Narrowed it down to 2 first names --help with combos please!

[name]Hi[/name] ladies. With my due date a little over a month away I’ve taken all of your suggestions from my previous list and decided my daughter will either be named [name]Lydia[/name] or [name]Vivien[/name]. What I really need help with now is deciding which name I want to use and which middle name combos work. I’ve narrowed it down to three combos for each name and would love to know which of them I should use for my daughter or even a second favorite that I could use if I were to have another daughter in the future. Thank you so much in advance.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] - I know several people noted how the A sounds conflict, which I’m usually not a fan of either, but I guess since the A at the end of [name]Lydia[/name] is a different sound than the A at the beginning of [name]Alexandra[/name] it doesnt bother me and for some reason I keep liking it despite the fact that its usually not my thing.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] are my two other choices

[name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Helena[/name] are my choices for [name]Vivien[/name]

I like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. I know what you mean about [name]Alexandra[/name], but I just find [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] hard to say (love both names separately but not together).

With [name]Vivien[/name], I think [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Helen[/name] work better than the suggestions you proposed (due to flow). [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] would be my top choice for FN [name]Vivien[/name].

You have great taste in names, I love [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name].
I like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] a lot. With [name]Vivien[/name], though, I’m having a harder time. If you altered the middles ([name]Stella[/name] or [name]Estelle[/name] rather than [name]Estella[/name], for example) to have 2 syllables instead of 3, I think it would help the flow.

Oh gosh! I love [name]Lydia[/name] - love is probably an understatement! My absolute favorite girl name! I don’t care for [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] at all, honestly. I don’t like that [name]Lydia[/name] ends in an A while [name]Alexandra[/name] starts with one, and I don’t like that they both have the same end sound. Also, I personally don’t care for [name]Alexandra[/name]. [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] are both really cute! But, the deciding factor would really be the length of the last name:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] Warrington = perfect!
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] [name]Jones[/name] = underwhelming…
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] Warrington = mouthful!
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] [name]Jones[/name] = perfect!

See what I mean?

As for [name]Vivien[/name] (or [name]Vivian[/name]), I understand the appeal, but I don’t think it is anywhere near as pretty as [name]Lydia[/name], and I don’t care for the [name]Viv[/name] or [name]Vi[/name] nicknames. [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estella[/name] would be my pick, though.

I vote for [name]Vivian[/name]! I love this name, and think it’s one that will age perfectly with your little girl. My favourite of your options is [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estella[/name].

I have to say I’m not a fan of [name]Lydia[/name], although I don’t know why (I seem to love all other L names, including [name]Livia[/name], which is so close!). But if you do choose [name]Lydia[/name], I think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is lovely (and [name]Paige[/name] updates [name]Lydia[/name]). I actually do like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] - the way it looks rather than the way it sounds together though. I don’t like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name], although I do like the name [name]Meredith[/name].

Good luck!

I like [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] better than [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name].

Tough choice! [name]Vivian[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are both beautiful!

The middle names on your list, though, seem a little off somehow - they’re nice enough, but just not as elegant as either of the first names. Maybe that’s why it’s proving difficult to nail down. [name]Estella[/name] is the nicest choice, but like others have said, [name]Estelle[/name] seems to work better (I actually like [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]), but I’m not sure it’s my favorite middle name option.
If you’re open to some other suggestions:

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Gail[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Just[/name] wanted to add that I really prefer [name]Vivian[/name] spelled [name]Vivian[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] - for me, the two “a” sounds conflict, and the rhythm is bothering me. But both names are gorgeous. What about
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] - but the “a” sounds are still running into each other.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] are my two other choices - love both of them!

[name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Helena[/name] are my choices for [name]Vivien[/name].
I would spell [name]Vivian[/name] either [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name].
[name]Vivian[/name] is my favorite spelling, but I love [name]Vivienne[/name] a lot, too.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Estella[/name] - feels a bit awkward, but it will probably grow on me until I love it. Okay, I’m starting to love it now. But I really love either [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] much more.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Morgana[/name] - I don’t really like [name]Morgana[/name].
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Helena[/name] - What about [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Helene[/name]? In this instance I prefer the spelling [name]Vivienne[/name]. What about [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Hollis[/name]? That’s so pretty.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] sounds okay to me because (as noted) the /a/ in [name]Lydia[/name] (short u sound) is different from the initial /A/ in [name]Alexandra[/name] (short a sound). The fact that they both end with the letter a does not bother me because the names are different enough that there is no sense of rhyming or redundancy. ([name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] is nice too.) I do think these combos would sound best with a short last name.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are very nice names you really can not go wrong.

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]: I like this one best as the other options seem too plain

[name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] sounds better than estella. Out of your choices my vote goes to [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Helena[/name].

I love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name], but [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] is just a tiny bit better I think. You have great taste! For [name]Vivien[/name] I love [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Estella[/name], it’s classic and gorgeous and quirky and wow! also, [name]Vivien[/name] [name]Helena[/name] seems like it has too many E sounds vivee-en he-len-uh. But either way, [name]Vivien[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] are amazing choices!

I think [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is absolutely addorable!!! What a great combo! I’m tempted to steal it. :wink:

I like [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name] :slight_smile:

So I thought I was set on the name [name]Lydia[/name] as a first name over [name]Vivien[/name] and then yesterday one of my girlfriends told me that it reminds her of the Addams Family even though I don’t believe there is a character in the Addams Family with that name but she said it had that kind of vibe. [name]Do[/name] others agree with this assessment? Or what comes to mind when you hear the name [name]Lydia[/name] because now I’m starting to wonder if it gives off a spooky vibe like that even though I dont really think it does, although I do think it has a gothic type feel to it, but not necessarily Addams Family esque , but then she got me thinking. [name]Just[/name] wondering what comes to other peoples minds when they hear the name.

[name]Lydia[/name] is a great name. I can think of a few names that have spooky or creepy associations… but [name]Lydia[/name] is definitely not one of them.

I think of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s Pride and Prejudice when I hear [name]Lydia[/name]. The name sounds and looks elegant, sophisticated, and feminine to me, and not the slightest bit dark or spooky.

(I’m now wondering if she’s associating the name with [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]'s character, [name]Lydia[/name], in the movie Beetle Juice? I love that movie!)

For me, [name]Lydia[/name] is an amazing name, and the polar opposite of dark!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s Pride and Prejudice when I hear [name]Lydia[/name]. The name sounds and looks elegant, sophisticated, and feminine to me, and not the slightest bit dark or spooky.

(I’m now wondering if she’s associating the name with [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]'s character, [name]Lydia[/name], in the movie Beetle Juice? I love that movie!)

For me, [name]Lydia[/name] is an amazing name, and the polar opposite of dark!

Good luck! :-)[/quote]
I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that [name]Lydia[/name] reminds me of the youngest daughter in Pride and Prejudice, but unlike [name]Jill[/name], I still see [name]Lydia[/name] as the youngest daughter who was a spoiled selfish brat and nearly ruined [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s chances of marrying the men of their dreams because she just HAD to run off with an “officer.” lol. Thus, I have still not warmed up to the name [name]Lydia[/name].

I love the combination of vintage and contemporary. Well done, love it!!

PS dotsmom how are you and your beautiful family? I have been overseas for two weeks.