Narrowing down my list (poll)

Ok I think Ive narrowed my list down to my top favorites.

Which of these would you choose to go with W1nry V1olet (W1nnie) & H0liday Jan3 (H0lly)?

• Afton Willow nn maybe Annie or Effie or just Afton
  • Patience Lily nn Penny
  • Dorothy Maple nn Dottie Mae
0 voters
  • Ira Eneko
  • Alder Wallace
  • Ferris Sullivan
0 voters

Thoughts:
Ira Eneko- isnt my favorite flow wise, but I love love Ira & Eneko. I love both names meanings and honoring Basque heritage.

Afton Willow- I know in the US Afton will probably be seen as a surnamey unisex type name. But Ive always seen it as a nature name, and it was most popular 100 years ago and has only ever charted as a girls name. So I feel like its rare enough I can claim it as a girl nature name right? Biggest con is there is not a real good nickname for it

Dorothy Maple- newest to the list replacing Maple Louisa. I love Maple, and I love Dorothy, plus Dottie Mae works so well with Winnie & Holly. I love the whole combo of Maple Louisa, and it might still win out but I really love the nickname Dottie/Dottie Mae over just Mae.

Patience Lily- I love the springtime peaceful vibes it gives. Biggest con is I dont particularly love Penny Lily but it’s not a deal breaker.

Alder Wallace- love its soft gentle nature vibe and sounds. No real cons from me, just love Ira a little more

Ferris Sullivan- probably my least favorite of the bunch. But I really love the quirkiness but still soft sounds of both Ferris and Sullivan.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is gorgeous - vintage but sparky and bright

[name_f]Afton[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is gorgeous - it’s outdoorsy and cool, but gentle too! I think [name_f]Affie[/name_f] is cute, and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is lovely too! I guess you’ve got [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Attie[/name_f] and maybe [name_f]Allie[/name_f] too?

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Sullivan[/name_m] is outdoorsy and woodsy, with plenty of suave and gentleness thrown in

[name_m]Ira[/name_m] [name_m]Eneko[/name_m] is sharp but sweet - I kind of like the flow, actually! [name_f]Love[/name_f] the meaning and sounds of [name_m]Ira[/name_m] especially

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Afton[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_m]Alder[/name_m] [name_m]Wallace[/name_m]! I think they go really well with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] & [name_f]Holly[/name_f]. I also really like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] Maple… [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] just feels very different to W1nry & Holid@y to me, but it is a really lovely name.

I think [name_f]Afton[/name_f] is fine as it is, but I think [name_f]Annie[/name_f] & [name_f]Effie[/name_f] are really sweet nns for her too. There was a berry on here years ago who had a [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Afton[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] and I have always liked [name_f]Afton[/name_f] after hearing her use it. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like