Naming our sweet boy

I was so sure during my pregnancy that I was having a girl. I walked into the ultrasound room knowing I was right. I already started buying clothes for her. When the technician said “congratulations, you are having a boy”. I looked at my husband with an open mouth and said “really?!” My husband said he knew all along that it was a boy. We are SO excited and cant wait for his arrival. I get giddy thinking about having a mini version of my husband. We are struggling with names though.

I had so many girl names chosen that I just couldn’t wait to use:

[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Birdie[/name]
[name]June[/name]
ect…

All of the above names grab my heart and I love each one. My husband is a musician, and I am an artist. We really want a bold and different name, yet sweet.

With a boy coming along, I dont have any names that tug my heart strings. I have poured through books, websites, and even Nameberry.

I absolutely adore Nameberry, and would love some witty, yet very unique name advise for this little fella.

He is coming any day now and I hope to have a few gems to choose from before his arrival.

You haven’t found one boy’s name that tugs at your heart??!! Oh dear. Well, I’ll throw a few out here:

[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Cecil[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Ambrosius[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Jacque[/name]
Larken
[name]Jagger[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] Mischa1, here are some suggestions for your baby boy. Of course it depends how they flow with your surname. Best wishes.
Any name that ends in “O” like be [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Horatio[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Cato[/name], [name]Philo[/name], [name]Orlando[/name] etc…
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Maxim[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Godfrey[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name] / [name]Julian[/name] / [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Guthrie[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
Miro
[name]Tarquin[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Darius[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Enoch[/name]
[name]Salvador[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Merlin[/name]
[name]Odin[/name]
[name]Urban[/name]
[name]Elgin[/name]
[name]Lowell[/name]
[name]Luther[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Theron[/name]
[name]Shem[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]

[name]Indio[/name] or [name]Indigo[/name] (nickname [name]Indy[/name])

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! I think they are all wonderful. I live in a neighborhood that is a creative community. There are so many little boys with GREAT names. I feel like every good boy name is taken! I don’t want to use any else’s name, so I am stuck! My husband loves names like:

[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Diesel[/name]
[name]Jet[/name]

I think that they are strong boy names, yet very trendy right now. Here are some names that I like:

[name]Laszlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]: though I feel like it is super trendy right now. It is so sweet.opinions?
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]: too close to [name]Jude[/name]? I love love love [name]Jude[/name], but know way too many.

@calypso

I like a lot of names, but nothing that truly grabs me. Uggg, I have been such a name weirdo and now that I finally have the chance to name a baby…I can’t do it!

I love all of your suggestions.They are lovely and timeless. My top favs are [name]Cecil[/name] and [name]Jacque[/name]. My husband likes them too!

@[name]Mischa[/name]

Loving the “o” names! [name]Theo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] are my favs. I think [name]Otto[/name] is really sweet too, but I am no too sold on it.

From your list, my favs are

[name]Tobias[/name]
Miro: genius!
[name]Raphael[/name]: call him “[name]Ralphie[/name]”
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Enoch[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]: love
[name]Ivor[/name]

@gigi22

I’ve never thought of [name]Indigo[/name], and [name]Indy[/name] as a nick name is super cute.

Mischa1, I really love [name]Ezra[/name]. I think it’d be a great choice, here are some more name to think about anyways.

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]

[name]How[/name] about: (Sorry for any repeats!)

[name]Eli[/name] or [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Leonardo[/name] or [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
(I love [name]Ezra[/name], by the way!) :slight_smile:

Slightly off topic but I find it fascinating that you know many Judes. [name]Jude[/name] is on my very short list and would have been my daughter’s name. I know it is skyrocketing up the charts but I have never met one! It really makes me wish the SSA would give out state data beyond the top 100.

My son is named [name]Miles[/name] and I have to say that it a brilliant name. My [name]Miles[/name] is a Dad now and no matter what age he has been he has stood out in the crowd from all the popular names of the day, and it has suited him every step of the way.

I like [name]Jasper[/name] and if you like a ton of flamboyance [name]Dashiell[/name].

Hoping to hear about your little man soon.

best wishes,

rollo (not a bad name either)

[name]Hi[/name] there, It is funny how boy names take longer to figure out. Since you have few fav girl names maybe consider a name that will match that style. :slight_smile: Best to make sure your boy name will match your possible future girl’s name.

I like [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Judah[/name] a lot from your list.

Here are my suggestions: *Hendricks, [name]Miles[/name], *[name]Silas[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Abel[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name], *[name]Monty[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Hudson[/name], *[name]Holden[/name], [name]Lennon[/name], [name]Ansel[/name], [name]Kai[/name], [name]Leo[/name], *[name]Felix[/name], [name]Dean[/name] and *[name]Charlie[/name]. The * ae my personal favs.
Best of luck to you!

My favorite on your list is [name]Ivan[/name]. For the first time, I have a student named [name]Ivan[/name]. Handsome, strong, unique name.

[name]Ivan[/name] is my favorite from your list! It is very solid and nothing too trendy or crazy but [name]Ivan[/name] definitely stands out in a crowd. (at least in the USA! haha)

I also like [name]Winston[/name] but only because I like the nickname [name]Win[/name]. I knew two brothers in elementary school with the names [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Winn[/name]. I still love their names to this day… I would probably copy them if I didn’t see their faces every time I said the names. Darn them! You could always go with [name]Winn[/name] instead of [name]Winston[/name] and you would definitely have my vote!! =)

My third favorite would be [name]Theodore[/name]. Simply love it.

Good luck to you!! Your list looks great and I know you are going to find the perfect name.

My Favourite from your list is [name]Lucian[/name] I love it :slight_smile:

http://cherrys.co.nz/maryhill.html

@ bedhead
I just heard of the name [name]Callum[/name] from a friend in [name]Ireland[/name]. She said it is popular there. I really love it.

@kyemsma [name]Enzo[/name] is really great. I will look that one up!

@ lo

I agree! the name list is great on ssa, but it would be better to have one concentrated in your area.

@rollo

[name]Rollo[/name] is a great name! [name]Miles[/name] is super sweet and strong. [name]Do[/name] you call him any nicknames? like [name]Milo[/name] ect?

@mcleod01

That is such a great point. I didn’t even think about matching names of a future baby. My husband loves [name]Abel[/name] & [name]Ansel[/name]! Thank you for your suggestions, I loved them all.

@tab
I love it too! [name]Glad[/name] to know someone else does!

@leysin

[name]Winston[/name] is so classy! Too bad you know one! Thanks for your advice!

@butterfly

I get very mixed reactions from people when I mention this name. I have loved it for years. There is a painter with the first name [name]Lucien[/name], and that is how I heard of it. Which spelling is better: [name]Lucian[/name] or [name]Lucien[/name]?

I would prn [name]Lucian[/name] and [name]Lucien[/name] differently. [name]Lucian[/name]= lou-shen and [name]Lucien[/name]= [name]Lou[/name]-see-en or at least they do to me. I love [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are strong and handsome, but with a touch of whimsy. I met a baby named [name]Callum[/name] a while back, he is the first [name]Ive[/name] ever known. It is a very handsome name though.
Others you might like:
[name]Callahan[/name]- There is something about a little boy called [name]Cal[/name] that warms my heart
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Anton[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Sander[/name]
[name]Mathis[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]

A few of my off-beat favorites at the moment are [name]Archer[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Baron[/name], [name]Elgin[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name]. [name]Baron[/name] and [name]Elgin[/name] both mean noble and I am in [name]LOVE[/name] with that for some reason. Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Mischa[/name] thanks for the compliment on my name! My dh and I aren’t keen on nn’s so we haven’t had one for [name]Miles[/name] and I have seldom heard him called anything but [name]Miles[/name] by his peers or anyone else for that matter.

I second everything said here. I never thought of [name]Ivan[/name]! it’s great! It’s one of those gems that, though it has so much potential, will probably never get too popular for some reason. I can’t exactly say why but I don’t think many people would use it. (that’s a good thing though!)

Another favorite of mine that I know is kind of crazy is [name]Grover[/name]. I know it’s a muppet. But it’s also an american president. That’s a name with alot of range! It has a sound similar to [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Gulliver[/name],which are kinda popular right now. I love the nn [name]Grove[/name]. I just really want this name to make a comeback!