Naming our Sweet, girly "Little Lady" baby

I am loving [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for you! I think it fits the description of your girl to a T.

Congrats! I absolutely adore [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]/[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Gorgeous.

Suggestions (there will almost certainly be repeats) :

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

Warmest congratulations on the news that you will have a precious daughter. I love the idea of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I really love the flow of [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] are also very pretty names eg [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f].

rollo xx

I have been thinking thinking thinking about all of these great name suggestions and made a MASSIVE new list to look at and ponder on. Some were old loves renewed, others completely new ideas. Thanks ladies!

I have been looking at the names one by one and looking at her scan photo and seeing which jump out as fitting her. Weird thing is some names I really like don’t seem to fit her. But luckily there are lots of wonderful options out there.

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
xoxox

Im sorry for any repeats but my first thought was mia or anna.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Tahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Tiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]

Good luck

Thanks everyone.
Well I think thanks… my list has EXPANDED to 50 names!!! LOL
At least there’s no hurry to cull it.

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

Congratulations, @emiliaj; you must be over the moon! I love the pp’s suggestions of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or a variant of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]) for your little one, especially with her rosebud lips!

Oh yes- rosebud lips would match the name! Hadn’t twigged to that thought.

We have narrowed the ‘new’ list down from 50 to 32

1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (probably more as a MN)
  3. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
  11. [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
  12. [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
  13. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Back on the list with the NN [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
  14. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
  15. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
  16. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
  17. [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
  18. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] considering as a FN maybe MN
  19. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
  20. [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] So spunky… reconsidering again, like it previously and now rethinking
  21. [name_f]Kiara[/name_f]
  22. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
  23. [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
  24. [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f]
  25. [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
  26. [name_f]Mia[/name_f]
  27. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
  28. [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
  29. [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
  30. [name_f]Erin[/name_f]
  31. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
  32. [name_f]Mollie[/name_f] suggested by DD

Of the ones in bold my fave is [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. But I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. I think it is charming and highly underused, with cute nn potential.

My favorites:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Rose Matilda[/name_f] would be beautiful!)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (how about [name_f]Phoebe Iris[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]

Congratulations! You have a beautiful set of names. I’m quite fond of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names myself, I almost used [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for my daughter but most of the way through I realized my long elegant and feminine names just weren’t the right ones for my constantly active little head butt-er! (ooooh my ribs). I had a bunch of names on my list like [name_f]Juliana[/name_f], [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. But I realized they were just too lacy, feminine for my spunky little girl. It’s kind of funny how my names tastes have changed. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my more gentle and sweet names are shorter, like [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a great name because while it suits a sweet little lady very well, I think it also suits a spunkier more adventurous girl. It’s a truly timeless classic I think.

You have very, very pretty names on your list. I especially like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], as I have a friend/mentor with this name, and she is just divine… sweet and chic and poised. I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as nicknames for [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:
Have you considered [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]? It’s a very historic and charming name, and it carries on that “[name_f]Ro[/name_f]” sound, like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].
Another wildcard: my dear relative by marriage is named Rosangela. She’s from South [name_u]America[/name_u], and it is a legitimate and moderately common name there. People here in the USA generally need to hear it more than once upon meeting her, but all seem to agree: it is a lush and lovely name for a “girly girl.” It is pronounced just as it seems: [name_f]Rose[/name_f]+[name_f]Angela[/name_f], said together as sort of a smoosh. :slight_smile:
I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, delivery, and life with your little lady!

I think that the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be nice. Some others that I think that would be nice is [name_f]Sherrie[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]