Need a Hand, Berries!

Hello berries! I think I’ve finally picked out my favorite boys name- or at least narrowed it down to two that are really close! It’s between

[name]Levi[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Makai[/name]
and
[name]Jameson[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Makai[/name]

So now I’m trying to pick out a girls name! I like [name]Lydia[/name], but [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] might sound a little strange together. I also like [name]Caroline[/name]. But beyond that, I haven’t the first clue about girls names! With boys names I had so many to sort through, but with girls names I cant find many I even like. I like cute and girly, but not frilly like [name]Genevieve[/name] or anything. As you can see from my boys names, I like classics. But I’m trying to find a classic that still feels fresh, but not overused. Maybe even a beachy feel. [name]Marley[/name] is kind of cool. I also really love [name]Kate[/name] but I cant use it. Help please?!

Not completely sure what you’re after so here’s my list (I like reasonably unfluffy classics too) + a few other ideas to start!:
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]

Like any?

[name]Rachel[/name]

Here are the ones I like -

[name]Victoria[/name]- love this style name but someone in my family with a not so great reputation used it for their kid, so I wouldn’t use it because of that. I also dont like ‘[name]Vicky[/name]’- sounds like icky.
[name]Hannah[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] this name, but its the name of one of my best friends! Would use it if it wasn’t for that.
[name]Sophie[/name]- Again, I love this name, but my good friend used it for her dog. I still can’t get over that.
[name]Lucy[/name]- cute, and a possibility.
[name]Julia[/name]- love it, but i know too many of them
[name]Natalie[/name]- I like [name]Natalia[/name] a lot
[name]Nadia[/name]- Loovvveee [name]Nadia[/name] but can’t use this one either because of bad connections.

Thanks so far, keep em coming!

What about…

[name]Katia[/name] could be a substitute for [name]Kate[/name]?
[name]Angela[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Bridgette[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these? A lot of them are the siblings of people I know with the names you said you liked :slight_smile:

OK! [name]Glad[/name] you liked some of that lot! Here’s some more ideas (sorry if I overlap on my previous list):
[name]Naida[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Kyra[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Anita[/name]
[name]Chana[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Tahlia[/name]/[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]

Any good?

[name]Rachel[/name]

Thanks to both of you so far! There were a few names I liked- a lot of them seemed a little more dated than classic- names that were popular in the 80’s and 90’s rather than names with a timeless feel. Here were the ones I liked.

[name]Sydney[/name]- love sydney, hate syd. so for that reason, i dont think I could go with this one.
[name]Amelia[/name]- I like [name]Mia[/name] as a nickname, and [name]Amelia[/name] has that timeless feel, but it kind of reminds me of oatmeal for some reason.
[name]Anna[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Anna[/name] and I think I’ll use it as a middle name.
[name]Bridgette[/name]- I’ve actually been thinking about this one lately. I’m not sure if it sounds too harsh for my taste. But It’s definitley a possibility.
[name]Ariana[/name]- My other good friends name, so even though i love it, i wouldnt use it.
[name]Lillian[/name]- [name]Lillian[/name] reminds me of an old lady, but I like the nickname [name]Lily[/name]!
[name]Chloe[/name]- This is a name that I used to [name]LOVE[/name] when I was in elementary school. I believe I named one of my favorite dolls [name]Chloe[/name]. Someone in my family just used it for their baby.

So you’re getting a little warmer as to my taste in names!

What about [name]Emilia[/name] as an alternative to [name]Amelia[/name]?

Still trying to figure out your style…
Maybe try some vintage??!
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]

Here’s a few names which have meanings related to the sea:
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Meriel[/name]
[name]Meryl[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Morgana[/name]
[name]Narissa[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]/[name]Rosemarie[/name]

Any good? [name]Rachel[/name] x

[name]Emilia[/name] is pronounced the same way right? I think its the ‘meal’ sound that gets me. Plus everyone would mispell it, I’m sure.

[name]Evelyn[/name]- Have always liked the name [name]Evelyn[/name], but im getting to know more and more of them!
[name]Georgia[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgia[/name]. but my name is [name]Savannah[/name], so I’m thinking that would be a little strange, right? ‘I’m [name]Savannah[/name], and this is my daughter [name]Georgia[/name].’ I don’t live in the south and have never even been to the deep south, so I think people might get the wrong idea? I dont know!

[name]Just[/name] so you get an idea of my style- here are names i like but dont love, cant use, or i am considering but unsure of [I included boys names too, just for the sake of style ideas]-

[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Will[/name]

Also, I’ve noticed that I seem to [name]LOVE[/name] girls names that end in an ‘uh’ sound or have a nn that ends in and ‘ee’ sound. For example: [name]Savannah[/name] and Savi, [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Lydie[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Calie[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Natty[/name].

Sorry, I know I am so picky!!!

No additional name ideas, but I know of several Victorias that go by “[name]Tory[/name]” ([name]Tori[/name], [name]Torrie[/name], etc) not [name]Vicky[/name]–and .one that always goes by [name]Victoria[/name].

Hm thats interesting! Maybe if I could avoid all nicknames… I don’t like [name]Tori[/name] either. But then it still reminds me of the [name]Victoria[/name] in my family. And Victorias [name]Secret[/name]. So maybe not…haha. Nice name, bad connections.

I think [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] sound adorable together!

What about [name]Vivian[/name]? I don’t think I’ve seen it listed here yet (although I could be wrong, of course). It’s a classic but it’s still fresh - never in the top but never unpopular either.

You mentioned that you like a lot of names that end in the “uh” sound. It occurs to me that a lot Russian names fit that bill, and you already seem to have a partiality for some of them, like [name]Natalia[/name].

[name]Katya[/name]
[name]Darya[/name]
[name]Sonja[/name] ([name]Sonya[/name])
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name] (this is also the diminutive for [name]Anastasia[/name])
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Anja[/name] ([name]Anya[/name])
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Karyna[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Lillia[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Misha[/name]
[name]Nikita[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

Any of these working for you?

ahhh I love [name]Makai[/name] too!! :smiley:
I really like [name]Flora[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], and [name]Bridgette[/name] from the lists of the pp

The first name that came to mind was [name]Cara[/name], second was [name]Claire[/name].