Need a boys name beginning with C

We have twins, [name]Cassandra[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name]) and [name]Chester[/name] ([name]Chet[/name]), and if this baby is a girl we’re pretty settled on [name]Cora[/name]. For a boy, we’re considering
[name]Calvin[/name]- it was my hubby’s suggestion, and I love it, but now he’s
not sure about it
[name]Clete[/name]- we really like it, we’re just not sure it’s THE NAME
[name]Corbin[/name]- I don’t think my hubby loves it. I like it, but I’m worried
that it might be too trendy

I know a lot of people don’t like sibs to have matching initials, but inadvertently ended up with our two children both having names beginning with c (although different sounds) and so we do want to continue it.

Our last name is 3 syllables beginning with car, emphasis on the middle syllable, and ending with ee.

I would like a name that’s easy to pronounce and spell, and is clearly male. Any suggestions?

[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Conal[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Craig[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Claude[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]

I like [name]Calvin[/name], and [name]Corbin[/name] is nice too. I only know one little [name]Corbin[/name] myself, so it doesn’t seem overwhelmingly popular to me.

I knew a man named [name]Cecil[/name] once, if I was choosing a boy’s c- name, it would definitely be [name]Cecil[/name].

That doesn’t seem to be to be your style, though. I also really like [name]Cole[/name].

Others:
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]

Going by my own list of C names for boys, these are the ones I like the most with [name]Cassandra[/name] and [name]Chester[/name] (and [name]Cora[/name]):
[name]Caius[/name]
[name]Carlisle[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Conall[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Constantin[/name]

Of the ones you like, I prefer the sound of [name]Calvin[/name]. [name]Corbin[/name] just never sounded nice to me, I think it might be the ‘bi’ part, but I’ll probably never know. [name]Clete[/name] is okay, but I thought it was a girls name at first… ([name]Silly[/name] me has no clue!)
I do think that [name]Calvin[/name] is a bit dull though, so I personally wouldn’t choose it…
I think I like [name]Constantin[/name], [name]Carlisle[/name] and [name]Clement[/name] the most of the ones I listed, [name]Constantin[/name] because he matches [name]Cassandra[/name]'s length and is an awesome name, [name]Carlisle[/name] because he’s stylistically similar and lovely and [name]Clement[/name] because he’s unexpected, vintage and doesn’t have an R in him (along with [name]Constantin[/name]). I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Chester[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] all have R in them along with the common initial. I think a break from another pattern would be a good thing, even though I do love [name]Carlisle[/name] with the sibset :slight_smile:

Best of luck on narrowing it down! ^^

[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Caden[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Cane[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Casey[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Chance[/name]
[name]Chad[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Collin[/name]

I love [name]Calvin[/name]. Very fresh and unexpected. [name]Corbin[/name] is nice as well, though very trendy. I do not like [name]Clete[/name], and foresee it as a source of teasing when your son gets older. Maybe you would like [name]Clint/name, [name]Clyde[/name] or [name]Claude[/name] which have similar sounds. Also, [name]Clete[/name] is from the greek [name]Cletus[/name], so maybe another greek C name would work, like [name]Cadmus[/name] (Cad?), Caerus or [name]Castor[/name]. Some others that could work:

[name]Conal[/name] / [name]Connell[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Cian[/name] (prn. like KEE-an)
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name]
[name]Cecil[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Clifton[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]/[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Chadwick[/name]
[name]Chauncey[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Cannon[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Callahan[/name]
[name]Craig[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Colm[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]

what about [name]Carter[/name] or [name]Cohen[/name]?

I really like [name]Corbin[/name].
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Clifford[/name]

I really like the name [name]Cole[/name], but I think [name]Corbin[/name] might fit with the other names a little better, but either one I think would be a great choice.

From your list I would choose [name]Calvin[/name].

I would choose [name]Colby[/name] over just [name]Cole[/name] if I wanted [name]Cole[/name] as a nn as it matches better with [name]Chester[/name].

I like [name]Cade[/name] or [name]Caden[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] would go beautifully with all your children’s names, beautifully, that would be my final choice considering the sibset.

[name]Cecil[/name]
[name]Cyril[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Cato[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Carl[/name]
[name]Claudius[/name]
[name]Conall[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]