Need a first name!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,
My husband, my daughter and I have just started our quest to find the perfect name for our new baby girl, but are having trouble agreeing on any names!
We have settled on a middle name, to honor my husbands grandmother [name]Olive[/name]- depending on the first name we decide on, the middle name will be [name]Olive[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name] (whichever fits better).
My name is Laski (though most people call me [name]Kiki[/name]), my husband’s name is [name]Alexander[/name] ([name]Alex[/name]) and my daughter’s name is [name]Clemency[/name].
Having a name that is unheard of (pretty much made up), that can only be rarely found, but as a boy name, I want my daughter to have a name which is well established and easy to spell and pronounce. I am aware of the issues with having an overly common name as well, and would like to avoid a name which is too common.

We all tried to come up with our top five names and here were the results:
Mine:
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]

[name]Alex[/name]:
[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]

[name]Clem[/name]:
Blanchefleur (not sure where she got this from!)
Lillybelle
[name]Freddie[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]

Which of these particularly appeal to you?
Are there any you hate?
Can you suggest any names that might appeal to all of us?

Sorry this was so long and thankyou for reading! Hopefully some of you might be able to help!

My favorites from each of your lists are:
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]

I think some of your options are a bit common in comparison to [name]Clemency[/name]. Did you want another less common, vintagey sounding name like her name or do you want something more common? [name]Clemency[/name] is pretty and I prefer it to [name]Clementine[/name] (there are alot of fans for that name here).

Did you want another “virtue” name? My favorite is [name]Patience[/name] (w/ [name]Patty[/name] as a nn). I also like [name]Constance[/name], but I don’t know if you’d like another “C” name.

[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Olive[/name] sounds great w/ [name]Clemency[/name] in my opinon.

Other names that you might like:
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]/[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Gwenevere[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]

[name]Clemency[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are a lovely pairing. They sound like sisters. The other names I like from the lists are [name]Lilah[/name] and [name]Tallulah[/name]. Your names choice of [name]Evi[/name] would be a great nickname for [name]Evangeline[/name]. Here are some other suggestions.
[name]Virtue[/name] Names
Solace (my fav)
Lovejoy
Hopestill
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]

Other options
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Altair[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Galilee[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Mavis[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Undine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Thankyou for helping!
I adopted [name]Clemency[/name] when she was a baby so I didn’t actually choose her name myself, though I have always loved it and never considered changing it. Her name really suits her and I’m hoping that her sisters name will be just as perfect!
[name]Virtue[/name] names are not really my style, to be honest it was a while before I realised [name]Clemency[/name] actually was one! Some I would consider using are Solace, [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Joy[/name], as they are pretty and name-sounding (if that makes sense).

I love the way [name]Tallulah[/name] looks and sounds and I really think it is a great name, but I just can’t imagine it on a person of my age. I’ll keep trying becuase it is one of my husband’s favourites and I can see the appeal, especially [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Olive[/name]!

Some of the names suggested so far that I like are:
[name]Aurelia[/name]- though I’m not sure if it would feel right given that we aren’t French and to me this is a very French name.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- could use the [name]Evie[/name] nickname, though I’m not a fan of [name]Gen[/name].
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]- love the nickname [name]Aggie[/name]!
[name]Ophelia[/name]-a bit too [name]Shakespeare[/name]?
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]- though it is very common at the moment in my area
[name]Victoria[/name]- nicknames?
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]- maybe a bit masculine?
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]- I’ve always liked it but my Mum says it’s a cow’s name!
[name]Maude[/name]- maybe
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]- this is quite common as well (in my area)

Sorry this post is getting so long but I just thought I’d mention, it seems like my husband likes nicknamey cute names, whilst I like more traditional names. So we are thinking the perfect name would either be a combination of thsese (something like [name]Tallulah[/name]) or a traditional name with a cute nickname. Hopefully the right name is out there somewhere!

From all the lists my favourites are:

[name]Matilda[/name] (nn [name]Milly[/name], [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Matty[/name]?)
[name]Flora[/name] (nn [name]Flo[/name], [name]Flossie[/name]?) - Have you considered [name]Florence[/name]?
[name]Gabrielle[/name] (nn [name]Gabby[/name])
[name]Adelaide[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name])
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]

I think my top two with Clemecy would have to be [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] :slight_smile:

Good [name]Luck[/name]!