Naming Mischievous Fairy

In my story, there is a secret, hidden passage to a magical garden of sorts. Here, the place of [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]'s childhood, there are many secrets, legends, and mystical beings. Which brings me to my dilemma.

Background: Not much is needed for this as it is a new and separate place with separate naming styles, but the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of Their World grew up playing in the castle and found a secret passage leading to the above-stated garden. She made friends with two fairies. In the time of my story, she has come back with her two granddaughters and finds her fairies in a bit of trouble.

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] #1: Mischievous (but in a harmful way as anything over the top results in much danger), playful, and very energetic. Fairies are about the size of a child’s hand (5 in, 12 cm), and this one is no exception. She (I think they’re both girls) has shaggy, short blonde hair (very unusual for fairies) and large green eyes. Fair-skinned, green-ish wings… etc.

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] #2: Also a bit mischievous, but not nearly as much as [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] #1. Thoughtful, caring, but also a bit curt at times. A bit smaller than the average fairy. [name_u]Blue[/name_u]-black hair cut very short, black eyes (very mystical). Medium-skinned, blue-green-ish wings… etc.

I am fairly sure that both of the fairies are girls, but feel free to suggest boy’s names as well. I’m sure I’ll need them soon!

Also: does anyone know the difference (if there is one) between ‘fairy’ and ‘faerie’? I find myself using both but don’t know which is correct! Help!

Thank you for any help. I’m not going to put any names that I am currently using because the fairies are from a whole other world. Thanks!

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] is the correct spelling. You’ll also find Faerie, [name_f]Fay[/name_f], [name_m]Feri[/name_m] or [name_f]Fa[/name_f]ëry, usually used to make clear you mean a specific kind of fairy (like icelandic opposed to irish folklore), but since your world is made up, that is not the case here. Sometimes you’ll also find the word “Faerie Tale”, to make clear it’s a tale about little winged beings, and not what you’d normaly call a Fairytale (like [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_u]Red[/name_u] Riding Hood). [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that was understandable :smiley:

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] 1: [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_u]Lorca[/name_u], [name_u]Puck[/name_u], [name_m]Mick[/name_m], [name_f]Nika[/name_f], [name_f]Kendra[/name_f], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] 2: [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_u]Jaye[/name_u], [name_f]Leyla[/name_f], Leera, Minx, Runa, [name_u]Perry[/name_u]

Thank you for the clarification on the spelling of “fairy”! I will go back and change that.
Also, for anyone else, I am still wanting names for fairies (all types, personalities [most are mischievous], and genders) for random, somewhat unimportant fairies. So, keep ideas coming!

Um… Let’s see… If fairies with blonde hair are rare, maybe something related to this? Rubia (“blonde”), [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] (“yellow” or “fair hair”), Londonite (yellow gemstone), Chrysoberyl (yellowish green gemstone), Cymophane (type of chrysoberyl), Scapolite (yellow gemstone; this one is pretty cute 'cause in Portuguese “escapulir” means “to scape” but -in my region at least- this verb is mostly used when a child is ALMOST caught doing mischievous [childish] things), Citrine (yellow gemstone), [name_f]Amber[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ambar[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] ([name_f]Marigold[/name_f] / Marigolden!!!) and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. Other ideias for [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] #1 (btw, I think fairies should have names more on the weird side of the spectrum): [name_u]Fallon[/name_u], [name_f]Alyx[/name_f], [name_f]Margaux[/name_f], Lynnix, [name_f]Lakshmi[/name_f], [name_f]Enya[/name_f], [name_m]Victor[/name_m] (I watched an anime with a female [name_m]Victor[/name_m]), Pocket, [name_f]Tressa[/name_f] and [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f] - I like more tomboy names for this one. For [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] #2, maybe something more calm sounding (still weird, though) and short (with a darker style?)? Azulie, [name_f]Mona[/name_f], Zulu, [name_f]Elza[/name_f], [name_f]Theda[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Aurore[/name_f], [name_f]Whisper[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

More: Fada (fairy in Portuguese), Fata (fairy in Italian), Mágica / Magia (magic in Portuguese), Lua, [name_u]Asa[/name_u] (wing in Portuguese), Nanica (little one in Portuguese).

Here’s what I’ve come up with. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] 1 [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] nn Auri/[name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_u]Ray[/name_u], [name_u]Puck[/name_u], [name_u]Loki[/name_u], [name_f]Pocahontas[/name_f] (means naughty one, little wanton, mischievous, spoiled child, or playful one), Vixie, Vixen, Musteli/Mustela/Mustelle, Mustel (the weasel family), [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]/[name_f]Trix[/name_f], Ananya (unique in Sanskrit since blonde hair is rare), [name_f]Anaya[/name_f] (bad conduct or complete freedom in Sanskrit) [name_m]Fox[/name_m]/Vulpes/Vulpie/Vulpix, Kitsune (fox in Japanese), Fennec/Zerda, [name_m]Lynx[/name_m], Zorro (common name for Culpeo), Culpeo, Lycalopex (Latin name for Culpeo fox), [name_u]Sandy[/name_u], [name_f]Sahara[/name_f], [name_f]Jin[/name_f] (gold or blonde in Chinese), Huang (yellow in Chinese), Aurum (Latin for gold), Argentum/Argent/[name_f]Argie[/name_f], Ferrilata (Tibetan sand fox), Corsac, [name_f]Spirit[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]/[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]/[name_f]Emy[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]

[name_f]Fairy[/name_f] 2 – Azula, Azulon, [name_f]Azure[/name_f]/[name_f]Azura[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u], [name_u]Cyan[/name_u], [name_f]Lapis[/name_f], Lazuli, Lan or LanLan (blue in Chinese), [name_u]Teal[/name_u], [name_f]Turquoise[/name_f], [name_m]Viridian[/name_m], [name_f]Saphira[/name_f], [name_f]Aqua[/name_f], Aquata, [name_f]Mazarine[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], Kaito, [name_f]Kailani[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f]/[name_u]Kora[/name_u]/Korra, [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Delphi[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_u]Raven[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], Bluejay, [name_f]Misty[/name_f], Mysterion, [name_u]Sky[/name_u]/[name_u]Skye[/name_u]/[name_u]Skylar[/name_u], Tian (sky in Chinese), [name_u]Storm[/name_u], Hai (Sea in Chinese), [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]/[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] Twilight, [name_m]Midnight[/name_m], Minx, Mink, [name_f]Galaxy[/name_f], Seaweed, [name_f]Adriane[/name_f]/[name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]/[name_f]Adriene[/name_f]/[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]/[name_f]Adreanna[/name_f] (Latin, [name_m]French[/name_m], and [name_m]German[/name_m] for dark and Adriatic sea region), [name_f]Keira[/name_f]/[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]/[name_f]Ciara[/name_f]/[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] (little dark haired one in Irish), [name_m]Orin[/name_m]/[name_m]Orrin[/name_m]/[name_m]Odran[/name_m] (dark-haired, pale, little pale green one in Irish, or white in Scottish), [name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Colton[/name_m], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], [name_f]Charna[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Shadow[/name_f], [name_m]Forest[/name_m]

Other ideas: [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Diane[/name_f]/[name_f]Diana[/name_f]/[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] ([name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of wilderness), [name_u]Misha[/name_u] (kinda sounds like mischief), [name_m]Maverick[/name_m], [name_m]Rogue[/name_m], sparrow, [name_u]Rebel[/name_u], Wilde/[name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_m]Raiden[/name_m], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_u]Jet[/name_u], [name_m]Skip[/name_m], [name_f]Jinx[/name_f], [name_m]Fin[/name_m]/[name_m]Fynn[/name_m]/[name_u]Finn[/name_u], Weasel, Scooter, [name_f]Aquila[/name_f], Austra, [name_m]Auster[/name_m], Notos, Eurus, [name_u]Windsor[/name_u], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_f]Merida[/name_f], Jyn, [name_m]Wiley[/name_m], [name_u]Nick[/name_u], Perma, [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], Traviesa, [name_f]Nyx[/name_f]/[name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_f]Malory[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], Ate (Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of Mischief), Anansi ([name_u]West[/name_u] African God of Mischief), [name_f]Eris[/name_f] (Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of Chaos), [name_f]Laverna[/name_f] ([name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of deception, thieves, cheats, liars), [name_m]Morpheus[/name_m], Lugh (Irish trickster), [name_m]Hermes[/name_m]/[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] (God of travel, thievery, and other stuff), Wisakedjak (trickster God to benefit mankind in Cree and Algonquin folklore), [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], Faerydae, [name_f]Fay[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_u]Fayette[/name_u], sprite, pixie, [name_f]Titiana[/name_f], [name_f]Tanya[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f] (Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]/nymph/enchantress of illusion, magic, and sorcery), [name_m]Scipio[/name_m], genie, [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] (for mimicry), [name_f]Eris[/name_f] ([name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of trouble making and disharmony), [name_f]Isis[/name_f] (Egyptian [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] – there’s one story where she tricked [name_m]Set[/name_m] and a ferryman but not actually a goddess of mischief), Kite, Prometheus, [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f], Procyon/lotor/Coon (raccoon), carcoon/corcona (anagram of raccoon) Nagaina (a species of spider), Nagini/Naga/Nagi/[name_f]Naja[/name_f] (cobra in Sanskrit), [name_m]Lago[/name_m]/Lepori (variation of scientific name for rabbit), [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_u]Dash[/name_u], [name_m]Ike[/name_m], Stryker, Raph, [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Huck[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Sully[/name_u], [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

Trickster animals: coyote, raven, crow, bluejay, rabbit, spider, raccoon, bear, scorpion etc – you could try looking up their scientific names (ie Vulpes is species name for fox), see what these animal names translate to in other languages (ie Huli means fox in Chinese), or look for names that means one of these certain animals (ie [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]/[name_f]Ursa[/name_f]/[name_f]Orsa[/name_f]/[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] means bear) and see if you like any of them

I also found these links. Check out these list of color and fairy names and see if you like any of these.

http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/index.asp?nm=adventurous&stype=1&gndr=2