Narrowing down the list?

Okay so recently I posted about my list received so much positivity which is amazing but I still feel up in the air really however I have (currently) ditched [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! :scream::scream: I think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is too complicated for dyslexics none of my family can spell it. I’m concerned about [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] being called [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]/Liz I genuinely just think Lizards I hate it. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] I just hear the nickname wheezy as a result of my sister. However I have added another name to the collection. So I’m asking for help narrowing it down!

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: it’s a great name to honour my mums Ashkenazi heritage, I love the sound of the name & lilies are one of my favourite flowers. Everyone loves it & even calling the baby [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
Cons: it has so many pluses but I’m not certain is this a sign???

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: pretty flower, vintage, Greek mythology means rainbow
Cons: rising in popularity in U.K. worried it may be trendy I hate trendy. Also sometimes I’m like blah when it comes to [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: my dad is born in [name_u]June[/name_u], my parents got married in [name_u]June[/name_u] I love that it honours them. Feels happy.
Cons: is it weird that she’ll be born in [name_f]February[/name_f] but called [name_u]June[/name_u]? I don’t think my family will like [name_u]June[/name_u] they may think it’s an odd choice.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: love the meaning ‘from the forest’ feels wintry
Cons: I can’t see myself with a daughter called [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: honours [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] someone very significant, vintage & seems romantic.
Cons: I’m just not sure about how much I do love [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Pros: feels inviting it’s charming. I like the nature vibe. I genuinely love it.
Cons: my mum associates this name with someone who wasn’t very nice and made my mum feel really stressed.

Anyways as you can see this is very long but I would appreciate the help narrowing down my list. So if you were to keep one & ditch one what would it be! Thank you :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Lilia [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful!

1 Like

My personal favorites are [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f], however given how a lot of these names are names you don’t see your daughter being named it’s best to leave the ones that obviously aren’t the one, and focus on the ones that might be, I think [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is perfect for you the only problem is that it’s rising in popularity, not so sure if it’s trendy yet, so I would watch out for that!

2 Likes

I vote for [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] seem like the best options for you. I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but, if you can’t see yourself with a daughter called [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], it sounds like that may not be the best choice.

Lilia is my all-time favorite, so of course I love it. And it sounds so elegant with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!
[name_u]June[/name_u] is just adorable, and a close second here. It also sounds great with the middle names, and I like the family connections behind it. I don’t think it’s odd that she wouldn’t be born in [name_u]June[/name_u], but it’s understandable that might bother you.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of these! But, after reading your pros and cons, those two seem like the best ones to consider. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on the list:

Lilia [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-It’s beautiful! I see no cons, other than [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is popular. But [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is so beautiful & more interesting than just [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I like both.

Iris [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-It’s honestly not my favorite. I just don’t like the sound of [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me…not that drastic, but just kind of screechy. I know people seem to like it.

June [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-[name_u]June[/name_u] is such a lovely, smart, simple, kind sounding classic. And it has the sweet spunky nn of [name_f]Junie[/name_f]. I don’t think a [name_u]June[/name_u] born in [name_f]February[/name_f] is weird. I actually think it’s a little cheesy to have a [name_u]June[/name_u] born in [name_u]June[/name_u]. And I wouldn’t worry about what your family thinks. They’ll fall in love w/whatever name is attached to a sweet little baby.

Sylvie [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-It sounds like you’re not as into this one. I think it’s super cute, but just seems nick-namey to me. I know that it’s a full name on its own, but I much prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like that?

Pearl [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-I think it’s lovely, elegant & glamorous. But if you don’t love it, then scrap it.

Hazel [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-See, this is different. With [name_u]June[/name_u], you just think that your family may think it’s weird for a baby, etc. But [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a specifically bad association for your mom, I wouldn’t use it. Plus, it’s kind of trendy in my opinion.

I think that it’s narrowed down to [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u]. Both great choices! Maybe the baby could pick between those two. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] second would have been named [name_u]June[/name_u] if he was a girl. And I thought about [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for this pregnancy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lilia seems like a good choice for you, but you can always wait and see what suits!

I would ditch [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] if you can’t see yourself with a daughter named [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Junie[/name_f], so I’m going to go with your [name_u]June[/name_u] combo. Sounds meaningful to you as well.

1 Like

Sounds like you know she’s [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and just need a push so here it is! The name is gorgeous and spunky, energetic and resolute.
If you can’t see yourself with a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], then [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]’s not good enough. If you’re blah on [name_f]Iris[/name_f], she’s not an [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. (I will say I think [name_u]June[/name_u] born in [name_f]February[/name_f] is okay, I honestly would only use [name_u]June[/name_u] if they didn’t have a [name_u]June[/name_u] birthday but that’s just me)

1 Like

I like [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] but I feel as if [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is the name for your daughter ! I would definitely take your top 3 to the delivery room with you

Your choices are gorgeous and I have no doubt when she’s here you will just know who she is

2 Likes

I would take [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] off your list, stunning as they are, based on your cons.

I don’t know about [name_f]Iris[/name_f] being considered trendy in the future. I can see where you’re coming from, though. I hate trendy (tied to one/a few decades) as well, but I’m pretty sure all/most of my favourites will be put in that category :confused:

Most people who have month names weren’t born in that month. Not weird at all to me!

Lilia does sound like it’s your name :wink:

2 Likes

My favourite is [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], 2nd is [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. But it really sounds like [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is the one for you!

1 Like

I know you’ve only asked for one name to keep and one name to remove but I agree with @MichelleM and @elanorelle’s assessment: I think your list does ultimately come down to [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. It has nothing to do with my own personal feelings. I think it’s evident from your own commentary. If I had my choice from [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] though, it’s [name_u]June[/name_u] I’d be fighting for.

Iris and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] can go because your feelings for them are wavering and comparably less clear or strong than the others on your list. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] doesn’t feel right for this baby. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] creates tension for your mum and when I compare this to your comments about [name_u]June[/name_u], I see the opposite—[name_u]June[/name_u] in fact honours your mum and dad.

I don’t see your concerns about [name_u]June[/name_u] as issues at all. While [name_u]June[/name_u] is the name of a calendar month, its actual meaning is derived from [name_f]Juno[/name_f] the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess and the Latin word for youth. No one name can please all, but once a name is attached to a person, it takes on a whole new meaning. Think about it this way: if you name your daughter [name_u]June[/name_u], she will probably be the first [name_u]June[/name_u] your family knows and won’t your daughter make for such a lovely association to the name!

If I’m reading your comments about [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] correctly, it sounds like you’re getting some unwanted pressure from family to name your daughter this, however well-meaning they may be and however much you may love the idea of this name. That might be part of the reason you’re not certain about her. You want it to be your decision, and here the lines are slightly blurred. I wonder if [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]’s similarity to other names is perhaps part of it too; [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] etc and the possibility that she could choose [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a nickname.

How do you feel about cutting those four names from your list? You could also privately try out each name for a week or so and see if your intuition speaks to you over that time.

4 Likes

Reading your descriptions it’s pretty clear your true love is [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. It’s beautiful, not too popular, travels really well, and your friends and family love it. Go for it! :bouquet:

I’d ditch [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] based on the descriptions above. They’re all lovely, but not every lovely name in theory is right for this baby in practice.

3 Likes

I’m not going to be much help, they are all lovely choices. I guess my faves are [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

1 Like

@seawillow @Ashleyann8 @princesspanda
& @whatchamacallit Thank you for providing your feedback!

Seawillow you honestly said what my closest friends have been saying about [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] being the one. But taking the pressure off & waiting till she’s born! I think [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is one I’m going to loose as I just don’t think that’s me.
Princesspanda this is very true about [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] having the potential to become trendy its currently in the 400s in the naming charts for [name_f]England[/name_f] & [name_m]Wales[/name_m] but I’ve seen [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] discussed a lot on nameberry which normally is a sign.

1 Like

@elanorelle & @MichelleM thank you for the detailed feedback! I think I’m in agreement with you both about [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u]. I honestly dismissed [name_u]June[/name_u] due to her being born in [name_f]February[/name_f] but I don’t see that as a major issue really.

@CandiceRFW congrats on your pregnancy & thank you for the feedback. [name_m]Ah[/name_m] thank you too @almostactually @voughtlori @lateaugust really appreciate the feedback and the encouragement over [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_u]Madison[/name_u]!

2 Likes

@Ehrob1 @futuremama @Araminty thank you I think I am also in agreement [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] does feel like the ‘one’ but I’m just not sure how committed I am too this name :woman_facepalming:t3:

@kachenka thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Honestly I really appreciate the feedback that [name_u]June[/name_u] can work for a [name_f]February[/name_f] baby along with the information concerning the history of the name [name_u]June[/name_u] makes it feel less monthy if that makes sense. Also you are right I think it’s not really the comparison with the other names like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f] etc it’s more I’m getting a lot off ‘her name is [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] it’s all sorted no point stressing anymore’ kinda reactions & I’m still uncertain. I do love [name_u]June[/name_u] as well what put me off was that she’s going to be born in [name_f]February[/name_f] but that’s becoming less of an issue the more feedback I’m receiving. I think I do agree with removing [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] as they just don’t feel right. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] don’t feel like the ‘one’ and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] causes bad memories for mum.

3 Likes

@katinka @anon68906791 @Summs
Thank you so much for your feedback. Honestly katinka & penelopw_lyson I think your right [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is most likely the ‘one’ I also appreciate the feedback about [name_u]June[/name_u] being born in [name_f]February[/name_f] being fine!

So finally thank you so so much berries for your continued support & feedback. Naming is really hard I think it doesn’t help that I am a name nerd so these endless possibilities are running around my head without any decisiveness. Also I think it’s been challenging letting go of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] so I’ve in a sense started from scratch! Anyways I think my final three are [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] which is so exciting to say eek I’m glad I’ve narrowed it down to three names! The top two are now [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u] both feel happy & so sweet thank you :tada:

3 Likes