NaNoWriMo 2021 LFG!

@acajou @AerieEerie I’m sending buddy requests to both of you! [name_f]My[/name_f] username on Nano is also eagleeyes :blush:

2 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a few more hours!

I’m getting super nervous lately. Did I prepare enough? What if my story doesn’t work? How did I do this before??

2 Likes

If I keep telling myself I’m ready, maybe it’ll manifest …

2 Likes

I just signed up! I haven’t done NaNoWriMo in a couple years, so I’m excited to get back into it. [name_f]My[/name_f] goal is only 20,000 words since it’s a short story. I started writing it today and might post an excerpt later to get everyone’s thoughts on it, if that’s alright. Looking forward to working on it and hopefully hitting my goal! Best of luck to all of you!

3 Likes

I’m supposed to be doing a wordwar but also I’m in a room with five other people, four of them desperately trying to do math, and I’m not sure how they’d react to me hacking into my very loud keyboard like a madman for 5 minutes

3 Likes

How’s it going for everyone so far?

1 Like

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] good! I survived my trip and stayed on track, although I’m now realizing that my long work days (Tuesdays and Fridays) might pose a problem. Especially because the people I live with have been very chatty for the last couple days, and I would feel anti-social if I ducked out of the room to go write. But these first couple weeks are all about finding that rhythm, and I’m sure I’ll figure out something.

I hit 5200 today! I’m still behind by about 1000 words but progress is progress! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else’s projects are going well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I’ve hit the infamous week-two-slump. Thanks to the Reverse approach, I’m still well ahead of schedule, but with the initial excitement gone the procrastination is hitting hard. I don’t even have anything to do today. I know exactly I could hit the 1667 in an hour if I really tried. But nobody’s forcing me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Oh, good luck! :blush:

2 Likes

I have barely 900 words total and no motivation :woman_facepalming: I’ve only actually worked on my project on [name_u]November[/name_u] 1st and then today… I didn’t have a strong plot idea going into the month so I’ve been struggling with what to write. But I’m going to try to keep writing, even if I won’t get to 50,000 at this point.

3 Likes

I hit my halfway point today! :smiley: [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all are doing well too!

3 Likes

I won!! Fastest NaNo ever !
:star_struck:

only if you include two [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] shortstories and my thesis in the wordcount but I’m just going to be doing that, because I wrote it.

6 Likes

[name_f]Holy[/name_f] heck, that’s awesome! Congrats!

4 Likes

Wow! That’s so cool!

1 Like

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well! We’ve got this :smiley: and [name_u]Happy[/name_u] Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

3 Likes

I’ve finished!! Seventh straight NaNoWriMo win in the books :grin:

5 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

i just made it!! i’m so relieved!

6 Likes

Me too! [name_m]Just[/name_m] finished! I didn’t do 50,000 because I knew it would be impossible with my busy schedule, but I got reached my goal of 30,000 sooner than expected and I’m so excited! [name_f]My[/name_f] first Nano was so fun!

7 Likes