Natalie or Colette?

Which do you prefer?

I love them both yet [name]Natalie[/name] seems a bit on the safe side while [name]Colette[/name] feels a bit out there!

They’re both really pretty. I prefer [name]Colette[/name], but I love [name]Tillie[/name] as a nn for [name]Natalie[/name].

They are both great names, I would go with [name]Natalie[/name] personally but then my taste for myself is just fairly conservative. I’d love to meet a little [name]Colette[/name]! They actually combine really well! I think [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Colette[/name] has somewhat better rhythm than [name]Colette[/name] [name]Natalie[/name], but either could work.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Natalia[/name] to make [name]Natalie[/name] a little more exotic?

I also really like [name]Colette[/name] as a nickname for [name]Nicole[/name] or [name]Nicola[/name], if you find either of those “safer” but still more interesting than [name]Natalie[/name]. [name]Nicole[/name] is maybe mildly dated but to my ears it’s one of those names like [name]Amy[/name] or [name]Amanda[/name], where it is more prevalent on women in their late 20s/early 30s but still OK for a baby.

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Natalie[/name]. I feel like it’s a stronger name and more likeable. [name]Colette[/name] seems kind of dainty and girly and a little old-fashioned. It’s not as versatile as [name]Natalie[/name]. And I also think that [name]Natalie[/name] is an ageless name, whereas I can only picture [name]Colette[/name] on an old lady.

I like both names. It would be fun to meet a [name]Colette[/name], but I’ve always loved [name]Natalie[/name]. Go with the one that delights you the most.

[name]Natalie[/name] is definitely more safe than [name]Colette[/name].

If I met a [name]Natalie[/name] I’d smile, but if I met a [name]Colette[/name] I’d be more wowed.

Depends on what you want, a steady pretty common like, or a more wowable, and riskyish name. :slight_smile:
Have you thought about [name]Nicolette[/name]?

I’ve met a [name]Colette[/name] and a lot of [name]Natalie[/name]'s. I’ve never met a [name]Natalie[/name] that wasn’t a spoiled, awful brat, and the [name]Colette[/name] I had in my group was the sweetest, most helpful and artistic little girl I’ve known.

That of course colors my vision of the names, but I do prefer [name]Colette[/name] because it’s fresher, more unique, and prettier to me.

I like [name]Colette[/name] much more.
[name]Natalie[/name] is ok. I wouldn’t use it but I don’t dislike it. Very meh imo.
I do prefer it over [name]Natalia[/name].

[name]Colette[/name] is spunky & bright & makes me think of a unique and creative girl…I actually imagine [name]Claudine[/name] really!

I am very partial to [name]Natalie[/name]/[name]Nathalie[/name].

I love both of these names. For me, [name]Natalie[/name] is a bit too popular, but that’s a personal preference. I adore [name]Colette[/name] (and had it on my list but my husband nixed it, alas). On sound alone I’d say [name]Natalie[/name] gets a slight edge, but the popularity problem pushes it in the other direction for me…