Naming our twins- we're almost there!

Hello everyone,
I posted a few weeks ago in search of the perfect names for our twins due relatively soon. We’ve picked out 3 names, but are having trouble with the middle for a second girl. Her name will be [name]Caroline[/name], buy we have a few options for the middle name
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grey[/name]

[name]Grey[/name] is a family name. We think we’d use the spelling [name]Elinor[/name], but are concerned that it looks strange because it shares so many letters with [name]Caroline[/name]. I really don’t care for the [name]Eleanor[/name] spelling, but my husband likes it.

We have a daughter named [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Lane[/name], who goes by [name]Lizzie[/name].

If we have two boys they will be:
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Grey[/name]

Two girls:
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]March[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] _____ [name]Grey[/name]

A boy and a girl:
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] _____ [name]Grey[/name]

We really need your help!
Thanks,
[name]Emily[/name]

Although I like [name]Eleanor[/name] better than [name]Lydia[/name], I do think that [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is the best pairing for [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]March[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]. Great choices! Good luck with the twins.

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], and [name]William[/name] are all gorgeous names, first of all!

I love [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grey[/name] the best. I think you’re right that [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Elinor[/name] look strange together because of the sharing of letters. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is lovely too, but I like [name]Lydia[/name] better and if you aren’t sure about that spelling, don’t use it.

You can’t really go wrong either way, though! :slight_smile:

I agree with mischa completely. For some intangible reason, [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] seems to fit the best!

All your options are lovely, and you won’t be making a mistake with any of them. [name]Just[/name] go with what you feel.

I prefer [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Grey[/name] with [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]March[/name].

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Emily[/name]!

I think I disagree with the majority - I prefer [name]Lydia[/name] as a name, but I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is a better fit with [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]March[/name], which I love, by the way! I don’t at all care for [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Elinor[/name], simply because of the shared letters, but [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grey[/name] has such a beautiful sound to it! [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] is nice, but [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is better - [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] has a lot of L in it, I think. Not terrible, but I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] is preferable.

Would you consider using your name? [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is simply adorable, and I think it’s a nice match to [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]March[/name]! I actually think that has the best flow of anything, and it’s nice to honor you. [name]Just[/name] a thought…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: