cocoa’s 2nd current friend: [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Nixie[/name_f]

2nd MC’s new best friend: [name_m]Eryx[/name_m]!!! [name_u]Sol[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_f]Djuna[/name_f]

1 Like

2nd MC: [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

Current [name_u]Friend[/name_u]: [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Joss[/name_u], [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]

2nd Current [name_u]Friend[/name_u]: [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Liora[/name_f]

1 Like

These names are FABULOUS!! I love [name_u]Sol[/name_u] and [name_f]Djuna[/name_f]! It’s so hard to choose but I’m also loving [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Ugh, so many choices…

1 Like

I was actually going to name the 2nd MC [name_f]Romana[/name_f]! Maybe this is a sign. :thinking::thinking: I’m also loving [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_u]Joss[/name_u] and [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]!

1 Like