Need a fresh perspective for Baby Boy #2

Hubs and I have already decided on [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]) for our second son’s first name. We are having a bit of trouble settling on middle name for the little guy. Big brother’s name is [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is already kind of a mouthful next to that, so we kind of want to avoid a long middle, so the sibset isn’t completely off balance. I feel like we’ve been through about every name we can think of and we have some combos that we like, but nothing that we’re 100% in love with.

The short list:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] (The front-runner, but I grew up in the hometown of jazz singer [name_m]Ted[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]. There’s a park named after him. I don’t live there anymore, but I can’t shake the association.)

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] ([name_m]Edward[/name_m] is my brother’s middle name, but my husband made a joke about his name being Tedward and it ruined everything.)

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] (I love [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women and am completely ok with this homage, but I’m worried about that whole “too much name” business.)

[name_f]Do[/name_f] those grab anybody? Any suggestions? I feel like we need a new set of eyes here.

Hmm…
I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] I also love the female variation of [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] as well.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] - I love this combination! The name feels so bluesy and strong. It’s such a romantic choice. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is a strong name that works well with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. The whole name is effortless. Yes there is the jazz singer association but I think that’s a great association!! [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] is amazing style of music and I love that association and it’s bring connotations of your home-town what’s not to love.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] - Okay this is a great combination, but not as awesome as [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is a strong classic choice that works well with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] because [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is another strong classic name. But together the combination feels a little skew-whiff. The flow is awkward.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - I’m not keen on [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] there’s something totally unappealing about this choice. This combination is far too long combined with [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m].

Suggestions:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]’
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m] - ‘[name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]’

I immediately thought of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] – a classic, one-syllable middle to go with [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]. I also really like the last poster’s suggestion of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u]. Of the combos you posted, I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is a wonderful combination, but does end up sounding like a bit of a mouthful next to [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], as does [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u].