Naming strangers

Hi Berries.

Do you guys ever hear a parent say their kid’s name in public, & you are dying to find out their siblings’ names? I do! And if I don’t hear what their siblings are called, I like to pick what I think their names are or what I’d choose for their siblings. And it’s even more challenging when I don’t like the name that much.

For example, I saw a family w/five boys the other day. I heard the mom call on [name_m]Gage[/name_m]. A name that I’m not super into (it’s not awful), but I was really wondering what the rest of the crew was named. So, I named them:

Gage

Rider

Wyatt

Cash

Jesse

I was really proud of myself! I’d bet money that one of them was actually named [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]. The rest probably aren’t right.

Then another time I saw a family w/two little girls & a little boy. One of the girls was called [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. A name that’s totally not my style, but she was cute & wore it well. I decided it was a nn for [name_f]Rayna[/name_f]. So, I named her siblings:

Rayna nn [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

Louise nn [name_u]Lou[/name_u]

Emmett

Am I the only weirdo who does this? What do you guys think of my created sib sets that probably aren’t their real names? :joy:

1 Like

I literally did this 2 days ago haha! I was with my family and I head a mom call her daughter [name_f]Emma[/name_f], she looked to be about 6 and she had an older brother who was probably 8-9! I was dying to learn his name!!! If I had to guess I would say he was either a [name_m]Jr[/name_m]. (they were hispanic and it’s super common for boys to be a [name_m]Jr[/name_m]. here) or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]/Ethan!

I don’t really do this, but if a family we know has a baby, and they chose a name I don’t care for, I’ll look at the baby until I find a name that suits them better! :joy:

3 Likes

Not quite the same, but I do name adults I see sometimes. Also, like @may.rose I’ll name people I know’s babies, especially if they chose a name that I don’t feel suits their family/doesn’t go lol

1 Like

I thought I was the only one who did this!

Heard a lady call out for her little girl called [name_f]Atlanta[/name_f]. She had 2 brothers which I named [name_f]Vegas[/name_f] and [name_u]Dallas[/name_u]! :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t do this, but I probably will now. I totally love your sibsets!

@sophia_elena-[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear that I’m not alone! I bet you’re right about [name_f]Emma[/name_f]’s brother. I’d name him if it were up to me something a little more [name_f]English[/name_f] & classy. Like maybe [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]?

@may.rose- :joy:

@futuremama-If a family already has kids, & they name their baby something that doesn’t fit I rename them too. :grin:

@penelope_lynson-I bet her name isn’t actually [name_f]Summer[/name_f], but that’s beautiful! [name_m]John[/name_m] you may be right about.

@jonquils-Haha, me too. I feel torn, but I’m usually wrong.

@trixiehobbit-Good to know that you’re not crazy all alone, isn’t it? :joy:

@theycallmemommy-[name_f]Glad[/name_f] that I could help you find a crazy name nerd hobby to enjoy. :grin:

3 Likes

I actually know several guys named [name_m]Gage[/name_m].

One I went to school with had two brothers, [name_u]Reid[/name_u] and [name_m]Heath[/name_m].
One had a sister named [name_f]Anna[/name_f].
Another had a sister named [name_u]Sidney[/name_u].
Another had a sister named Gentri.

I didn’t realize how many guys I knew with this name until I started typing this. Lol

I do this all the time.

I heard a lady calling for her little boy he was called [name_u]Levi[/name_u]. He had a older sister and younger brother. I named his sister [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and his brother [name_u]Logan[/name_u].