Naming Boy #5, due Christmas Day

I though my baby naming days were over when my fourth son was born spring of last year, but I am very surprised and very excited to be naming another baby–our fifth boy is due [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] day. But we have already used the boy names that are especially loved and important to us.

Our boys are: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u]), [name_u]Kaelen[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] ([name_f]Kae[/name_f]), [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], and [name_m]Christian[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u]). We have a single syllable last name starting with R. We also have an angel baby named [name_f]Auriel[/name_f].

Our naming criteria:
[ul]

[/ul]

A few names we are considering right now are [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] or [name_m]Nikolas[/name_m]. I also really like [name_m]Mikael[/name_m] ([name_u]Misha[/name_u]), but I’m the only one. We just haven’t come across anything we love.

Well there it is. What’s so hard about that huh? I’d love to hear your suggestions.

[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Tavish[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]

For the middle I was thinking maybe [name_u]Loren[/name_u] or [name_m]Lorrence[/name_m] to honor your [name_f]MIL[/name_f].

I will be adding [name_m]Anders[/name_m] to our list and would not have thought of [name_u]Loren[/name_u] for a middle name. Thank you.

For your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] how about

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] nn [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] or Laun

I like the pp suggestions of [name_u]Loren[/name_u] and [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] for honor names. I think Houk would be an acceptable middle as well.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Neils[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]

My favorites for you would be [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_u]Micah[/name_u]. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Loren[/name_u] would be my favorite combo, though [name_u]Everett[/name_u] Houk sounds good as well.

[name_m]Nikolas[/name_m] was the first name I thought even before read it is one of your options. You can use [name_u]Niko[/name_u] or [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] as a nn. [name_m]Even[/name_m] Niklaus or [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]/[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] nn [name_m]Bas[/name_m] or Bash

[name_m]Truett[/name_m] nn [name_u]True[/name_u]

[name_m]Harris[/name_m]

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] “[name_u]Sacha[/name_u]”

[name_m]Roman[/name_m]

[name_u]August[/name_u] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”

[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] “[name_u]Nico[/name_u]”

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] “[name_m]Xavi[/name_m]”

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] “[name_u]Dash[/name_u]”

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] “[name_m]Oz[/name_m]” or “[name_m]Ozzie[/name_m]”

[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]/[name_m]Louis[/name_m]/[name_m]Louie[/name_m]

[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]

I have no suggestions but love your names. [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] sprung to mind immediately to honour your mother in law.

I just have to say that your boys have great names!! They are timeless without being overused and I’m glad that they all have special meaning to your family. I can tell this baby’s name is going to be just as great, because you know how to choose good names!

Here’s my input:

[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] and [name_m]Nikolas[/name_m] both have subtle ties to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], which I think is special without being over the top or weird. I don’t know if you did that on purpose, but it might help you to fall in love with a name. (Or make you hate it, depending on your perspective I guess haha) I also love the suggestion of [name_m]Anders[/name_m]- such a handsome name, and it compliments your other boys names so nicely!

[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f] are hard names to masculinize, but I think the suggestion of [name_u]Loren[/name_u] is a great option, as well as Houk. One other thing you could do to honor her is share initials: L.M. … [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_m]Mikael[/name_m]? It’s also a nice way to use a name you love but that your family isn’t crazy about.

My favorite combo ideas:
[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_m]Mikael[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m] Houk
[name_m]Nikolas[/name_m] [name_u]Loren[/name_u]

I’m super in love with all three of those! I’m excited to see what baby number five ultimately is named… Good luck!

I would also suggest pp’s suggestion of [name_m]Anders[/name_m]. Other possibilities…

[name_m]Henrik[/name_m]
[name_m]Euan[/name_m]/[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Bauer[/name_m]

I must say I absolutely love your kids’ names, they are so sweet. Tough criteria, but I will try and just brainstorm some ideas.
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]/[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]/[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Roderick[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]/[name_m]Oskar[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Sander[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Niels[/name_m]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u] (it is considered either cheesy or sweet for a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby, I don’t know what you think of such ideas)
[name_m]Mikhail[/name_m] for [name_u]Misha[/name_u] maybe? As for honoring your [name_f]MIL[/name_f], I thought of [name_m]Marlon[/name_m] ([name_f]Mar[/name_f] from [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and Lo from [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]; I know it ends in -n, but maybe it can work as a middle name), besides the obvious [name_u]Loren[/name_u] or [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u].

Also maybe Jaeger, [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], [name_m]Oran[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Porter[/name_u], Caleb

These are some great names, thanks everyone. I love that some names that are further back in our family tree have popped up her too. I’ll be sure to discuss with my hubby and let you know.
Thanks again!