Narrowing down the twin's names

See the results of this poll: Vote for favorite with big sister Dorothy (Dottie)

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Dorothy, Adelaide & Matilda: 5 (11%)
  • Dorothy, Annelise & Emmeline: 3 (7%)
  • Dorothy, Harriet & Matilda: 6 (14%)
  • Dorothy, Matilda & Tabitha: 4 (9%)
  • Dorothy, Lucinda & Tabitha: 2 (5%)
  • Dorothy, Eloise & Matilda: 9 (20%)
  • Dorothy, Harriet & Thomasina: 1 (2%)
  • Dorothy, Adelaide & Florence: 2 (5%)
  • Dorothy, Felicity & Matilda: 2 (5%)
  • Dorothy, Anneliese & Genevieve: 10 (23%)

I voted [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]

I gave my vote to [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Thomasina[/name] but I still really like [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: I voted for [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name], because I love how all three are spunky and strong literary characters. Yes, it’s a theme, but I don’t think it’s as overt as two floral names or two gem names. I can totally picture an [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] with your little [name]Dottie[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’ll put [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Thomasina[/name] in second place. (I love [name]Thomasina[/name]'s [name]Tamsin[/name] nickname, and because it contains “Masi,” I think [name]Maisie[/name] could be a nickname, too.)

I also love (in no particular order):

[name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] (nn [name]Flossie[/name]/Fliss and [name]Tillie[/name]?)
[name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] (but I think the others work better with [name]Dorothy[/name])
[name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] (although this wasn’t in the poll)
[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] (not in the poll)
[name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] (not in the poll) I love the nicknames [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Tillie[/name]…
[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name]

I love these names, and think your list deserves a Name Olympics gold medal! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

An Names Olympic gold medal! Wow! My husband will be so proud!

I really like your suggestion of [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Sally[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name]. I was trying to figure a way to get [name]Sally[/name] out of a name, and love the name [name]Rosalind[/name]!

An Names Olympic gold medal! Wow! My husband will be so proud!

I really like your suggestion of [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Sally[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name]. I was trying to figure a way to get [name]Sally[/name] out of a name, and love the name [name]Rosalind[/name]![/quote]

Yep! It was officially awarded to you last night. (Let me know when you’d like to take your victory lap, and I’ll cue the music!) :slight_smile:

I’m glad you liked [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name]! :slight_smile:

Are you leaning toward any particular combo from your poll?

Take care!

Not a particular combo yet. I am leaning towards [name]Matilda[/name] as one of the names, though. “[name]Matilda[/name]” the movie came on tv today, and [name]Dottie[/name] got so excited and said, “[name]Matilda[/name]! That’s my sister.” lol. I guess she has been listening to us talk about baby names. And to top it off, her movie, “[name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name]” is on right now. Sooo… maybe looking for that third name??

That’s so funny, because last night I was thinking to myself, “I really hope she goes with [name]Matilda[/name] for one of the babies.” :slight_smile: Seriously! [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] feel as though they were made for each other.

[name]Dottie[/name] said, “That’s my sister!”? That’s so adorable!

(Whenever you mention the name “[name]Lavender[/name],” I always think of “[name]Matilda[/name]” because of her friend, [name]Lavender[/name], in the movie.) :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see what you choose!

Ha! [name]Lavender[/name], yes, is in [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], and [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables. Unfortunately, she has a supporting role in all of them. :frowning: My sister and mom actually have approved of the name [name]Lavender[/name]. I am just not sure if I am brave enough to use it.

So… names that go well with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. [name]Dottie[/name] seriously loves the movie the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] cause its “hers”. So, as silly as it sounds, I think that it would be best, if baby 3 had something like that she could call hers too. Or [name]Dottie[/name] may never let them live that down.

Ha! [name]Lavender[/name], yes, is in [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], and [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables. Unfortunately, she has a supporting role in all of them. :frowning: My sister and mom actually have approved of the name [name]Lavender[/name]. I am just not sure if I am brave enough to use it.

So… names that go well with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. [name]Dottie[/name] seriously loves the movie the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] cause its “hers”. So, as silly as it sounds, I think that it would be best, if baby 3 had something like that she could call hers too. Or [name]Dottie[/name] may never let them live that down.[/quote]

There were darling [name]Eloise[/name] movies (“[name]Eloise[/name] at the Plaza” and “[name]Eloise[/name] at Christmastime”) on ABC Family several years ago (starring [name]Julie[/name] Andrews), and they seem to air both of them yearly, and I’m guessing they’re on DVD.

Let’s see…

[name]Annabelle[/name] could work thanks to [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables on DVD and the [name]Annie[/name] movies.

There’s also [name]Beatrix[/name] and the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] movie (not for kids, though).

What about [name]Charlotte[/name] from [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name]? Yeah, it’s a spider, but [name]Charlotte[/name] is a smart spider with a kind heart. (Then again, she does die…)

[name]Thomasina[/name]: I loved that Disney movie when I was little!

[name]Winifred[/name]: I’m thinking of [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh, but that may not be the best…

[name]Alice[/name]: [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland

[name]Ramona[/name]: From the [name]Ramona[/name] books. I think there was a TV series that’s now on DVD.

[name]Polly[/name]: [name]Pollyanna[/name]

[name]Mirabelle[/name]: It feels more flowery than [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but she could be “[name]Belle[/name]” from Disney.

[name]Harriet[/name]: Hariett the Spy

[name]Louisa[/name]: [name]Little[/name] Women

[name]Josephine[/name]: [name]Little[/name] Women

[name]Margaret[/name]: [name]Little[/name] Women

I don’t think it has the vintage feel has the others, but there’s [name]Sara[/name] from A [name]Little[/name] [name]Princess[/name]. (I prefer the [name]Sarah[/name] spelling, though.) You could call her [name]Sally[/name].

[name]Philippa[/name]: You could call her [name]Pippa[/name], which is close to [name]Pippi[/name] Longstocking. :slight_smile: I think there’s [name]Pippi[/name] pieces on DVD.

[name]Felicity[/name]: You could buy her the [name]Felicity[/name] DVD of The American Girl movie.

[name]Katherine[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name]): If you call her [name]Kit[/name], she can watch the [name]Kit[/name] Kittridge movie from American Girl company.

[name]Do[/name] any of these appeal to you?

[name]Eloise[/name] - I can see this one working.

[name]Annabelle[/name] - Not really a [name]Belle[/name] fan, unless its just [name]Belle[/name].

There’s also [name]Beatrix[/name] and the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] movie (not for kids, though).

[name]Charlotte[/name]- I like

[name]Thomasina[/name]: I loved that Disney movie when I was little! I love (but its a cat! lol)

[name]Alice[/name]: [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland - this could work… [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Alice[/name]

[name]Ramona[/name]: I cant get past [name]Mona[/name]… no

[name]Polly[/name]: [name]Pollyanna[/name] - I like. But may be TOO much

[name]Mirabelle[/name]: It feels more flowery than [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but she could be “[name]Belle[/name]” from Disney. - no

[name]Harriet[/name]: Hariett the Spy - possibility

[name]Felicity[/name]: You could buy her the [name]Felicity[/name] DVD of The American Girl movie. - could work. she would have her own tv show

[name]Katherine[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name]): not going to use [name]Katherine[/name] name.

[name]Adelaide[/name] - [name]Heidi[/name] reference. I still like [name]Adelaide[/name].

Also, [name]Scarlett[/name] - [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]?

I love so many of these!

It sounds like your favorites are:

[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Thomasina[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] (I temporarily forgot about the [name]Heidi[/name] connection!) :slight_smile:

With [name]Polly[/name], I was thinking of it as a potential nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]. I know of some Margarets called [name]Molly[/name], and because [name]Polly[/name] is a version of [name]Molly[/name], I thought it may work. But, like you said, it’s a lot to live up to.

I love [name]Scarlett[/name], but I’m thinking that while the other two names, [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], represent perky children, [name]Scarlett[/name] was a dramatic adult.

Your [name]Dorothy[/name] must get such a kick out of sharing her name with [name]Dorothy[/name] from The [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name]! [name]How[/name] fun! :slight_smile:

To add to the above, you should totally rent those [name]Eloise[/name] movies! I watched them one day last year when they were on TV, and it made me fall in love with the name. [name]Eloise[/name] was portrayed as a darling, perky, bright child. :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] would be ADORABLE! :slight_smile:

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - too popular??
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] or [name]Harriett[/name] or [name]Harriette[/name] or [name]Hariette[/name] or Hariett?
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Thomasina[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

I love these! :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Adelaide[/name]: Your original favorite. :slight_smile: [name]Will[/name] she mind that her movie won’t contain her actual name? I do love this…

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Alice[/name]: I love this so much! :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] - too popular??: Yes, it’s popular, but it doesn’t feel trendy to me. I think the [name]Lottie[/name] nickname is too close to [name]Dottie[/name], though, but think the [name]Charlie[/name] option is still cute. I think that some of your other combos work better with the more vintage [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name].

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name]: I really love this, too! Would you call her [name]Flossie[/name]? [name]Dottie[/name], Tille, and [name]Flossie[/name]?

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Harriet[/name]: I’m used to the [name]Harriet[/name] spelling. I really like this, too. :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Scarlett[/name]: I love all three names, but [name]Scarlett[/name] doesn’t feel as vintage/cool clunky and the others.

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Thomasina[/name]: I think this is darling!

[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Tabitha[/name]: I like it, but don’t love it as much as some of the others like [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], and [name]Thomasina[/name].

Which of the above names would you most love on yourself?

I too [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] :slight_smile:

That is an excellent question.

For me, I think I would like to be a [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name].
Before [name]Dottie[/name] was born, I wanted to name her [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] for a long time. I had a change of heart a few weeks before she was born in order to honor a family member. I think for me, strong, classic names that can be dressed up or down work. Girls name, but can be in a suit, an artist, a tomboy, out on the town or on the couch.

My husband would prefer the nn [name]Mattie[/name] for [name]Matilda[/name]. Thats his compromise I guess for having 3 daughters. :slight_smile: [name]Charlotte[/name], nn [name]Charlie[/name] would work great, but we have 2 cousins named [name]Charlie[/name] (one of the reasons I went for [name]Dorothy[/name]).

[name]Adelaide[/name], I still love. I think [name]Heidi[/name]'s full name was [name]Adelaide[/name], so we might be able to get by with that.

I don’t think I am firey enough to pull off [name]Scarlett[/name], though I wish I could. The twins will be born under a fire sign though!

I went with the my gut, [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]. I think they really go well together and sound like sisters. You have some really lovely names picked out but I liked these best for siblings.