Naming our daughter after paternal grandmothers

We are thinking of naming our baby girl after both of our grandmothers. Mine ([name_f]Anna[/name_f]) just turned 99 this month and his ([name_f]Josephine[/name_f]) just turned 88. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful and classic, but I’m worried it might be too outdated. Opinions would be lovely!

6 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is most certainly not outdated at all. Absolutely beautiful and classic name!

4 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful. I don’t find it outdated.

I don’t think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is too outdated. Both names sound really beautiful together. I also really like that you could give her the nickname AJ but if you don’t like that you don’t have to use it as a nickname.

3 Likes

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds classic and perfectly in place for any time.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], so classic and elegant doesn’t sound dated to me at all!! Lots of sweet nickname options too :))

Not at all its lovely!
[name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is also lovely! Very different vibe

1 Like

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful, elegant yet approachable, and timeless. A lovely choice, and a very meaningful one too in your case!

1 Like

It’s lovely :heart:

I think it’s classic, don’t think it could possibly be outdated!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is timeless, classic, sweet, elegant, regal, meaningful and stunning! :sparkling_heart: I believe the name is perfect for your beautiful baby girl and your family.

1 Like

Anna [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a beautiful classic and definitely not outdated name.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is very lovely. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is super cute as well. I find it so sweet to name her after your grandmothers! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] birthday to them, also! :blush:

3 Likes

Beautiful name but I would flip them. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] would be my choice.

Not outdated at all! [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is classic and perfectly evergreen. :slight_smile:

You landed a jackpot! I wouldn’t change the names at all. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds timeless and beautiful, and you can do a lot with it.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is sooo cute :heart_eyes:

Oh I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is absolutely adorable and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] goes so well with [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

I think together, either way, they are beautiful names. It’s a nice tribute too.

It is so nice and not outdated at all!

Others in case:
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]