Nancy

A name that I’ve been liking lately is [name]Nancy[/name]. I know that a lot of people think that it’s dated, but for some reason I like it (meeting a younger woman with that name awhile back also helped me get past the middle-aged image).

What do you think of it?

Any combo ideas? Ones that I’ve been considering include [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (edited after the initial post to include the former after I thought about it).

P.S. Something else interesting about this name: Although [name]Nancy[/name] has yet to shake its datedness here (in the U.S.), I heard from someone that it’s actually on the upswing in the U.K.

[name]Read[/name] any of the [name]Fancy[/name] [name]Nancy[/name] books and you’ll be totally in love. :slight_smile: I think [name]Nancy[/name] is cute.

My cousin’s name is [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]. O_o She’s in high school. Good name!

[name]Nancy[/name] is a sweet, simple name. I grew up with a [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Jane[/name], one of the kindest girls I knew. I think [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is quite pretty (and a little more interesting than [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]). Personally I would probably opt for [name]Nanette[/name] and use [name]Nancy[/name] as a nickname (although I definitely think [name]Nancy[/name] can stand on her own!).

I think [name]Nancy[/name] is very cute! I think because it is two syllables it needs to go with something longer, like [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], or [name]Alexandra[/name].

I’ve been thinking about this recently too. I live in Germany and in some areas here it’s a semi-popular name for young women. [name]Even[/name] apart from that I think it’s pretty cute.

YAY! I’m not the only one who likes [name]Nancy[/name] (when it’s not followed by [name]Drew[/name]!)! I think it’s adorable, especially with the nickname [name]Nan[/name]. Some combos:
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] Perris (legitimate surname)
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Saoirse[/name] (I really like [name]Saoirse[/name])

To me, this has a lot of potential.

I like [name]Nancy[/name]. I prefer [name]Anne[/name] on the birth certificate and [name]Nancy[/name] for every day, but that’s me. I have an Aunt [name]Nancy[/name] (just turned 70) who has long lamented that [name]Nancy[/name]'s not very formal. So that’s rubbed off a bit.

I do like [name]Nancy[/name] though, sweet, simple & sprightly.

[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Annora[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Zara[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

Trying to give [name]Nancy[/name] something a touch more formal in the middle, to balance that casual feel I get from [name]Nancy[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] it helps!

I hate saying that a name is not my favorite b/c if you like a name enough to ask you are certainly hoping people will like it. But to be honest, before I read the body of your note, my first thought was that it seemed like a name for an older person. What matters is that you like it though. I will say that [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Grace[/name] was my favorite combo.

The only problem I have with [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is that it’s the name of a particularly obnoxious legal analyst who hosts her own show on CNN.

This is my first time posting, but I had to weigh in on [name]Nancy[/name]. [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] was my mothers name, she died when she was just 45. I would love to name a daughter [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] and call her [name]Nan[/name], Mom always went by [name]Nancy[/name] and her siblings called her [name]Nance[/name]. [name]Ruth[/name] is also a family name, my great-grandmother who also died at a very young age. My grandmother always says that [name]Nancy[/name] was her favorite girls name and [name]Ruth[/name] was to honor her mother. For me [name]Nancy[/name] is a warm, smart, compassionate women. Naming my daughter [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would honor 3 generations of women in my family!