Narelle

Allora – [name]Don[/name]'t you hate that when you can’t forget a negative association with a great name? I have personal issues myself with [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Willa[/name], so I understand.
Amarina – I’m in [name]LOVE[/name] with this name! It is like a twist on [name]Marina[/name], which I also like. And I like the meaning. [name]Rain[/name] is a good name itself. I think Amarina and [name]Elsa[/name] work together. The sounds seem related but not too similar.
[name]Coreen[/name] – Interesting. [name]Colline[/name] is French for “hill.” Yet sounds to me related to Irish [name]Colleen[/name], “a girl, young woman.”
[name]Willa[/name] – This would such a great choice!

Can you use more than one from your list?

Amarina [name]Coreen[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] Amarina
Amarina Tatya

They all got dumped by the husband except for Tarne. (pronounced Tarney) And then he agreed to [name]Beatrice[/name], which I threw in as well.

So the list is now LONGER! and i love each name!

[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Iola[/name]
[name]Maribelle[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
Tarne (y)

and we agreed to use the middle name [name]Heather[/name] because 1. 5 generations of my family have an ‘H’ name, and 2, [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Helen[/name] is named after two grandmothers, so maybe bub2 would feel left out if not given a family name!

From Aussie [name]Rollo[/name]

Its news to me that Narelle is just an Aussie name. It is seldom heard but the majority of those who own it would be in the +65 age group. I would not use it but I love the ‘elle’ part of it in particular and think it is a very feminine name. I do not think it is a bogan name at all, although you gave me a laugh with the smokes illustration.

I love the name [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name], it is so handsome! I love the name [name]Matilda[/name] and anyone would be very well named if this was their name. I love the favourite song for all Aussies of “Waltzing [name]Matilda[/name]” and if someone gave their daughter their name on account of this it would be not be about the sheep but just the essence of what it means to be an Aussie.

Generally I am opposed to kre8ive spelling, but I think in this case (and I am sure there are many other exceptions) Spelling the name Tarne ‘Tarney’ would be the easiest way to avoid pronounciation difficulties. So I put it on my list as Tarney. (and changed [name]Maribelle[/name] to [name]Mirabelle[/name] with permission)

[name]How[/name] about [name]Tahni[/name]? I believe it’s a legit alternative spelling. The winner of last year’s Australia’s Next Top Model spells it that way and I’ve seen a few other people with that spelling. Strangely, [name]Tahni[/name] is the first name I thought of when I read you were looking for an ‘Australian’ name. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you. I like that. :sunglasses:

I am an Aussie too and I just can’t get that long pronounced nasal sound out of my head when I hear the name Narelle. The hard “Na” and the long drawn out “rel”. Sorry, child of the 70s. I went to school with heaps of Narelles and I feel that it is really dated (over here).

What about [name]Adelaide[/name]? [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] sound really lovely together. [name]Rachel[/name] Griffiths called her daughter [name]Adelaide[/name] and I think it totally works. [name]Adelaide[/name] was once at a playground with my daughter and [name]Adelaide[/name] was a lovely kid, so I have nice connotations with the name too.

Ooohhhhh! I don’t know how it will strike christyheather, but I think [name]Adelaide[/name] is a great idea! It has everything – it goes with sis’s name, has cute nns, it’s fashionable not overly popular, it’s beautiful – and it’s Australian!

I do like [name]Adelaide[/name]. As long as we could avoid ‘[name]Addy[/name]’. I could go for ‘[name]Della[/name]’ as a nickname. good suggestion!

You have a few really good options here! See below in the order of my preference:

[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] (nn [name]Meridie[/name] is cute)
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Maribelle[/name] (would you consider [name]Maribel[/name]? The -elle ending is so popular righ now. [name]Maribel[/name] would move up to #1 spot.)
[name]Iola[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
– (everything above this line I would seriously consider; everything below I’m not a fan of)
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
Tarne (y)

we have decided to change [name]Maribelle[/name] to [name]Mirabelle[/name] which I personally like better because it sits easier in my head, [name]Mira[/name] is easier than [name]Mari[/name] to me, and it sounds like Mirrorball, which is something that I like.

I dont like the -abel ending because at school there was an [name]Anabel[/name] who was a complete twat and ruined forever that name for me. And that ending.

[name]Adelaide[/name] is on the list, thank you very much! and [name]Willa[/name] is off, because I like [name]Willow[/name] better.