Narrowed to 5. Help?

See the results of this poll: Which do you like?

Respondents: 115 (This poll is closed)

• Betsy : 17 (11%)
  • Chloe : 29 (19%)
  • Evie : 22 (15%)
  • Maisie : 32 (21%)
  • Ruby: 49 (33%)

I give you two middle name suggesstions for each of your top 5. So…

[name]Betsy[/name] Geniveve or [name]Betsy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
Chole [name]Samantha[/name] or Chole [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] or [name]Evie[/name] [name]Adaline[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I really like all of them. There’s only one that I haven’t considered for myself, and that’s [name]Maisie[/name] (I’m afraid it doesn’t age well. I’ve never met anyone with the name, so I don’t know, but I have trouble imagining it on an adult).

I think my favorite is [name]Evie[/name]. For combinations, I like [name]Evie[/name] [name]Madeline[/name], and [name]Evie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name].

I also like nelliedellie’s suggestion of [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

Not sure what your no.1s name is so just went with what I liked. Which is [name]Maisie[/name]. [name]Evie[/name] comes in second but I prefer [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] with the nn [name]Evie[/name].

[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

Ha, this poll will really help you out! 30% for everything (except [name]Betsy[/name]). I chose [name]Maisie[/name] because I don’t really like nicknames as first names ([name]Betsy[/name] and [name]Evie[/name]) and I’m not a huge fan of [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] (I think they’re a bit too popular). If you’d said [name]Eve[/name] instead of [name]Evie[/name], I’d have chosen that!

1 [name]Ruby[/name]
2 [name]Chloe[/name]

I like [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] but only as nn’s for a longer name (eg. [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]). I think these three names are overly cutesy for anyone over 10 years or so. [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] can make the transition from childhood to adult more easily.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]

I picked [name]Chloe[/name] too, because I don’t like nn for names either. I think children need longer, more established names, even if they are only used in their passport or for more formal occasions and usually go by their nn.
[name]Chloe[/name] has a lovely meaning, and though well-known, isn’t overly popular - at least, not in my area of the world.

They are all fabulous! I voted for [name]Ruby[/name], but [name]Betsy[/name] was a close second. I may have been swayed differently if I knew your first child’s name.

I voted for [name]Ruby[/name]. Though it’s very popular, it feels like the strongest on your list. [name]Chloe[/name] has a lovely sound, and it has some of the spunk of [name]Ruby[/name], but not the strength. Of your “nickname names” ([name]Betsy[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Evie[/name]) my favorite is [name]Betsy[/name], but I prefer it as a nick for [name]Elizabeth[/name].
[name]Ruby[/name] is really evocative and fun.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Day[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Regina[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zenobia[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] ("[name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Sue[/name]")

I fell in love with [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] when I saw it, but my husband says no.

I think we have narrowed it down to [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Chloe[/name]. Several of you mentioned the childishness of the nickname names, and I think we’re starting to agree (we don’t like any of the longer names for the nicknames). My husband’s original favorite was [name]Maisie[/name], but I think I have him warming up to [name]Chloe[/name] (my original favorite).

Thanks so much for the input. I’m still looking for middle name suggestions for [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name], if you have any. (emmabobemma, I kind of wish you hadn’t mentioned [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zelda[/name]. I’m not hearing the end of it from my husband! Also, [name]Susanna[/name] is my name.)

[name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name] are my favorites!! If I had to choose a number 3 I’d go with [name]Chloe[/name]. I don’t like [name]Betsy[/name] one bit, and I like [name]Evie[/name] but I prefer [name]Eve[/name].

Well, looking at the social security list of births, [name]Ruby[/name] came in at 109, whereas [name]Chloe[/name] was the 10th most popular name in the US last year.
I’m with your husband- [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zelda[/name] is to die for. Could you get any more glamorous/flapper-esque?

I chose [name]Ruby[/name], despite the popularity. I felt that [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] were too nicknamey, [name]Chloe[/name] seems a bit dated to me (it feels like a name that was everywhere in the eighties, nineties and early 2000’s,) and I’ve never cared for [name]Maisie[/name]. I think a more serious name with the playful [name]Ruby[/name] would be a nice balence. Here are a few ideas:
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Pricilla[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Esther[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clarice[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]!! [name]Don[/name]'t really care for the others so much, although I do like [name]Evie[/name] as a nn for [name]Eva[/name]. A couple of middle names that come to mind are:
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]Love[/name] this!)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Susanna[/name]

With your son [name]Liam[/name] I definitely prefer [name]Maisie[/name]. It has a similar soft sound and is also British but not nearly so popular as many of your other ideas. A very sweet pair indeed.

I like [name]Evie[/name] but I hear some similar sounds with [name]Liam[/name], so many vowels close together. [name]Eve[/name] would not really be an improvement unfortunately.

[name]Betsy[/name] doesn’t fit so well with [name]Liam[/name] as their associated popularity eras are so far apart 50’s-2000’s. [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] are SO popular I would rule them out right away.

Good luck!

My 6 month old daughter is [name]Ruby[/name], and my 13 year old dog is [name]Zelda[/name]. :wink: Good luck with your choice. And I used to have a ferret [name]Roxie[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], although they are VERY popular.
[name]Maisie[/name] is such an unusual name. Never heard it before!
Kind of sounds like “lazy”, but it also has a sweet southern ring to it. Could be a very cool unique choice!