Narrowed Down to 7 Names - Sister to Griffin Turner

I think [name_f]Clover[/name_f] Or [name_u]Willow[/name_u] go best with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] :two_hearts:

All are utterly gorgeous, although I will say that the vulgar meanings in other languages put me off [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] for my own girls. I do think it’s a beautiful sweet and feisty name, though!

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] is lovely, that cool O ending sound and sweet naturey meaning make it a great sister name for the slightly quirky [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], despite its popularity.

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] feels like a less expected pairing with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], but it definitely works. I really like this name – sleek, sophisticated, strong, feminine, timeless… [name_f]Cece[/name_f] is very sweet for short.

[name_f]Clover[/name_f] is my favourite though! I love how cute yet cool and headstrong it sounds, and it’s both a natural sister for [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and very unexpected! I love the association with luck, as well as nature, and I think [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] just sound perfect together :four_leaf_clover:

Well I’m super biased but I think Cecily sounds sweet with Griffin. I never knew it meant blind until I was older. I tied it to St. Cecilia, the Catholic saint of music. I use the nickname Cec (sess) but usually just go by my full name! I think if I had to shorten it now as an adult I would use just C. Cece doesn’t fit me either.

Edit: no one has ever randomly started calling me Cece. I was Sassy for a while when my sister was learning to talk though.

1 Like

Thank you so much for everyone who wrote out thoughts! This was incredibly helpful to my husband and I. Your words are so valued!

1 Like

Griffin and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] sounds super lovely.

Pippa is my favourite.
But you really can’t go wrong with any of your choices.
Good luck!

The one I like best with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] is [name_u]Willow[/name_u], although [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] are nice together too. I think [name_f]Celie[/name_f] or [name_f]Cilla[/name_f] would totally work for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] if you don’t like [name_f]Cece[/name_f]!

Cecily stands out to me. And the nn are cute too.

I think [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] go best with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. I love [name_f]Clover[/name_f] with nickname [name_u]Clove[/name_u], but I don’t like it with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] as a sibset as much as I do the other names.

I think [name_f]Clover[/name_f] or [name_u]Willow[/name_u] are the best with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. I think that [name_f]Alette[/name_f] could be a great MN for either!

I also think [name_f]Clover[/name_f] or [name_u]Willow[/name_u] would be very cute with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]!

I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is also nice, but personally would have [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].

All great choices!

Good luck

I like all of them.

Pippa - I’m not aware of any inappropriate meaning, but you can’t cover all languages. So unless it’s a language that is close to you, I wouldn’t worry about that one.

Willow - “[name_m]Wills[/name_m]” might be a cute nn, even tho ots usually for a boy.

Lilia - a lovely twist on a classic

Cecily - I think you should forget about the meaning here. I agree that a names meaning is important, but when was the last time you told anyone the meaning of your name? It doesn’t come up much IRL.

Clover - it probably won’t make you think of bunnies after its your daughter’s name. But if it does, “bunny” is a pretty adorable nn.

1 Like

You’ve got lots of lovely choices here but when I saw Willow and Cecily alongside Griffin, they stood out to me.

I personally prefer Willa but nevertheless, Willow is very beautiful and has such lovely imagery. That your neighbour’s tree is a willow is a nice added bonus! Lo is cute but I also think just Will as a nickname is super sweet, and of course very intuitive.

And with Cecily, I think just Cec is the most natural nickname, although Celie is so lovely and I think it could work.

Aurora, Lilia and Clover are also lovely and suit Griffin well. I personally love the nickname Rory and don’t think it’s too Gilmore Girls at all! It’s just such a natural, intuitive nickname for Aurora.

Pippa and Alette are my least favourite but they’re still nice names and could easily work with Griffin.

Good luck with your decision!

I vote [name_f]Clover[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

Best of luck!

Pippa is usually short for [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f]. Thoughts on that name? I know several Phillipas who go by [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] in their everyday life. It’s a bouncy, yet mature name! Wonderful for aging into.

Willow is a sweet, lively name. I love the link to the willow tree and I’m sure young no-name would be proud to have a sentimental name like this! Nicknames could include: [name_f]Lolo[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_m]Wills[/name_m].

Other names that mean truth are: Alatea (also Greek), [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (very classy - just like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]) and Leyna (also Greek) along with a ton of other names - many also beginning with A.

Aurora is an up-and-coming new name. It’s quite a mouthful, so I think a nickname is inevitable. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is a great nickname (and who better to be names after than [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] circa seasons 1 and 2)? I wouldn’t worry about the name seeming obviously GG - after all, don’t we all wish for a relationship with our child like [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u]?

Lilia is possibly my favourite! It’s a lovely balance between [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (and the now-popular [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]). However, if your husband struggles with the complexity of this name, perhaps you could use it as a middle name? I know a [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f], whose parents greatly considered it for the first name. ‘[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]’ is not too different.

Cecily is quite inflexible. I know a [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and a [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] - [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Cece[/name_f] and [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] is occasionally Cic. [name_f]Cicely[/name_f] may be a good alternative, as there is a flower with the same name. I think [name_f]Celie[/name_f] would be easier to reach with [name_f]Celia[/name_f].

Clover is an interesting name, however I have known many a parent who has avoided the name [name_f]Clover[/name_f], due to it’s association with cows. That may be something to look into. [name_u]Clove[/name_u] as a name by itself is a warmer name, with more autumnal tones, while [name_f]Clover[/name_f] makes me think of nothing but [name_f]Spring[/name_f] and green and celebration!

I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] best.

I think [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f] pair best with [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] (Cissy is a nickname for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and a pun so bonus)
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] has the same mythical kinda quality so it depends on how you lean. [name_m]Classic[/name_m] or Poetic

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] :heart: To get passed the “blind” thing, try to pair with a mn that has a meaning that kinda works with it (i.e. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] for blind faith or something)

LOVE [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_u]Willow[/name_u] with Griffin!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Alette[/name_f]! I love how [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and [name_f]Alette[/name_f] both have “air” meanings, a [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] can fly and [name_f]Alette[/name_f] means small winged-one, and in my opinion [name_f]Alette[/name_f] doesn’t need a nickname, though [name_f]Etta[/name_f] could work.