Narrowing down my top 10 list - any help much appreciated!

[name]Hi[/name] all,

I am trying to narrow down the top 10 names on my list to my favorite 2 names (as we are unlikely to have more than two boys!)

Top names are:
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]James[/name] (long time, classic family name)
[name]Everett[/name] (love the meaning and nn’s)
[name]Luke[/name] (one of my all time fav names)
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] (love that is means laughter)
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]

Would love your opinions and thoughts. What are your impressions of a person with these names?

We like names that are classic but relatable, preferably a longer name that can be shorted, with history and a good meaning (roughly!) Popularity does not matter to us.

Last name is [name]Russell[/name] if that helps :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing you thoughts!
Mellyn

My favorites are:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] (I don’t like it, but since it’s a favorite, I kept it)
[name]James[/name] (for a middle name)

I like:
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

I would opt to keep [name]Everett[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], and possibly [name]Dominic[/name]. :slight_smile: I like, but don’t love, [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name].

Good luck!

I like :
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] (prefer [name]Lucas[/name] more than [name]Luke[/name] by far)
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]

You have wonderful boys names! My absolute favorites are [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]! The rest are nice as well, though not as high up on my list as those three. [name]James[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] are also nice. And [name]Dominic[/name] I go back and forth on, because while I’m not in love with it’s long form, I adore the nickname [name]Dom[/name]!

My favorites: Theodore, James, Everett, Harrison

Ones I could go either way on: Luke (I think he’d blend in with all the Lucas’ I’ve met recently), Nathaniel (I prefer just Nathan or Nate)

My least favorites: Oliver, Sebastian, Dominic, Isaac

[name]Love[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]James[/name].
The only one I don’t like on your list is [name]Harrison[/name]

I think you should keep [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]. [name]Harrison[/name] sounds bad with your surname. I would use [name]James[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] in the middle spot. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] [name]Luke[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name]- nn [name]Ollie[/name] is cute, but personally, I don’t think the name [name]Oliver[/name] works well with age.
[name]Theodore[/name]- [name]Theo[/name] is a cute nn too, but I don’t like the name
[name]James[/name]- I like this name, works well with age, and its good that its a family name
[name]Everett[/name]- love this name! [name]Rhett[/name] is a good nn too!
[name]Luke[/name]- good name, but nms
[name]Sebastian[/name]- I don’t mind this name, but nms
[name]Dominic[/name]- [name]Nic[/name] is a goos nn, but again, personally I don’t think it works with age
[name]Isaac[/name]- Like this, and [name]Zac[/name] is a good nn option
[name]Harrison[/name]- not a fan
[name]Nathaniel[/name]- my favourite on the list! [name]Nate[/name] is a great nn too!

so my vote goes to [name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Everett[/name] is a close second)
good luck!

You have a lot of nice choices but with your last name I especially like [name]Isaac[/name] and then [name]James[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]. I don’t care much for [name]Luke[/name] but really like [name]Lucas[/name]. My vote is for [name]Isaac[/name] and not just because I have a boy with that name (who is such a happy little man) and I love the laughter meaning as well! [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Russell[/name] is a very handsome name :slight_smile:

My favorites are [name]James[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Luke[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] is deffinitely my favorite! [name]Luke[/name] [name]Russell[/name] is so cute!

Thanks so much for your thoughts everyone!

At the moment I am thinking

[name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Luke[/name]
Maybe [name]Harrison[/name]???

Still tossing up [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name]

Thinking I’ll let go of [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]…:frowning:

Great boys list! I think [name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Luke[/name] are wonderful combos. My top three are [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name].