Narrowed down to two names...any opinions?

I still don’t know if I’m having a girl or boy (and am going into labor any day now), but at least I feel settled on a boy name. For the girl’s name, I’m suddenly second-guessing myself. The whole pregnancy, I was sure it would be:
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name] is my last name and [name]Smith[/name] is my husband’s last name. I love the rhyming ‘-or’ sounds of [name]EleaNOR[/name] and [name]GORdon[/name].
But now I’m considering:
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
nn would be Vieve or [name]Eve[/name] I guess, not [name]Gen[/name]. Or possibly [name]Gigi[/name].
Any thoughts, opinions, or insights are much appreciated!

I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] to [name]Genevieve[/name] and I love [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name], which makes it a little more unusual with all the Ellies.

I prefer your first choice [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Smith[/name], think it flows way better. And [name]Leni[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Lenore[/name] are such cute nns, Good luck with everything:)

[name]Eleanor[/name], definitely! With a surname as her middle name, I feel that [name]Eleanor[/name] is more feminine and soft first to counterbalance the more strong, masculine middle.

I loved the suggestion of [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Leni[/name] as nicknames, too. They are cute and different than many nicknames little girls have today.

I too prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] but they’re both beautiful names.

Another vote for [name]Eleanor[/name]! It’s not unusual to have second thoughts as the day nears, but trust your first instinct; it’s a beautiful name :slight_smile:

I never thought of nn “[name]Leni[/name]”… I was a theatre major so unfortunately “[name]Nora[/name]” just always makes me think of the play “A [name]Doll[/name]'s House”. Are there tons of [name]Ellie[/name]'s out there? or [name]Elle[/name]'s?
Is [name]Leni[/name] pronounced with a long -e sound at the end, (like [name]Eddie[/name]), or a long -i sound (like Reply)?

I never thought of nn “[name]Leni[/name]”… I was a theatre major so unfortunately “[name]Nora[/name]” just always makes me think of the play “A [name]Doll[/name]'s House”. Are there tons of [name]Ellie[/name]'s out there? or [name]Elle[/name]'s?
Is [name]Leni[/name] pronounced with a long -e sound at the end, (like [name]Eddie[/name]), or a long -i sound (like Reply)?[/quote]

I think there are a fair few Ellies and Ellas bu don’t think many Eleanors yet but I love it. [name]Leni[/name] is pronounced [name]Lenny[/name]:slight_smile:

Personally, I like [name]Genevieve[/name] more than [name]Eleanor[/name]. But [name]Eleanor[/name] does flow better than [name]Genevieve[/name] with your names.

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name]…I really like [name]Eleonora[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Leni[/name] is a cute nickname as is [name]Lea[/name]. While there are a lot of Elles, Ellies and Ellas I still think they are sweet nicknames.

I really love the name [name]Genevieve[/name]! [name]Eleanor[/name] is nice, but I hear so many of them where I live.

hmmmmm…where do you live?

I love [name]Genevieve[/name] more than [name]Eleanor[/name], and think it works better with [name]Gordon[/name], but I think they’re both beautiful names. I absolutely love the sound, flow, and look of [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Smith[/name], and think that [name]Evie[/name] is a darling nickname.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Yes - there are TONS of [name]Elle[/name]'s, [name]Ellie[/name]'s, [name]Ella[/name]'s and the like. I was picking up my daughter’s artwork at art camp this summer and came across these E names over and over (and it was one project type so not multiple projects by the same kid). I also know quite a few, and at least one is an [name]Eleanor[/name] I know for sure. Also know of several other Eleanors and some Noras.

While I do love the name [name]Eleanor[/name], I like [name]Genevieve[/name] just as much and think it goes great with your last names! Plus its less popular, and therefore, sounds a lot fresher to me. Oh, I live in a mid-size city in the Southern U.S. if that helps you gage the popularity issue. Good luck!

I second this! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name]. It’s more streamlined than [name]Genevieve[/name] is. Also, when I heard “[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Smith[/name],” I thought of [name]Genevieve[/name] Gorder, the designer from Trading Spaces a few years back … random and surprising, I know, but that was my first reaction, unfortunately

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]ELEANOR[/name],
BUT ITHINK [name]ELENA[/name] SOUNDS BETTER!
your choice (:

hmmmmm…where do you live?[/quote]

I live in the midwest (US). Maybe I’m just hearing tons of Ellies/Ellas… [name]Eleanor[/name] isn’t too popular yet, but I have a feeling it could become more popular soon.

I think both [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are beautiful names. I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice but [name]Eleanor[/name] is definitely more popular. I live in the UK and [name]Ellie[/name] (as a stand alone name or a nn for [name]Eleanor[/name]) is v popular here.

I am sick of [name]Eleanor[/name] and the nn of [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] is overdone and a little boring now.

I love [name]Genevieve[/name] though and you encourage you to choose this beautiful name.

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]