Narrowing down my list!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl due in [name_u]July[/name_u]. The middle name will be [name_f]Fern[/name_f] after my grandmother (and I just adore the name). Which of these names do you like with [name_f]Fern[/name_f]? I’m noticing I like older sounding names and [name_m]French[/name_m] names. Last name pronounced [name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn. Also very open to new suggestions! Thank you!! :blush:

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariam[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

It’s hard because I honestly love almost all the names! So I’m going to base this on what I think flows best with [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn” and slight personal preference because they pretty much all flow really well LOL

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”

Like:
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Mariam[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”

[name_m]Just[/name_m] okay:
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”
[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”

I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] from your list. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] (in that order)

My top three would be:
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] seems to be popular! Thank you - I love that name too. My only concern is with people mistaking it for [name_f]Emily[/name_f], which I think could happen quite often. What do you think?

My favorites are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], and [name_f]Adalie[/name_f]. I think the [name_m]AH[/name_m] in [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is different enough from [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. Least favorites are [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (doesn’t flow as well with [name_f]Fern[/name_f]) and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (double plants).

Other suggestions you might like are [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], and [name_f]Leonie[/name_f].

[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] sounds really nice

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]! “[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]” has a beautiful flow to it, similar to [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] but without risk of confusion with [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is also very close in spelling to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], which is very popular right now, and could get annoying to correct.
I also suggest [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] (hard stop on the e, but sounds the same in flow) instead of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], if you want to aim for something more Parisian. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] may also be up your alley. I do think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is my favorite of your suggested names, although they are all my style. [name_m]Just[/name_m] think of what goes best with chosen middle & your last name.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] gets my vote, especially with the surname.

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is a gorgeous combo and flows very well.

Thank you. I agree with you on the double plant thing. I was aware but have liked that name for a long time. After that and looking at my list again, I think I am nixing [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (don’t love it as much as the others). So much narrowing to go!

I actually LOVED [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but nixed it because of its popularity. When I came across [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], I was thrilled to find something similar but different. I’ll have to think about how the popularity of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] could still interfere. And I like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] too!! I like the flow of it. Actually, I think the names that end in vowel sounds are flowing better with [name_f]Fern[/name_f] for me. Thank you :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Adalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], in that order. I think the movie [name_f]Amalie[/name_f] introduced people to the name so people shouldn’t confuse it with [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] don’t flow as well, nor do [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn” nor [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] “[name_u]True[/name_u]-shahn”.

Feeling like an idiot over here - When considering names, I have only been considering the flow of the full name with [name_f]Fern[/name_f] included. Never have I considered just the first and last name, which is what most people will refer to her as. slaps head Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I really like your style and especially love these:

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

I get that you’re a bit worried about [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and the potential for confusion with [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Emily[/name_f], but I have to say that my favourite combo is [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] - it just flows really beautifully and is so sweet but also chic! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] also flows beautifully. The others all work, they just don’t sound as fluid as those two to my ear, with or without the surname.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is GORGEOUS!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. We still have time so I’m going to let these float around a bit more. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is my favorite right now but it is really hard to cut down the list. With your help, I’m cutting [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and probably [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is just not my favorite. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] sounds great with [name_f]Fern[/name_f] but not alone with my last name and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] because of the double plants.

This is probably my new list:
I cut [name_f]Millie[/name_f] too.

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]