Narrowed down but can't decide - Coralie or Cecily?

I just found some of my old name lists, and found some names on there that I had forgotten about. :wink: I would love to hear what you all think of these names! Your favorites, least favorites, sib-sets, etc. :wink:
Please correct me if I’m pronouncing any of them wrong. Last name is 2 syllables, starting with M.

[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Cerelia[/name] (sir-EE-lee-ah)
[name]Rohana[/name] (ro-awn-ah)
[name]Cecily[/name] (meaning: blind???)
[name]Laurel[/name] ([name]LORE[/name]-uhl)
[name]Elena[/name] (eh-[name]LAY[/name]-na)
[name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-na)
[name]Adriana[/name] (A-dree-awn-uh)
[name]Coralie[/name] ([name]CORA[/name]-lee or cora-[name]LEE[/name]?)
[name]Cassia[/name] ([name]CASS[/name]-ee-uh)
[name]Joelle[/name] (middle name only)

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on these names!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name]: I like it, but it’s too frilly for me. It sounds like a smush between [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]. I prefer [name]Eliora[/name] or just [name]Liana[/name].

[name]Cerelia[/name]: This is actually on my list of weird but interesting names; I don’t know where I came across it, but I like it. I think it has a really pretty sound (like [name]Aurelia[/name] with a C) but it looks and sounds too much like cereal.

[name]Rohana[/name]: According to Behind the Name, it’s a Sanskrit word and where the boy’s name [name]Rohan[/name] came from. I’ve never heard of it as a name before, and I much prefer just [name]Rohan[/name] (for a boy).

[name]Cecily[/name]: I love [name]Cecily[/name]! Yes, it does mean blind, along with [name]Cecilia[/name], but I still think it’s a lovely name.

[name]Laurel[/name]: It’s nice, but reminds me too much of [name]Lauren[/name], which I find dated and a little dull.

[name]Elena[/name]: It’s a pretty name, but there’ll be a ton of pronunciation problems. I think the most common one is the one you use, but I have a friend who pronounces it ellen-a, which I think is the Italian pronunciation.

[name]Alina[/name]: I think it’s really pretty, but it’s not my favorite on your list.

[name]Adriana[/name]: I know someone named [name]Adriana[/name] who pronounces it ah-dree-ah-na. I like it, but it has more of a modern feel than the others.

[name]Coralie[/name]: I love [name]Coralie[/name]!

[name]Cassia[/name]: I adore [name]Cassia[/name], too, but I’ve heard it pronounced cash-a, which don’t like nearly as much as cass-i-a.

[name]Joelle[/name]: It seems really dated and made up sounding… it’s my least favorite on your list.

I really love [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], and [name]Cassia[/name] in particular, but they’re all nice!

[name]Eliana[/name]- This is one of my boyfriends favorite names. I like it but I dont love it. It is a beautiful and elegant, but I think it might be a bit much.
[name]Cerelia[/name] (sir-EE-lee-ah)- hmmm, I dont like it.
[name]Rohana[/name] (ro-awn-ah)- This is nice, but I dont love it.
[name]Cecily[/name] (meaning: blind???)- This is our top pick for a girl. The meaning doesnt bother me one bit because I love the name so much.
[name]Laurel[/name] ([name]LORE[/name]-uhl)- I love [name]Laurel[/name] best out of all of the Laur- names. Very pretty and underused.
[name]Elena[/name] (eh-[name]LAY[/name]-na)- This was our top choice for years but its fallen down the list do to popularity and pronounciation issues. It is still very beautiful though.
[name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-na)- I love this name perhaps slights more than [name]Elena[/name]. I also like [name]Elina[/name].
[name]Adriana[/name] (A-dree-aw-n-uh)- Eh, I dont love this one. 4 syllable names just seem a little to long for my taste.
[name]Coralie[/name] ([name]CORA[/name]-lee or cora-[name]LEE[/name]?)- I love one, so feminine and dainty.
[name]Cassia[/name] ([name]CASS[/name]-ee-uh)- I dont care for this name at all. It just isnt that pretty imho.
[name]Joelle[/name] (middle name only)- Makes a nice mn.

[name]Eliana[/name]
Is ok. Much prefer [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name] etc. Personal thing, there’s nothing wrong with it as a name…

[name]Cerelia[/name] (sir-EE-lee-ah)
This just makes me think of Cerenia which is an anti sickness drug for dogs… I would have pronounced it seh-reel-ee-a.

[name]Rohana[/name] (ro-awn-ah)
too close to the male rohan for me.

[name]Cecily[/name] (meaning: blind???)
[name]Love[/name] the name, the meaning is the only negative! Very pretty, though.

[name]Laurel[/name] ([name]LORE[/name]-uhl)
I would have said loh-rell but then I’m british…! prefer [name]Laura[/name].

[name]Elena[/name] (eh-[name]LAY[/name]-na)
I love this.

[name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-na)
like it but don’t love it. I would have said a-lee-na but…

[name]Adriana[/name] (A-dree-awn-uh)
again is too close to the male [name]Adrian[/name] for me,

[name]Coralie[/name] ([name]CORA[/name]-lee or cora-[name]LEE[/name]?)
I say coh-ral-ee (like coral-ee) which i think is much prettier. I like just [name]Coral[/name] on it’s own too.

[name]Cassia[/name] ([name]CASS[/name]-ee-uh)
is ok

[name]Joelle[/name] (middle name only)
sorry don’t like this

I like [name]Elena[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] M…

Thanks so much to each of you who replied with your thoughts and comments on my list of names. I love hearing what the berries have to say about names that we are considering for a future daughter! :slight_smile:
Currently I THINK I’m liking [name]Coralie[/name] the best, but I’m having a REALLY hard time deciding between [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name]! Unfortunetly they are too close for sisters, so if I choose one I can’t use the other. :cry: Not sure what a future sister would be, but right now we’re thinking of using [name]Elena[/name] for a second daughter - if we have one. So which one goes better with possible siblings [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]? Anybody have thoughts on which one you like better [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name]? I think I’m liking the nn’s for [name]Coralie[/name] better, but I don’t know, I’m just soooo torn!!!
If you have any thoughts please share - I value the opinion of the berries! :slight_smile: