Narrowing down combos!

Hey y’all~

I’ve still been working on choosing my favorite combo(s) for the first name Thaissa (tah-EE-suh or ty-EE-suh). I posted before asking for opinions on Thaissa combos and based on the feedback I’ve narrowed down my list even further, but still feel really conflicted as I quite like all of the combos. So I’m posting again with the hopes of getting some more feedback on the combos I’m still considering and some of my thoughts on each one. I would love your opinion on which ones you like the best for me! I know it’s a lot but getting feedback from other people really helps me in narrowing down and choosing the combo that’s best for me!

Thaissa [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u] - the cons of this combo are the repeated s-sounds in the middle and Thaissa is already kind of out there, and [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u] is as well. But I really love these names together and I find this combo striking and memorable.

Thaissa [name_f]Christina[/name_f] - the con is that it’s a little rhymey, but also that’s kind of a pro for me…? I honestly kind of dig the near-rhyme, but not sure if it’s too much.

Thaissa [name_f]Coral[/name_f] - Again this is a really lovely and distinct combo; it gives me under the sea, ethereal mermaid kinda vibes!

Thaissa [name_f]Fay[/name_f] - the con is that [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is a little simple and starting to become a little bit of a “filler” middle name but in this case I think the simplicity of [name_f]Fay[/name_f] actually adds a certain sparkle.

Thaissa [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] - again the con here is that [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] is a little out-there and I tend to like more balanced combos (an “out there” name with a less “out there” name). However I really like the euphonious sound of [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] and I think it does complement Thaissa?

Thaissa [name_u]Keely[/name_u] / Thaissa [name_u]Keeley[/name_u] - At first I almost wrote this combo off because the vibes are quite different from each name but I kept coming back to it in my mind so I figure there must a reason for that!

Thaissa [name_u]Kimberley[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Kimberley[/name_u] and really want to work it into a combo somehow but haven’t found the right name. I think most people find it dated but I find this spelling especially elegant. I like that it complements the elegance of Thaissa but also feels a little bit grounded.

Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] - this somehow gives poetic / literary vibes and it’s gentle but strong. The con is that I already have [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] as a middle on my list for several other names but this combo is still very intriguing to me.

Thaissa [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] - again a little bit unexpected as the names have very different vibes, but I keep coming back to it. I think this combo in particular is one of the ones I like the most in terms of pure sound.

Thaissa [name_f]Misty[/name_f] - another one that seems a little mismatched in style at first, but like Thaissa [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] I really think this one is one of the best in terms of pure sound. The water-related names bring out this ethereal, underwater feel to Thaissa that I dig.

Thaissa [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] - I think this is objectively one of the best combos honestly and I really like it but I don’t know if I’m leaning towards it over others… maybe you can convince me?

Thaissa [name_u]Rae[/name_u] - [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is a little simple as a middle but it’s an honor name for me. I like the pairing of the unusual and graceful Thaissa with the simple but spunky [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and I think they sound nice together, but don’t know if Thaissa deserves a “fuller” middle.

Thaissa [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] - visually and phonetically appealing, I think the sounds and stress of this combo just work really well together.

Thaissa [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] - [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] is another middle that I haven’t really found the perfect first name for but want to make work somehow… I think this combo is quite nice actually, but not sure if it’s a little plain.

Thaissa [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - feels quite mature and literary, but fun and zippy too. I think again this is one of the objective “best” combos but not sure if I’m leaning towards it, but maybe you can convince me?

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites…

Thaissa [name_f]Coral[/name_f] ~ maybe it’s the [name_m]Pericles[/name_m] connection but I agree, there’s something sea-like about Thaissa, and [name_f]Coral[/name_f] brings it out beautifully whilst also adding a vintage kick :ocean::coral:

Thaissa [name_f]Fay[/name_f] ~ simple yes, but bright and sunny. Also love the connotation of ‘Fae’ which gives it a magical edge :tulip::fairy:

Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] ~ love the melodic sound and nature vibes, it’s down to earth and yet lilting and lovely :herb::classical_building:

Thaissa [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is kinda the new [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but I do think it brings a sparkly kick to most names, and Thaissa is already pretty sparkly so it fits really well :blossom::dizzy:

Thaissa [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] ~ with the ‘dew of the sea’ meaning of [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] this just works sooo perfectly (and I like how this spelling rather than the -y ending picks up on the i in Thaissa, it looks really balanced and pretty) :ocean::wilted_flower:

Thaissa [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] ~ vivacious yet serious [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] works so well with magical Thaissa! Definitely gives her an academic edge. With Thaissa it reminds me of [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] (aka [name_f]Lady[/name_f] Olivier) giving it a subtle Shakespearean suavity :performing_arts::open_book:

Thaissa [name_f]Coral[/name_f] - As @/persephonescrown said, there’s something aquatic about Thaissa and [name_f]Coral[/name_f] amplifies that feeling.

Thaissa [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] - I visualise Thaissa as green, if I am to specify it would be Pantone’s Greenbriar, and [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] is a lighter shade of pink. I think they sound and look harmonious together.

Thaissa [name_f]Fay[/name_f] - I don’t think [name_f]Fay[/name_f] would read too much as a middle name. It is magical with Thaissa.

Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] - I’m not fond of [name_u]Laurel[/name_u], but it is a nice touch to Thaissa

Thaissa [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] - For the same reasons as Stephie!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are ….

Thaissa [name_f]Fay[/name_f] - I’m in love with how magical and effortlessly bright & lovely Thaissa and [name_f]Fay[/name_f] feel together! I love [name_f]Fay[/name_f] / [name_f]Fae[/name_f] / [name_f]Faye[/name_f] because of the fairy connotation :woman_fairy:t3: :sparkles: :bouquet:

Thaissa [name_f]Coral[/name_f] - All the ethereal mermaid vibes like you said!! I love the aquatic, otherworldly feel. :droplet: :mermaid: :coral: :shell:

Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] - I love the lyrical sound and woodland fairy nymph energy Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] emits! :fairy:t2: :dragon: :leaves:

Thaissa [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u] - Very striking and creative feeling! Makes me think of cloud gazing, painting, and blue summer skies. :cloud: :sunny: :framed_picture:

Thaissa [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] - beautiful and very balanced, unique elegance / very princess feeling to me (love Rosemarie’s dew of the sea meaning) :rose: :droplet: :wilted_flower:

Thaissa [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] - very old Hollywood, and musical feeling to me (maybe because of the [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] association) . I think of poetry slams, jazz clubs,
road-trips, and spontaneous vacations. :notes: :saxophone: :memo:

Thaissa [name_u]Rae[/name_u] - spunky, mischievous, and creative feeling / charming & evokes a big personality / For some reason, it gives me [name_f]Junie[/name_f] B. [name_m]Jones[/name_m] or [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] & Beezus energy :lady_beetle: :lollipop: :beverage_box:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites for you:

Thaissa [name_f]Coral[/name_f] - this sounds magical, mermaid-y and sparkly, but at the same time, [name_f]Coral[/name_f] gives me the vibes of others you like such as [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], [name_u]Kimberley[/name_u], [name_f]Misty[/name_f] and [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] so it feels balanced?

Thaissa [name_u]Keeley[/name_u] - I really like the sounds of this. Unexpected but with a mythological undertone

Thaissa [name_f]Misty[/name_f] - there’s something fairy-tale-esque about this - sound-wise, it’s lovely and vibe-wise, I think they go quite well

I like the sound of these five best:

Thaissa [name_f]Christina[/name_f]

Thaissa [name_f]Fay[/name_f]

Thaissa [name_u]Laurel[/name_u]

Thaissa [name_f]Misty[/name_f]

Thaissa [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]

I think my favorite is Thaissa [name_f]Misty[/name_f], I agree that it emphasizes the ethereal aquatic vibes of Thaissa while still being sweet and fun.

i see them as different categories:

thaissa cerulean, thaissa coral, thaissa prairie - magical, whimsicalm under the sea, bright fields

thaissa fay, thaissa rae - especially if you spelled it fae, it’s like a storybook

thaissa christina, thaissa veronica - screams latina

thaissa keely, thaissa kimberley, thaissa lindsay - time travel to the 80s / 90s, super duper american

not feeling it:
thaissa misty - not great flow, not great match. misty could be a great unusual middle for another name, or perhaps a nickname, but it really doesn’t match thaissa.

thaissa holiday - it’s fine, it sounds nice, feels like a holiday. i’m on the fence with this one. it’s nice, but i think you have more interesting options.

thaissa cerulean - i agree cerulean is so interesting, it could make for a striking combo. but the flow really ruins it. have you considered adding a name in between them? thaissa rae cerulean, for example. in this case it’d be very important to sound it out with your surname. it seems like a tough one to solve, but just in case…

thaissa vivian - it’s just not vibing bright like your other options

yes:

thaissa coral - seashells at the beach, pink and happy room, the little mermaid on tv

thaissa christina - rhyming can be great. this is a classic latin combo. if you’re on the the any romance language side, great! if not, you might get asked, especially with thaissa.

thaissa rae - short and to the point, sounds great, honor is great, there’s nothing wrong with it at all.

thaissa fae - for a more magical feel, could you still count it as an honor for rae? thaissa fae the fairy

Thaissa Coral. I love the name Coral, it’s underused and fits Thaissa perfectly.

Thaissa Fay is also lovely. I don’t see Fay as a filler. However, if it were me I’d definitely choose Thaissa Coral.