Need a full name for Joy!

Our daughter is a week old now so we really need to confirm her name!!!
We have been calling her [name]Joy[/name] and it really seems to be sticking but we haven’t been able to agree on what her full name should be.

At the moment these are our options:
1.[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name](but still call her [name]Joy[/name])
2.[name]Joy[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] (doesn’t quite seem to flow to me)
3.[name]Joy[/name] _______ - any ideas for a different middle name?
4.A longer name nicknamed [name]Joy[/name], probably [name]Josephine[/name]?

I would go for [name]Joy[/name] as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name] (or [name]Jolene[/name], [name]Joanne[/name], [name]Joan[/name]) or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] (although that reminds me of [name]Serena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] from “A Handmaids Tale”, but that is TOTALLY a personal problem for me, not you)

I agree with the pp my fave’s would be either [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name]

I really like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joy[/name] as well… but is it ok to call her by her middle name?

I immediately thought of [name]Josephine[/name] when I saw this, and I’m glad you like that too! [name]Joy[/name] would be a great nickname for it.

I prefer [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Joy[/name].

I also prefer [name]Joy[/name] as a nn for a longer name. If you like [name]Josephine[/name], I think it’s perfect! [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], perhaps?

I think [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] would be perfect.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] nn [name]Joy[/name] would be gorgeous but if not I think it’s fine to call her by her middle name. My mum, my grandad, two uncles and two cousins all go by middles for one reason or another and I don’t think it’s a big deal. But my mum does get annoyed when people who’ve only seen her name on paper call her by her first name, which to her is how we’d feel if someone called us by our middles! Good luck :slight_smile:

I go by my middle name, and while it’s totally no big deal, it’s enough of a pain for me to cast my vote in the [name]Josephine[/name] hat.

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] ____ is a good name; here’s some other mn suggestions, in case you want them. I’d go with a one-syllable-er as [name]Josephine[/name] is quite long (obviously)

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

I love [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Joy[/name]! What a wonderful idea - and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] flows very well if you would like to keep [name]Ruby[/name].

It’s perfectly fine to go by a middle name. My dad actually goes by a nickname of his middle name!

I like [name]Joy[/name] as a full name, but [name]Josephine[/name] is a lovely name.