Naming children

I know I’ve done a few of these, but as I’m in self isolation I’ve got to fill up the time somehow, so
If you could have any amount of children, and you didn’t have to honour anyone, or using names that people you know already have used, so you can just use the names and combos you really love, what would you name children?
[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to use this thread as many times as you want because I know my mood changes very quickly and with it the names I like most. This is just a little thing to get us all thinking and keep us all entertained. At this very moment my choice would be either;
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u]) [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
A year and a bit
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (Ily) [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
A couple of years
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (Twins with [name_f]Lucie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] ([name_f]Lucie[/name_f]/Lucy) [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] (Twins with [name_f]Alice[/name_f])
A couple of years
[name_f]Branwen[/name_f] (Wen/Wren) [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
If it was just girls
Or
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (Ily) [name_u]Maria[/name_u] (with the optional nickname CC because of my surname)
A bit over a year
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (Twins with [name_f]Lucie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f] ([name_f]Lucie[/name_f]/Lucy) [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] (Twins with [name_f]Alice[/name_f])
A couple of years
[name_m]Cristopher[/name_m] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u]) [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
A couple of years
[name_f]Branwen[/name_f] (Wen/Wren) [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
If a boy was thrown into the mix.
I think I’d like around 6 years between my youngest and my oldest, and I’d quite like twins, but wouldn’t be fussed if I didn’t get twins. I would like some children though. This is all purely hypothetical as I’m definitely not ready for children yet, still being in school and very much single :rofl:. I doubt I’ll want children until I’m 22+ at least, I’d like to at least 3 years of university. :grin: thanks!

1 Like

I want to have about 3 or 4 kids, so…

4 boys:
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]

3 boys + 1 girl:
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

2 of each:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]

3 girls + 1 boy
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

4 girls:
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]

2 Likes

I love this! [name_f]My[/name_f] mind changes everyday too but just now I’d have -
[name_u]Campbell[/name_u] [name_m]Angus[/name_m] [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_f]Amabella[/name_f] [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_u]Wyn[/name_u]

2 Likes

This would be if I didn’t use honors.

[name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_u]Lynx[/name_u] (b)
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m] [name_m]Branigan[/name_m] [name_m]Newt[/name_m] (b)
Jemison [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Fox[/name_u] (g)
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] (b) (twin to [name_m]Archer[/name_m])
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_u]Killian[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] (b) (twin to [name_m]Evander[/name_m])

[name_u]Gus[/name_u], [name_m]Frey[/name_m], [name_u]Jemmy[/name_u], [name_m]Vander[/name_m], and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d only like two or three children. I have more traditional ideas and more out-there ones, if they have a common last name

2 boys, traditional:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Clarence[/name_m]

2 boys, unusual:
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlen[/name_u] [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] “[name_u]Arley[/name_u]”

1 of each, traditional:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”

1 of each, unusual:
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

2 girls, traditional:
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] “[name_f]Margot[/name_f]”

2 girls, unusual:
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

3 boys, traditional, add:
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

3 boys, unusual, add:
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

3 girls, traditional, add:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f] “[name_f]Libby[/name_f]”

3 girls, unusual, add:
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f]

You can guess the others for two and one of each lol.

2 Likes

Assuming I can’t use my daughter’s name (it’s funner that way so I can come up with all new names), mine would be (in a perfect world where four children aren’t extremely expensive and stressful):

[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]

Or

[name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

Or (because why not)

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Antigone[/name_f]

In a perfect world Edie and Freya would be in there somewhere too.

2 Likes

I think at most I’d want two babies. :slight_smile: So Be@trix H@zel [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

I love this! In a perfect world I would love to have four children! I’m still finding it hard to find a lot of boy names I love so and my minds forever changing so, if you have any suggestions that you think would go with the others or even ideas on what middle names would go better together please feel free to share! Thank u!

Two Boys & Two Girls -
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Troy[/name_m]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/Theo [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]

[name_u]Four[/name_u] Girls -
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] [name_f]Aylin[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

[name_u]Four[/name_u] Boys -
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

One Boy Three Girls -
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] [name_f]Aylin[/name_f]

One Girl Three Boys -
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]

I also love the names [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]!

1 Like

I’m thinking 3, maximum four children. But we are not even started yet, so that remains t be seen.

3 girls:
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Azure[/name_u]

2 girls, 1 boy:
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Azure[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Forester[/name_m]

1 girl, 2 boys:
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_m]Forester[/name_m] [name_u]North[/name_u]

3 boys:
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_m]Forester[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]

2 Likes

Emma [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] are so cute

1 Like

I want 3, so without honours or a partner’s input I’d have…

Kennedy [name_f]Melrose[/name_f] Addiena
5 years
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f]
2 years
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] [name_f]Aviana[/name_f] Heddwen

or

Elijah [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] Carrow
5 years
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_u]Archer[/name_u]
2 years
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m] [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

or (ideally)

Kennedy [name_f]Melrose[/name_f] Addiena
5 years
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] Carrow
3 years
[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f]

But in real life the first middle names would be honours.

1 Like

Thank you @LadyMacbethWho! :blush:

1 Like

We want 2-3 kids, but to use all of our favorites we’d need like 6-8 :joy: So, with about 2 years between each, it would be some combo of these names:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]*
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]* (depending on if she was born before/after [name_u]Brooks[/name_u])
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]

IRL, all of them would have honor middles, but we’re still working on [name_u]Reese[/name_u]'s honor middle as well as [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]'s if it isn’t [name_u]Jo[/name_u], so I just plugged in names I love that my husband hates (whoops :wink:)

We literally only agree on [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] for boys, so fingers crossed no one in our lives uses them before us and we don’t have more than 2 boys :joy:

Ooh, yes @TDFM :heart_eyes:

I loooove [name_u]Rex[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] too. I really wanted [name_u]Rex[/name_u] but my husband felt it was too close to his name ([name_u]Max[/name_u]), and I guess I can see his point.

3 Likes

@katinka Thanks :blush: Isn’t [name_u]Rex[/name_u] so great?!

I’m actually not sure what my partner thinks about it but if he’s open to it I’d use it in a heartbeat. It’s a shame but I can see where your partner is coming from re [name_u]Rex[/name_u] being too similar to his own name.

I’m just so jealous you got to use [name_f]Juno[/name_f]!

Okay, first of all, I think that it would be one of the worst things in the world to be the sibling of a set of twins- not one of the twins, but in the same family. You’d see them constantly having a friend by their side (assuming they got along) while you were the odd one out. On one hand, it would be nice to have kids close together so that they could be like ‘friends’ in that way, but in my experience such close kids usually don’t get along. I made an entire flow chart for how many kids I would have based on the order of their genders (although I’m still not sure I’ll have kids- I’m more likely to adopt.) If the first kid is a boy, I’d wait until he was four to have the next kid. If the next kid was a girl, I’d stop there. If the second kid was a boy, I may try again for a girl. But if the third kid was a boy… I’d give up. Of course, I wouldn’t want to risk ever having three boys- that seems… not ideal. Anyway… if the first kid was a girl, I’d wait until she was three to have the next kid. If the next kid was a girl… it could be kinda nice to have three girls, with the third much younger than the first two, like in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, but also I would want my youngest to be a girl and wouldn’t want more than three kids, so I don’t know if I’d be willing to take that risk. If the second kid was a boy… same as above. I’m not sure which gender I’d rather have my first kid be- right now, I think that it would be the most exciting to have a brand new baby girl, but in the long run older brothers are better than older sisters. Plus, boy-boy-girl sibsets (where the girl is significantly younger than the boys) seem to usually work out well. And my names vary based on the gender order. I would definitely want [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] to be my youngest- right now, I’m thinking that [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] would be a great sibset, and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] would be a great name for an oldest girl but for some reason not really for a girl that already has an older sibling; whereas [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is one of my favorite boy’s names, but it seems like it would be better for a younger sibling. But [name_u]Theo[/name_u], one of my other favorites, is the same deal. And those are really the only two boys names that I love. So, it’s basically a complete conundrum. But if we disregard sibsets and orders and everything, if I had to name a baby right now, for a girl I’m feeling [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], and a boy would be [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u]. But I also am in love with [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]… and don’t even get me started on double middle names.

1 Like

I absolutely love this! I hope to have 4 children one day! [name_f]My[/name_f] tastes can range from traditional to unique.

4 girls:
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] Zoë [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

4 boys:
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_m]Terrence[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

3 girls 1 boy:
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] Zoë [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

3 boys 1 girl:
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_m]Terrence[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

1 Like

When I was a kid I had all sorts of names dreamed up, but now that I have a partner and a child of our own, I find it near impossible to imagine sibsets that aren’t influenced by my partner and honour names.

Because I know those children will simply never exist in my future, and regardless of how cool the name is, no imaginary child could be as absolutely awesome as my real little cuddly bunny is. She’s snoring beside me now. Imaginary sibsets no longer have the excitement of “if I have my own family one day”, they just feel kinda hollow.

Back as a teen though, one of my imaginary sibsets was 2 girls and a boy called [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], Roshana, and [name_m]Leander[/name_m].

1 Like

I’d probably have 2-3 kids. Most likely 2.
1 boy, 2 girls: [name_u]Onyx[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
2 boys, 1 girl: [name_u]Onyx[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
2 girls: [name_u]Onyx[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
2 boys: [name_u]Onyx[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
One of each: [name_u]Onyx[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]

I would love to have 4 kids with an even split of boys and girls, though I know there’s a chance this may not happen. I would also be willing to adopt a couple more kids in the future. I’m not sure if I want single or double middle names, so I am doing this with single this time.

Tɛgᴀn, Ɛlvᴀ, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] are pretty well set, provided my future SO agrees. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is also high on my list, but the other first names and middle names may change.

4 Girls

• Tɛgᴀn Orɛstɪnᴀ
  • Ɛlvᴀ [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

3 Girls, 1 Boy

• Tɛgᴀn Orɛstɪnᴀ
  • [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

2 Girls, 2 Boys

• Tɛgᴀn Orɛstɪnᴀ
  • [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]

1 Girl, 3 Boys

• Tɛgᴀn Orɛstɪnᴀ
  • [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]

4 Boys

• [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Christian[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] [name_u]Christian[/name_u] or [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] [name_u]Christian[/name_u]
1 Like