naming baby No.1 scottish/irish?

My Boyf and I are due our baby beg of next year and have recently started discussing possible names. We’re Scottish and both school teachers so we have a breadth of names at our fingertips but often day-to-day experiences put you off!! Boyf likes traditional boy names (he suggested [name]Paul[/name] last night so feel I may need to guide him!) I would like something fairly uncommon but not ultra-trendy however as this is mainly an American site I’m hoping the suggestions won’t be as well-known in [name]Glasgow[/name]!! I love the creativity of everyone on here so I have my fingers crossed! Here’s a tentative list of names we are considering so far:

Girls - [name]Isla[/name], [name]Keeva[/name], [name]Farrah[/name] Boys - [name]Declan[/name] or [name]Shay[/name] (Find boys much harder!!)

We both have a McD surname which is quite long so probably thinking 2 syllables or less

Other helpful info: Boyfriend’s name: [name]Andrew[/name], Mine: [name]Lisa[/name], Mum’s [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name], Dad’s are [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Tony[/name], Sisters (to us) [name]Amy[/name], [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Toni[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] and Brother [name]Gregg[/name]

Our friends have had 2 little girls recently [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Eilidh[/name]

Thanks so much in advance for your time and help!! Lxx

What about:

Girls:
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Fable[/name]

Boys:
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]

"Girls - [name]Isla[/name], [name]Keeva[/name], [name]Farrah[/name] Boys - [name]Declan[/name] or [name]Shay[/name] (Find boys much harder!!)

We both have a McD surname which is quite long so probably thinking 2 syllables or less

Other helpful info: Boyfriend’s name: [name]Andrew[/name], Mine: [name]Lisa[/name], Mum’s [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name], Dad’s are [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Tony[/name], Sisters (to us) [name]Amy[/name], [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Toni[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] and Brother [name]Gregg[/name]."

[name]Isla[/name] – I’m a big fan. But do you mind if a name is popular? I believe I’ve read it is number 1 in [name]Scotland[/name]. It hardly registers here, so it is much easier to recommend to American parents.

[name]Keeva[/name] – Here in the southwestern U.S., a kiva is a ceremonial room used by the Pueblo Indians, so feels to me taboo as a child’s name. But of course you see it differently. ([name]Ah[/name], the wonders of having this conversation on the Net!)

[name]Farrah[/name] – [name]Lovely[/name], but I think of the American actress which makes the name seem more dated than it probably is in your neck of the woods.

Boys:
[name]Declan[/name] – [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Shay[/name] – I want to correct the spelling to [name]Shea[/name], not that I would know how it should be spelled! And not a favorite.

Suggestions:

Boys:
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Cian[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Malachy[/name] ([name]Favorite[/name]!)
[name]Kieran[/name] (Another favorite!)
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]

Girls:
[name]Ailsa[/name] ([name]Favorite[/name]!)
[name]Arabella[/name] (Might be too much for you, doesn’t fit with your choices.)
[name]Cerys[/name] (Welsh, but still.)
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Rhonwen[/name] (Welsh)
[name]Bronwyn[/name] (Welsh, [name]Favorite[/name]!)
[name]Ruby[/name] (Darling, like [name]Isla[/name], but also very popular!)
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

If you like [name]Isla[/name] but think it is too popular, you might want to consider Scottish [name]Iona[/name].