Naomi

WDYT? ^^ I heard it in school: I’m going to a public school – We’re in the south & therefore incredibly [name_u]Christian[/name_u]-biased, so school is teaching Hebrew history (no other cultures might I mention), & I therefore have to study the Old Testament. :confused: I really like the story & the name itself. :slight_smile:

There was a thread on this name recently:

Your school only teaches Biblical history? Not American history? I find that very strange.

1 Like

Well, like, the American revolution & stuff when I was younger, but not anymore now that I’m in middle school.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is really sweet, but also kind of spunky. Sounds like a creative, fun-loving little girl.

1 Like

My great-aunt was named [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]. She went by [name_f]Cookie[/name_f]. From all accounts, she was pretty spunky and very feisty. I’ve always pictured all [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]’s to be this way due to all the stories I’ve heard about her.

1 Like

Naomi is wonderful! [name_u]Strong[/name_u] but sweet

1 Like

I like [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], one of my closest friends is called [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and I love that it means delightful. Also a big fan of the french [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]/Noémie

1 Like

Naomi was at one point what I wanted to name my daughter, so I really do like the name [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]. I pronounce it “Nay-oh-mee”.

1 Like

Eh, they can get away with it by calling it history.

I like [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], but prefer [name_f]Noemi[/name_f].

I have a friend with this name who is always cheerful so I have positive associations. She pronounces it Nay-oh-mee. I have also heard Nah-oh-mee and Nay-oh-mye (mye rhyming with eye)

Naomi is awesome!

1 Like