Naming our daughter after paternal grandmothers

We are thinking of naming our baby girl after both of our grandmothers. Mine ([name_f]Anna[/name_f]) just turned 99 this month and his ([name_f]Josephine[/name_f]) just turned 88. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful and classic, but I’m worried it might be too outdated. Opinions would be lovely!

6 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is most certainly not outdated at all. Absolutely beautiful and classic name!

4 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful. I don’t find it outdated.

I don’t think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is too outdated. Both names sound really beautiful together. I also really like that you could give her the nickname AJ but if you don’t like that you don’t have to use it as a nickname.

3 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds classic and perfectly in place for any time.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], so classic and elegant doesn’t sound dated to me at all!! Lots of sweet nickname options too :))

Not at all its lovely!
[name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is also lovely! Very different vibe

1 Like

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful, elegant yet approachable, and timeless. A lovely choice, and a very meaningful one too in your case!

1 Like

It’s lovely :heart:

I think it’s classic, don’t think it could possibly be outdated!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is timeless, classic, sweet, elegant, regal, meaningful and stunning! :sparkling_heart: I believe the name is perfect for your beautiful baby girl and your family.

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is very lovely. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is super cute as well. I find it so sweet to name her after your grandmothers! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] birthday to them, also! :blush:

3 Likes

Beautiful name but I would flip them. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] would be my choice.

Not outdated at all! [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is classic and perfectly evergreen. :slight_smile:

You landed a jackpot! I wouldn’t change the names at all. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds timeless and beautiful, and you can do a lot with it.

Oh I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is absolutely adorable and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] goes so well with [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

I think together, either way, they are beautiful names. It’s a nice tribute too.

It’s beautiful!

Beautiful and Classic. I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

I agree with previous posters! [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is the sort of lovely timeless name that could work just as well twenty years ago as it would twenty years from now, but it’s also perfectly in style at the moment!