NaNo Project

This year for NaNoWriMo I want to do a Modern Family fanfic. There’s one main character (a 16, almost 17 year old girl) and her own large, “modern” family. I’ve got most of the names locked down but need help on the MCs name. Initially I had chosen [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but I don’t think it fits. All suggestions welcome.

MC: ? ? [name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]
Looks: Large blue eyes, sort of pale, 5’5", a little on the skinny side, her hair is straight and chestnut brown and falls to her shoulders in layers, she has straight across bangs to hide her large forehead.
Personality: She’s pretty quiet and keeps to herself. She’s very musically and artistically inclined and values intelligence and ambition above all else. She’s free spirited and believes that people should do what makes them happy though she feels a great deal of pressure to do anything but what she wants to do by her mom and step dad. She is an over all good kid and makes good grades in the subjects she truly enjoys (art, music, foreign language, history, etc.) and makes Cs and Ds in those she doesn’t like as much.

Her mom’s naming style is pretty classic. The MCs half-sibs on the mother’s side are called [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] “[name_m]Mikey[/name_m]” and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Allison[/name_u] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]”. I’m thinking [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for the middle name but it’s not set in stone.

I’m also open to suggestions for boy names as her step-brother’s wife is expecting their first child.

Names That Can’t Be Used:

[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]

And, of course, any names from characters already on the show.

Could I tempt you with a name like:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Persis[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] could work…she’s named after 2 grandmothers. Might switch the order in that case. Thank you for replying! :slight_smile: