Narrowing Down/Replacing Options

As the title says, have a few names that might be “Acceptable” for our new boy, but need to narrow it down to a solid 3 - open to options/suggestions/opinions. Some names are honor, some aren’t. It’s just a mix of names we don’t hate and/or names that haven’t already been used by friends/family. lol.

We’ve got 5-6 weeks left, still - but have already been agonizing over this for about 12 weeks already with really no progress.

[name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Connor[/name_m] [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]
Owen Hudson

(similarly, this - Vote on Name Lists at BabyNames.com )

My favorites, based on first name, are; [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Connor[/name_m] [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m], and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] being the top 2. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Asher[/name_m] would be very handsome.

My top 3 would be, in order from favorite to least of the favorites:

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] - [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is such a darling name and I love its great name meaning. [name_m]William[/name_m] pairs nicely in the middle.
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] - [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is so lively in the middle, and I think [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is a sweet name. I have heard it a lot recently though from my patients. At least three times in the last week or two.
[name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] - I like the mix of modern/quirky and traditional here.

My fave is [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], it’s amazing! :slight_smile:

if I could play mix and match a bit

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

I really like your combos of

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Pheonix[/name_m]

I absolutely love Banjamin [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]. Definitely top 3 material.

I also like [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u] from your list.

My favorite two are [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]. Among the rest they really stand out. Congrats and best of luck choosing!

My favourites are [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and [name_m]Connor[/name_m]. Both have history and won’t be the name that is trendy and tied to a certain decade.

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see you’re making progress! I’m sorry you don’t sound overly enthused, though. Some really handsome names here! These are my top 3:

1. [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]: This is such a cool sounding name. I like both names individually and they really are strikingly handsome and fun together. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u] or [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] as potential nicknames for [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], too!

2. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]: [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is a really fantastic name, with a lovely soft-yet-strong sound and a great meaning to match. [name_m]William[/name_m] flows beautifully here and is such a classic, you can’t really go wrong!

3. [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the unexpectedness of this combo! Sweet, storybook [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] plus spiky, edgy [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]. Very cool!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’ve tried the names out in my head when talking to the baby, etc, lol - trying to see if any stick out more than the others. But it’s been a struggle, still. I might have narrowed it down to 3, but I’m still not sure. I of course want it to be something I like, but also something that other people can easily handle, will look professional as he’s older, etc.

I like:

[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]