Natalia for Christamastime babies only?

I like this name (a sister for [name]Eva[/name]) – but it means ‘born at [name]Christmas[/name]’ and I am wondering, should the name be limited to babies born in Dec? [name]How[/name] many people realize what it means?

I think that if you like it, go for it, no matter the time of year. I know what it means but my family speaks some Italian ([name]Natale[/name] is [name]Christmas[/name] in Italian). It personally doesn’t bother me if the child is not born at [name]Christmas[/name].

oh you can totally use it any time of year! I grew up with a [name]Natalie[/name] born in [name]August[/name], and no one ever thought that was weird.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] - and I really don’t think that most people would say it is only a [name]Christmas[/name] time baby name. Go for it :slight_smile:

I totally agree! Natalies (and all variations) are born year round. :slight_smile: [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] is a lovely combo!

Go for it! I don’t think people associate names with their meanings anymore. I would use this name but it’s too similar to my own - which also mean’s [name]Christmas[/name] born, and I was born in [name]June[/name]!! Fab name. Good luck.

I agree with the pps! I don’t think that the time of year she’s born is an issue when naming a daughter [name]Natalia[/name] - just as Junes aren’t all born in [name]June[/name] or Pascales born around easter

[name]Natalia[/name] is too good a name to be limited to [name]Christmas[/name] babies!