Need a FN that has "Knox" as a NN

My maiden name is “[name]Knox[/name]” I always intended to use it until it became so popular. Now I am looking for a name I can use in place of [name]Knox[/name] that can still have knox as a NN. I have thought of [name]Lennox[/name] but I’m not completely sold on that. [name]Do[/name] you have any ideas?

[name]Lennox[/name] is a great way to get to Knox!

I love [name]Lennox[/name]! I would love to see that get used, but, honestly, it seems to me that [name]Lennox[/name] is more used than [name]Knox[/name]! I’ve rarely come across it on its own, even in suggestions. I think I’ve seen it twice, really–[name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]'s son, and a member on here has a little [name]Knox[/name], I think. Is it really that popular?!

The only other option I can think of off-hand is [name]Phoenix[/name], nn [name]Knox[/name].

[name]Phoenix[/name] is a great option, [name]Ash[/name]!

[name]Lennox[/name] is really cool. Another one that’s more unusual is Equinox.

Tricky one. I can’t think of any apart from [name]Lennox[/name]. Equinox is an interesting suggestion by the pp. If I were you I’d just use [name]Knox[/name], especially as it is a family name.

I’ve never met a [name]Knox[/name] [name]IRL[/name], just heard of the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] one. (But she used one of my favorite family names, too, and I’m just gonna use it anyway.) I don’t think [name]Knox[/name] is popular at all; it’s rising, certainly, but was only ranked around 457 in 2010. As a point of comparison, there were more boys named [name]Gunner[/name], [name]Titus[/name], and [name]Leonel[/name] (that spelling) than boys named [name]Knox[/name] born in 2010; [name]Knox[/name] is hanging out with [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Justice[/name], and [name]Lawrence[/name]. I think [name]Knox[/name]'s being a family name and really meaningful would win my vote as a first name.

But if you do want to cut the number of kids with your son’s name, I really like [name]Lennox[/name], too. It is in the high 900s. You might also pick a name starting with a No- (or a Kno-) and follow it with [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Oxford[/name], maybe even [name]Felix[/name], etc. [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Felix[/name]? [name]North[/name] [name]Maddox[/name]?

The only think I can really think of if [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Maddox[/name], Oxley… Honestly, I’ve never met or even heard of a [name]Knox[/name] so it can’t be that popular. Why not just use it?

I think [name]Knox[/name] is best on its own. Short, sweet, and lively :smiley: