Narrowing down the Unique but not Weird Boy name list

Ok, I have narrowed down my list trying to find a strong boy name that isn’t super popular/common these days and goes with brother’s name [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]. But we still need HELP! What ranks highest for you and why? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have another suggestion that fits with our style?

Currently listed in rank order:

Brooks
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] (possible nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or [name_u]Beck[/name_u])
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] (possible nn [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_m]Wells[/name_m])
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

Quickly falling from the list are [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Archer[/name_u]

Finn goes well with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]!

If you are looking for a unique name I would not go with [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. I know about 10 Finns who are school aged.
I really like [name_u]Reid[/name_u] or [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I love allll of these names!! Totally my style too!
But if looking for uncommon- [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] & [name_u]Max[/name_u] are not a good fit - I’d say they’re all very popular right now.

I love [name_u]Reid[/name_u] & [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]! [name_u]Reid[/name_u] goes with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] in that it’s one syllable, strong & similar in that’s its familiar but less used. [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] has that same O sound and is super handsome but also rising in popularity.

Good luck!

Brooks - Unusual, yes, but I feel like I’m seeing it everywhere. I predict that this will be one of the trendy names of the 2020s.
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] - Popular, but so cute, and I love it with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]!
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] - This one does nothing for me, and I don’t like any of the nicknames. But it does sound cute with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]!
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] - In theory this one is popular, and it’s more classic than your other picks, but it’s not one I hear very often. I like how it pairs with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m], as well.
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] - I think the one-syllable-ends-with-D thing is too matchy.
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] (possible nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or [name_u]Beck[/name_u]) - Rising in popularity, but the nicknames make it stand out a bit more.
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - I love this name, and it’s underused in my opinion. I don’t love it with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m], but it’s beautiful on its own.
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] (possible nn [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_m]Wells[/name_m]) - Similar to [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], I love this one, but not crazy about the sibset.
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u] - I think [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] is just the sweetest name, and a great pair with big brother.

If I were choosing for you, I think I’d go for [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] would be runner ups.

I prefer [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] over [name_u]Finn[/name_u].
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] make a nice brother match

Finn and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] are both great!

My favorites are [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!

I love these! Such a wonderful list! [name_u]Reid[/name_u] and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] are my favorites!

From your list:

• Boyd and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
  • Boyd and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

Potential others:

• Boyd and [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
  • Boyd and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
  • Boyd and [name_m]Raylen[/name_m]
  • Boyd and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
  • Boyd and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
  • Boyd and [name_m]Dennis[/name_m]

Jonas feels perfect

Hayes, [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] and [name_m]Colt[/name_m] came to mind

Hi there.

Nice list!

Here are my favorite to least favorite rankings & thoughts-

Nolan-I love [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]. It’s kind of outdoorsy, baseball player-y (love that!) sleek, gentle yet masculine. It’s well known, & not too popular. I wouldn’t say it’s unique though. Super cute w/Boyd.

Finn-This is on my personal top favorite list too just after [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]. It’s so sporty & witty, simple & polished. Like [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], it’s not way over done, but not unique either. Either way, it’s great w/Boyd.

Luke-This one is actually quite popular, but a super handsome name. It’s sophisticated yet cowboy-y too. Nice w/Boyd, I think.

Maxwell-[name_u]Max[/name_u] is super popular too, but I really love it. It’s just charming, spunky yet sophisticated. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] in more unique for sure. I just prefer [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] personally. [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] & [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] are darling.

Harrison-This is nice. I kind of like it more in theory than actually how it sounds if that makes sense. It’s just long next to [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]. I love the nn [name_m]Hank[/name_m]!

Beckett-I don’t really like [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] or [name_u]Beck[/name_u] much, but they’re okay. [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] & [name_u]Beck[/name_u] are kind of too cutesy. [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] & [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are fantastic though.

Jonas-I adore [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], & I want to like [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]. It just reminds me of [name_m]Jones[/name_m] though, which is just a bland last name in my opinion. It’s still interesting. [name_m]Way[/name_m] less common than [name_u]Jonah[/name_u].

Reid-A little boring in my opinion, & kind of close to [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]. But it’s not awful.

Brooks-I don’t care for it , but I can’t pinpoint why. Maybe a bit match-y w/Boyd too.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]. I don’t consider them too matchy.

I would say to go with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m], the best would be:

Finn (:heart_eyes:)
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] (:heart_eyes:)
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Reid[/name_u] and [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] with your oldest son’s name. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Archer[/name_u] are very handsome and interesting as well.
I adore the name [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], but it doesn’t feel like a perfect match to [name_m]Boyd[/name_m], I think.
I’m not sure if [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] are as unique as you’re looking for.

Your list is amazing!

With brother Boyd I quite like the sounds of Nolan, Finn, Jonas, and Maxwell.

Not as keen on Boyd and Beckett, but I do like the sound of Boyd and Kit!

Some suggestions:
Boyd & Porter
Boyd & Rhys
Boyd & Clark
Boyd & Duncan
Boyd & Arlo
Boyd & Preston
Boyd & Rigby
Boyd & Nyle
Boyd & Vance
Boyd & Ferris
Boyd & Rory
Boyd & Clive
Boyd & Dexter
Boyd & Orson
Boyd & Laszlo
Boyd & Fisk
Boyd & Ronan
Boyd & Keith (another option to get to Kit if you don’t think you can use it as a formal name)
Boyd & Darby
Boyd & Fletcher
Boyd & Murdoch
Boyd & Hugh
Boyd & Russel
Boyd & Dean
Boyd & Callum
Boyd & Cedric
Boyd & Waylon
Boyd & Roger
Boyd & Derek/Dirk
Boyd & Jules
Boyd & Ash/Ashe
Boyd & Maxfield
Boyd & Lochlan/Lachlan
Boyd & Flynn
Boyd & Ellis
Boyd & Clay
Boyd & Vaughn
Boyd & Desmond
Boyd & Seth
Boyd & Mack
Boyd & Eckhart/Eckhardt
Boyd & Piers/Pierce

Brooks and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] are my top 2! Both great names and sound nice with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m]. Although [name_u]Archer[/name_u] is a personal favorite, so I have to add that one as well!

love Boyd!

From your list I like Nolan and Jonas.
I like the suggestion of Dexter!

What about:
Darwin
Neil
Baxter
Oslo
Cecil
Palmer
Silas
Cyrus
Ned

My vote is for [name_u]Nolan[/name_u]. Such a sweet name and goes well with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m].

Brooks goes well with [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] in my opinion. I also like [name_u]Reid[/name_u] too.