naming a real person is a big job ... help!

Along with food aversions, I seem to be having “name aversions”. :slight_smile: Names I used to [name]LOVE[/name] and thought we had settled are now just falling flat. Ideally, I would like to have a list of 3 names for each gender and we can decide for sure when we meet this little guy/girl.
Here are some names that we used to like (or only one of us likes) so you can get a better idea of the direction we are headed.
Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] - this was our #1 top pick for a boy, but I don’t think I love it anymore. I am just hearing it all the time and am a little tired of it. It’s DH’s grandfather’s mn so it’s staying on the list just in case I have a change of heart. Maybe as a middle name…
[name]Edison[/name] - DH’s other granfather is [name]Edward[/name] and this was what we planned on for [name]Henry[/name]'s mn. I like the way it sounds but all I can this of when I hear it now is “addison”. ugh!
I also like the sound or “feel” of these names but wouldn’t use them for one reason or another (because they dont sound great with our ln or they got vetoed)
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
I feel like there were lots more but I can’t think right now…

Girls:
[name]Charlotte[/name] - this was the ONLY girl’s name we could agree on! And, like [name]Henry[/name], I’m just hearing it all the time and it’s not that exciting anymore.
Other names I love (they have ALL been vetoed):
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
Names I love the “feel” of but am not brave enough to use:
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]June[/name]
Names DH likes but I’m not sure…
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]

Our last name sounds like tee-myer. It’s difficult to spell so I’d love for our baby’s name to be simple and straightforward so they don’t have to spell out [name]BOTH[/name] of their names for their whole life. :slight_smile:

Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!!!

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Eli[/name]! I know how you feel about [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] - I’m staring to hear them everywhere.

Here are a few suggestions:

Girls -
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Valerie[/name]
[name]Collette[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]

Boys -
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]

I know how you feel, so I hope I can help.

I’ll try to make some suggestions based on the names you listed.

Names like [name]Henry[/name], [name]Edison[/name], [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Eli[/name]:
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] (also similar to [name]Charlotte[/name])

Names like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Clover[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Cosette[/name]:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]