Naming Modern British Teenage Girls

There are six girls for my main character, all of whom are best friends and attend an all-girls school in [name_u]London[/name_u], [name_f]England[/name_f]. They also happen to be Wiccan/[name_m]Pagan[/name_m] and practice (good) magic. I’m having trouble coming up with names for them that sound modern and fit their personalities but aren’t too popular or don’t fit together. Here are brief descriptions of them:

Character #1: A fearless, outgoing, and cheerful girl that loves to party and make people laugh. She is very carefree but the opposite of stupid and vapid, even if she might look or occasionally act that way. She loves gossip and good romance story, but she is also very kind and protective of her friends, and is one of the best warriors in the coven. Her skill is casting curses, and she fights primarily with a set of throwing knives. She has dark brown hair and is often described as very pretty.

Character #2: The brainy, shy girl that wears glasses and hides behind her mane of long hair. She has wide eyes, skin like porcelain, and appears very frail and graceful, like a dancer. Only when her friends are in the danger will she brush her hair out of her eyes and rush in to save the day. She loves to read and just lounging around, and likes sleeping in. However, her skill with plants and general herbology is unmatched.

Character #3 (Who I think I’m going to name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]): With her vibrant red hair, freckles, toned muscles, and square jaw, one would expect her to be sass and temper incarnate. However, one couldn’t be more wrong. [name_m]Innocent[/name_m], bright, and excitable, she doesn’t have a temperamental bone in her body. She loves learning new things, is always seen around food, and absolutely adores dogs of all kinds—wolves included. She always wears oversized clothes and listens to punk rock music, and Fall Out Boy and Paramore are two of her favorite bands. She is also very gentle and loving to just about everyone, and doesn’t mind just hanging around watching instead of joining in.

Character #4: The cocky and sarcastic jock of the group, she often appears unapproachable due to her self-confidence and athletic prowess. She doesn’t mind getting up at the crack of dawn (or even before) to go for a five-mile run or swim across a freezing lake. She is near-impossible to beat in battle or even a practice spar, and knows how to strike as fast and swiftly as a snake. But her arrogance and attitude are off-set by a fiercely protective side that she only reveals around her friends, showing that she is often more deeply hurt by words than she implies.

Character #5: Sensitive, intelligent, and fiercely concerned with justice, she is the conscience of the group. She feels very deeply about everything and dislikes ‘shallow’ things such as gossip or pointless drama. Despite often looking innocent and shy, she is actually quite daring and outgoing once people get to know her, and does have a ‘dark’ side. She often stays up late and night and prefers to sleep during the day (which gets her in trouble in class) and dresses in black.

Character #6: The newest member of the group, not much is known about 6 except for the strange scars she has on her body and her pale blonde hair. She is extremely closed off and seems very snobbish, but has been hurt a lot in life and doesn’t know how to deal with the pain or how to trust people. Other students call her a ‘teacher’s pet’ and she is not very athletic, built with a statuesque and slender build. She is NOT shy despite being quiet and can be very social and charming once she ‘thaws’ a bit. Her nickname is ‘The [name_f]Snow[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f]’ (like the titular character from [name_m]Hans[/name_m] [name_m]Christian[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]'s fairy tale).

I would like any names you come up with to ‘fit’ well together and not be too popular, but still sound modern. Thank you so much!

1 - [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]* [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_f]Kimber[/name_f] [name_u]Satchel[/name_u]* [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_f]Kinsey[/name_f] [name_u]Langley[/name_u]* [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
2 - [name_f]Marnie[/name_f]* [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_f]Coral[/name_f]* [name_u]Kacey[/name_u] [name_f]Celine[/name_f] [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Carly[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]*
3 - [name_f]Rose[/name_f]* is a great name! More ideas: [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]* [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] [name_u]Shay[/name_u] [name_f]Destiny[/name_f] [name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_m]Pheonix[/name_m] [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]*
4 - [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]* [name_f]Cierra[/name_f] [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]* [name_u]Carter[/name_u]* [name_f]Avis[/name_f] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Keely[/name_u] [name_u]Ripley[/name_u]
5 - [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]* [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]* [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]* [name_f]McKenna[/name_f] [name_u]Collins[/name_u]
6 - [name_f]India[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]* [name_f]Henna[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]* [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]* [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]

*My top 3 favorites for the girls.

I hope this helped or inspired. Good luck and happy writing!

Character 1: I agree with the previous poster that [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] would suit her. Otherwise, perhaps [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - or for something more unusual, [name_f]Carola[/name_f] or [name_f]Topaz[/name_f].

Character 2: I am mainly feeling more unusual names for her, such as [name_f]Eleri[/name_f], [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f]…or perhaps [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]?

Character 3: I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would suit her, but if you’d still like suggestions, how about [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]?

Character 4: Perhaps [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f] or [name_f]Estrella[/name_f].

Character 5: I think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or Freyja would suit her, or possibly [name_f]Gweniver[/name_f].

Character 6: [name_f]Verity[/name_f] was my first thought, but [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], [name_f]Una[/name_f] or [name_f]Ida[/name_f] would be other options.

CHARACTER 1: [name_f]Kyla[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Alessa[/name_f], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_f]Robyn[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f]
CHARACTER 2: [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Ashlin[/name_f]
CHARACTER 3: [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
CHARACTER 4: [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], Candence, [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Sanna[/name_f]
CHARACTER 5: Solataire, [name_u]Raven[/name_u], [name_f]Reva[/name_f], [name_f]Mallory[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], Severn, [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Kiera[/name_f], [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
CHARACTER 6: [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Freesia[/name_f], [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Sheena[/name_f], [name_f]Steena[/name_f], [name_f]Britta[/name_f], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]

I only have one or two names per character
1: [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
2:[name_f]Lila[/name_f] or [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
3: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is great!
4: [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] nn “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]”
5: [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] or [name_f]Maia[/name_f]
6: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] or [name_f]Erica[/name_f]

1. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] or [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] or [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]

#1: [name_f]Julia[/name_f] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”
#2: [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
#3: I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I think it suits the character but I’m still gonna propose a different name. [name_m]How[/name_m] about…[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]?
#4: [name_f]Samara[/name_f] “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]”
#5: [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
#6: As I was reading your description of this character the name [name_u]Bo[/name_u] came instintely to mind. I think it suits her quite well! It has this mysterious feel to it, it’s not too common and it’s beautiful! I really love the name [name_u]Bo[/name_u] for #6!