Nathaniel Zane?

Playing around with some [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] combos and am really liking [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m] at the moment. [name_m]Zane[/name_m] would honor 3 Johns on SO’s side. Not too keen on using [name_m]John[/name_m] itself though since there are already so many in the family plus we kinda like indirect/subtle connections to honor names

Thoughts on [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]?

5 Likes

i like it a lot! the flow is great and both names are very handsome

1 Like

A very handsome combination! However, unless your family members are name enthusiasts, I wonder if they’ll see the connection between [name_m]John[/name_m] & [name_m]Zane[/name_m]? Especially since [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is a possible variation of [name_m]John[/name_m].
Maybe [name_m]Johnny[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m].
I have a nephew named [name_m]Jenson[/name_m], after grandfather [name_m]John[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] family found it a stretch for an honor name, but I thought it was a wonderful indirect connection.

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is great! [name_m]Zane[/name_m] adds something fresh and flows really well with the lovely [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

I love it! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is one of my favorite names and [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is a great middle name for it, and even better because it honors family.

1 Like

Very good point! We are ok with it not being specifically honorific (if that makes sense); we would probably just explain it like “we just really liked [name_m]Zane[/name_m] and then saw it’s a possible variation of [name_m]John[/name_m] and the family connection sealed the deal!” We’ve also considered using [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (I posted another thread about that) and [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] as middles to honor [name_m]John[/name_m] as well. [name_u]Jay[/name_u] is still on the table but there are already 2 little Jackson’s in SO’s family so I think we will bypass using that one even though it’s a handsome choice.

It’s handsome and fun!

1 Like