Naming twins

This came as a bit of a shock to my family since my husband and I are expecting twins, but my sister in law is too!

She will be 19 weeks tomorrow, and she is due on about [name_f]April[/name_f] 20th of next year. She found out a few weeks ago that unlike my twins, hers have separate sacs and placentas, suggesting that they are fraternal (although not necessarily). She may be able to find out at her next 20 week scan ([name_u]December[/name_u] 15th) where she is going to find out the genders.

She has asked me for some naming advice, since I have just named twins, and she is a bit stuck for new ideas. She already has a young son named [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] [name_m]Conor[/name_m], and doesn’t mind me saying that her and the babies surname is/will be [name_u]Murray[/name_u].

So, I need some suggestions. I have included a small list of the kinds of names she and her partner like, for both boys and girls. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name_m]Austin[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_m]Phelan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] (pronounced “Row-an”)
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Kurt[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]

[name_m]Lowell[/name_m] and…

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] [name_m]Theron[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) and [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u]

Best wishes!

WOWEE :slight_smile: !!! [name_f]Remarkable[/name_f] that you and your sister-in-law are having twins!! CONGRATULATIONS :slight_smile: What a wonderful blessing…

Have always wanted twins myself…my Aunts are twins…but so far, nobody in our family have had multiple births yet…here’s hoping!

As for naming your babes, from your list I love: [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] & [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Some name suggestions inspired from your list include:

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Luc[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_u]Haydn[/name_u]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
Beaumont
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]York[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_m]Canute[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_u]Skylar[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Sinclair[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
Ferelith
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cicely[/name_f]
[name_f]Raine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Elysa[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Gardenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudine[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eponine[/name_f]
[name_f]Epiphany[/name_f]
[name_f]Symphony[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Edwina[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] Motherhood !!

@jadealexandra - I spoke to her on the phone yesterday evening and suggested some of the combinations you have given. She really liked [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] for boys, and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] for girls, so thank-you very much! She also liked: [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!

@oceansunrise - I know! I don’t know what the odds are, but they must be high - there’s no previous history of twins in our families. As for these twins, I did the same and suggested most of the names on your suggestions list to her last night. Let’s just say that her list has now grown quite a bit! So, thanks! Some of her favourites were: [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] and [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] for boys, and [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], [name_f]Keira[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for girls. Sounds liek you have a decent chance of twins, good luck xx

My mother had two sets of twins (one fraternal set, one identical set). I’m one of the identicals. My mother did a poor job at naming us! The fraternal twins have rhyming first and rhyming middle names, [name_f]Sonya[/name_f] S. And [name_f]Tonya[/name_f] T. My twin is [name_f]Gina[/name_f], I am [name_f]Ginger[/name_f]. We both have two-syllable middles that also start with G’s. [name_m]Way[/name_m] too much alliteration, and it just seems like she passed on the most perfect naming opportunity TWICE!

Enjoy all those babe! :wink:

I sit for a family that has b/g twins (and an older brother). Their mom’s sister has fraternal g/g twins born in the same month and same year. The twins I watch were born 6 weeks early, though, so they weren’t intended to be born in the same month.

Of the names you have that she likes I like the following with [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] [name_m]Conor[/name_m]:
b/b - [name_u]Porter[/name_u] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
b/g - [name_u]Porter[/name_u] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
g/g - [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f]

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

Congrats to you and your family! That’s so exciting!

Of the names you have listed I really like the combos [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] with [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] [name_m]Conor[/name_m]. I also like a lot of the combos that jadealexandra listed.

Can’t wait to see what names are chosen!

That’s crazy! I have identical twin brothers and identical twin first cousins, so it can happen.

With [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] [name_m]Connor[/name_m], I’d choose:
[name_u]Niall[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

First, I would like to congratulate the happy families! I am sure there is a load of excitement going around. From the names you listed, I think [name_u]Porter[/name_u] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] for a boy, and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] for a girl. They both sound fantastic with [name_m]Lowell[/name_m]. As for Boy/Boy twins, I really think [name_u]Niall[/name_u] is nice, but [name_u]Niall[/name_u] is really with One Direction right now… So, for b/b twins, I would say [name_u]Porter[/name_u] & [name_u]Rohan[/name_u]. For girl girl twins, I would say [name_f]Freya[/name_f] & [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] or [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Suggestions:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Demetria[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Lesley[/name_u]
[name_f]Annelise[/name_f]

[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Garett[/name_m]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u]