Nathaniel and Esme?

Our son is Nathaniel Isaac- both honor names. They’re of course both biblical, and common, although Nathaniel is below the top 100. We are expecting a girl and will likely name her Esme Marielle- honor names for Esther and Marion. Neither of our choices are biblical or common in the real world. What are your honest opinions? If you met siblings named Nathaniel and Esme, would you think they go or find it a weird match? Thanks for any feedback!!

I love your son’s name! I personally wouldn’t find [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] a weird match, I think they work well together.

1 Like

I don’t find them an odd match. However, I LOVE [name_f]Esther[/name_f] with Nathaniel!! Both are soft yet strong. [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is such a lovely name! [name_f]Esther[/name_f] Marielle-beautiful!

1 Like

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] sound great together. I also agree with the comment above that you could also use [name_f]Esther[/name_f] in full. You have lots of good options!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] work great together!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is very handsome. And [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] is stunning! I don’t know that [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is the first name that I’d pair w/Nathaniel, because they’re sort of different styles. But I don’t think that they clash at all. Being slightly different styles shouldn’t really be a deal breaker. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] is too lovely to pass up. Although I do quite like [name_f]Esther[/name_f] w/Nathaniel too if you wanted to keep w/the family name tradition. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Estella[/name_f] are also beautiful choices.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice choices for both kids! I think many people have different tastes in boy and girl names so it wouldn’t strike me as odd to meet a sibset such as [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f]

2 Likes

Your son’s name is lovely and I think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] works well

1 Like

I do think [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] match. I think they sound good together :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think as names [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] match in theory.

Some thoughts:

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] kind of sound the same.

Where you say both children’s names are made up of “honor names” my one thought on how it could seem “weird” is [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] is supposed to honor [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and Marion. But the honors aren’t obvious / direct honors (Ex. [name_f]Esther[/name_f] for Esther) I would say if [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is made up of obvious / direct honors (Ex. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] for Isaac) that’s where it might look weird. In that instance I agree with above posters that say [name_f]Esther[/name_f] or [name_u]Marion[/name_u] swapped in would sound and look great next to your son

All in all, I know you’ve put a lot of thought into this so at the end of the day go with what you love!

1 Like

I think you have a winner! They are great together.

1 Like

They are not the most cohesive match but both your sons name and daughter’s name are lovely in their own right.

2 Likes

They sound great as a set! Maybe not the most expected, but it’s not like you’re considering [name_u]James[/name_u] and Jupiter. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] isn’t very common, but I think it’s a pretty well-known, recognizable name.

I also think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] for [name_u]Marian[/name_u] are very clear honor names. I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] personally, so if I were in your shoes I would jump at the chance to use it as an honor :slight_smile: but sounds like you’ve landed on something you love that’s meaning and makes a beautiful combo. Congrats!

1 Like

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is so sweet and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] go great together!

1 Like

[name_m]Nate[/name_m] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] are the cutest siblings. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] is adorable and since her initials are EM, you can call her [name_f]Em[/name_f], Ems, or [name_f]Emme[/name_f] but I like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] alone too!!

1 Like