Naming Baby #2

Hello Berries!

[name_f]My[/name_f] best friend is expecting baby #2. She is so unsure about names and her partner doesn’t care, so she’s basically told me to pick for her.

She already has one two-year-old daughter named Lili’0na R0se - named after her grandmother, [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] is due in [name_u]August[/name_u], so we don’t know the gender yet.

We’re looking for a name that goes well with Lili’ona, but isn’t the exact same style.

For boys, she likes:
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] (her fav)
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] (my suggestion, she really likes this one as it does partially honour her brother)

For girls, she likes:
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] (her fav - but this is my name, so we’re not sure on it)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (unsure)
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u] (this is off the table due to a bad association, but she still likes it)

She’s really hoping it’s a boy, because [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] is the only name that truly feels right so far. We quite like [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] or [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]

Her brother passed away a week ago, so we are thinking that a name to honour him could be nice. His name is Clar3nce R0bert - which she thinks is “terribly outdated”, so perhaps a name with similar meanings?

She has British and Arabic heritage, so something that honours either of those heritages could also work.

Thank you all in advance!

What does she think of [name_f]Clara[/name_f]? It’s stylistically similar to [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in my opinion, goes nicely with L, and closely related to her brother’s name :)

So sorry to hear about her brother.

[name_f]Ro[/name_f]- names could be good to honor his middle name:

[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Roberto[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocky[/name_u]

I like both [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] a lot. I’d also add in [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] and [name_m]Sergio[/name_m] as suggestions.

For a girl, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Claribel[/name_f] could be a good way to honor her brother I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] a lot too.

Perhaps [name_f]Starla[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? :thinking::thinking: im not so sure about that one, as I’d prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? Not related to [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but perhaps the tone is right, and it has the British nod.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f], or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] / [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as a first name would be really gorgeous. :heart::heart: Really really sorry to hear about her brother’s passing.

[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is brilliant!! Maybe [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Clark[/name_m] to honour Cl@rence? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]?

A few others to honour her brother…

[name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (from middle R0 beginning)

Some names like [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] and Luca…

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
Milo/Miles
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Thiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is sweet!

Some names to honour her brother for girls:

Clara/Claire/Clarice
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_u]Carey[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
Calla/Callie
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

Some names like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] and Phoebe…

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_u]Aster[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s brother :white_heart:

I really like both [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u] for her. It sounds like she’s really clicked with the name [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], and I think [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is a nice connection with her brother’s name. And I personally love alliterative sibling names, so [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and Lili’ona sound perfect to me!

For a girl, I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] would be sweet – in addition to being your name, the meaning reminds me of her brother’s name, because of brightly shining stars. I do think she should consider if she would want her daughter and best friend sharing a name, though – it might get confusing as to who she’s referencing. Maybe [name_f]Stella[/name_f] could be a middle name?

For other girls’ ideas, I would suggest…
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
Brightley
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f] / [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Electra[/name_f]
[name_f]Zariza[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]