Naming Five Characters!

My story:

Genre: Sci-Fi [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f]

Okay, so my story is centered around the elements ([name_m]Fire[/name_m], Water, [name_f]Earth[/name_f], [name_f]Air[/name_f]) and Time. I need character names (First, middle, last) for each character. I would prefer each character to have a name relating to there element.

[name_m]Fire[/name_m]:
Female. Blonde hair and grey eyes. Medium height. Irritable, competitive, easily hurt, seems unemotional, logical, clever, is capable of fighting with many different weapons including one sword, two swords, bow & arrow, mace, spear, hand-to-hand, etc.

Water:
[name_m]Male[/name_m]. [name_m]Light[/name_m] blonde hair, blue eyes. Tall. Lanky. Talkative, friendly, funny. Most-used weapon is sword.

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]:
[name_m]Male[/name_m]. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Medium height. Competitive, logical, uppity, clever. Most used weapon is spear.

[name_f]Air[/name_f]:
Female. [name_m]Light[/name_m] brown hair, blue eyes. Medium height. Friendly, popular, funny. Most used weapon is mace.

Time:
Genderless. Hair color always changing, eye color emerald. Kind, gentle, sweet, capable of using any weapon. Please give unisex name.

I wrote a somewhat similar story and have assisted people writing element stories in the past, so these names should all have appropriate meanings.
[name_m]Fire[/name_m]: [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f], [name_u]Risa[/name_u]/Rysa, [name_f]Calida[/name_f], [name_f]Hestia[/name_f], [name_f]Vesta[/name_f], [name_f]Fina[/name_f], [name_f]Adena[/name_f], [name_f]Kenna[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]/[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], [name_f]Azar[/name_f], [name_f]Shula[/name_f]. You could also go simple and just call her [name_m]Fire[/name_m], or a fire-related name like [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Ash[/name_u], etc.
Water: [name_f]Aquarius[/name_f], [name_u]Nile[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Fjord[/name_f], [name_f]Atlantis[/name_f], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Lake[/name_u], [name_u]Neptune[/name_u], [name_u]Bayou[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Poseidon[/name_m], [name_u]Arlen[/name_u], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Irving[/name_m],
[name_f]Earth[/name_f]: [name_m]Gaius[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_m]Terran[/name_m], [name_u]Demeter[/name_u]/[name_m]Demetrius[/name_m]/[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] et.al, [name_m]Joran[/name_m]. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a bit of a stretch (held up the earth).
[name_f]Air[/name_f]: [name_f]Anemone[/name_f], [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f], [name_f]Aura[/name_f] (you could use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] with [name_f]Aura[/name_f] as a nn), Haizea, [name_f]Makani[/name_f] all have air/wind meanings, but if you’d be willing to go to sky/moon/stars/etc the possibilities are far more vast.
Time: [name_m]Cronus[/name_m]/Kronos (traditionally male but similar to unisex [name_f]Carys[/name_f]/[name_f]Caris[/name_f]), Dor, [name_m]Elian[/name_m]/Eilian

Cool idea!

[name_m]Fire[/name_m]: [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Blaire[/name_u], [name_m]Ashe[/name_m], Bridgid/[name_f]Bridgette[/name_f], [name_m]Conley[/name_m], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_f]Kalama[/name_f], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_f]McKenna[/name_f], [name_f]Pele[/name_f]. Names I think of being fiery but don’t exactly mean fire: [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Adair[/name_u]

Water: [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Rio[/name_u], [name_m]Nils[/name_m], [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_m]Ford[/name_m], [name_u]Rain[/name_u], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], [name_u]Wade[/name_u], [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], [name_u]Dune[/name_u], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], [name_m]Pike[/name_m], [name_m]Tide[/name_m], [name_m]Cane[/name_m], [name_u]Teal[/name_u], [name_u]Cyan[/name_u], [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Marlow[/name_u]

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]: [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Dagan[/name_f], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_m]Cliff[/name_m], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_m]Heathcliff[/name_m], [name_m]Birch[/name_m], [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m], [name_u]Grove[/name_u], [name_m]Lowell[/name_m], [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], [name_u]Channing[/name_u], [name_m]Conan[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m]/[name_m]Leon[/name_m]. These are mainly animal names but I think some kind of nature name would work here.

[name_f]Air[/name_f]: [name_u]Merle[/name_u], [name_u]Skye[/name_u]/[name_u]Skylar[/name_u], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Cloud[/name_u], [name_u]Raven[/name_u], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Vega[/name_u], [name_f]Capella[/name_f]. I think just names that are kinda lofty work too for example: [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], Genevivie, [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (loo-sha), [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

Time: I can’t think of how any relate to time so I’m just gonna give unisex names. [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_u]Neo[/name_u], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_m]Penn[/name_m], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_u]Casey[/name_u],

My favorites:
[name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Rain[/name_u], [name_m]Cliff[/name_m], [name_u]Skye[/name_u], and [name_f]Nyx[/name_f] - if you were going for obvious about their element kinda names
[name_m]Ashe[/name_m], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] - a little more covert but not completely secret
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_u]Fable[/name_u] - don’t have an exact meaning of element but have some connection to them

** [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], and [name_u]Auden[/name_u] - my favorites out of all of them. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] makes me think of a fiery girl and the color red, Murph is an easy to get along with, strong, but kinda goofy name that means sea warrior, [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] is long for an [name_u]Oak[/name_u] tree which are strong and earthly, I think the sound of Loo-sha is a lot like the sound the wind makes when it passes by, and [name_u]Auden[/name_u] is unisex and means old friend so I think it fits.

hope this helps a little! good luck

This sounds like a lovely idea :slight_smile: I don’t know if you are looking for more “realistic” names or not, but if names more on the creative end of the spectrum are ok, I would suggest doing something like choosing a more obviously elemental-related name for the middle, and maybe a less so one for the first. Last names could be Latin-sounding or something? You could end up with something like [name_f]Brisa[/name_f] Aero Caelum, which literally translates to “breeze air sky”, for your air character, and there are certainly many other combinations possible.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:
~Llumeneres

[name_m]Fire[/name_m]: [name_u]Ember[/name_u]
Water: Pontus, its Latin for “sea”
[name_f]Earth[/name_f]: [name_u]Dusty[/name_u], [name_u]Dustin[/name_u]
[name_f]Air[/name_f]: [name_u]Gale[/name_u], [name_f]Gail[/name_f], Vente
Time: Meridian [like prime meridian] or Meridiem the Latin spelling

[name_m]Fire[/name_m]: I’d go with a name like [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], etc. I have no idea if you are going for a more greek feel, or something more modern, or what. If so what people have said before me probably work better. I also like [name_u]Ember[/name_u]

Water: You could always take the mythological path with Posiedon, or you could take a more modern twist on things with [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_m]Nyle[/name_m] (Or whichever spelling you prefer), [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], etc.

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]: When I read the description of him I thought [name_m]Stone[/name_m]. Its earthy, modern, and it kind of goes with competitive etc.

[name_f]Air[/name_f]: When I saw the description of her first thought was Arrabella. It may not be directly related to air, but it is pronounce [name_f]Air[/name_f]-A-[name_f]Bella[/name_f]. Also an Arrabella seems like she would be friendly, popular, and like she would carry around mace in her purse.

Like I said you may not be looking for more modern names, but I’m going with more modern names because I’ve never been big on mythological names. Some of these names may not go with the elements the charactars are representing, but I feel like they describe the person. It’s all on a matter of opinion, and preference. I wish you the best on your book. I bet it will be great. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a cool idea. I’m intrigued by the kind of plot line you have planned.

[name_m]Fire[/name_m]:

[name_f]Rina[/name_f]
[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]

Water:

[name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
[name_u]Laken[/name_u]

[name_f]Earth[/name_f]:

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Oak[/name_u]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

[name_f]Air[/name_f]:

[name_f]Aeliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Nephele[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]

Time:
I thought [name_f]Solstice[/name_f] because they happen in regard to happen…

No idea really but [name_f]Solstice[/name_f] sounds too femine…

Good luck from Going_Merry

Thank you everyone! I am not going for names that are obvious, I am looking for names that fit their personas more. :slight_smile: